IGNORED

I would like to share an experience, God or no?

Servant of the Lion

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When I was in High School I attended a Christian play, and though at that point in my life through bad influences I had been convinced that God was an enemy who made my life difficult to punish me. As a result, I did my best to cause no harm, to prove he was unjust. At that play, after it ended, they called out for anyone that wanted to be saved to come up and receive Christ. I got up, though I could not say why. I said the words, and I meant them, but I meant them out of fear, not out of joy. I never had that "Receiving the Lord with joy" experience. I simply didn't want to go to hell. My life was difficult enough.

I thought I was making peace at the time. Things continued their downward spiral in my life though. I started reading about religions. Any religious text I could get my hands on. I was convinced God did not want peace with me, so I fell in with a pagan church.

I was living in a christian/catholic community, and one day was walking by a small park. The sun was out, the weather cool, the park was small enough that you could see straight across it, and it was packed with people. The playground was full, though there were two full basketball courts, they had four games being played on half court. There was a rather large soccer game going and several people having picnics.

As I was walking past this park. I began to hear a flute, or some kind of flute like instrument. Whoever was playing it was doing a beautiful job. The sound went out across the entire park, and I could not actually see anyone playing it though it sounded like they should have been right there in the park. Then the oddest thing happened, all activity in the park, stopped. Everyone who was not already standing, stood, and looked up towards the sky. Basketballs were abandoned and left to roll where they will. No one spoke a word. Dozens of people, if not more, stood as still as statues as they gazed towards the sky, and quietly listened to this flute player.

The music lasted for maybe a minute or so, and was beautiful, but I noticed what everone was doing. I noticed everyone looking towards the sky quietly, and that everything had stopped. When it was over, everyone went back to what they were doing as if nothing had happened. I heard no one talking about it. I stood there, dumbfounded, just waiting for someone, anyone, to talk about what had just happened. No one did.

I was as far away from God as I thought possible at that point in my life. Sure, you could say this was all a coincidence, that the music was good enough that it caught the attention of everyone in the park, that because of the slight breeze the sound was carried on the wind and that is why everyone looked up, and their curiosity satisfied, they had no reason to speak of it.

I had once been told, and yet I have found no scripture to back this up, that angels speak to us all the time. They appear visibly, speak to us vocally, and that we are just not allowed to remember what is said, but that the spirit within us does, and that when we begin the next life we will remember those conversations. I kind of wonder if that is what happened here, and I wonder how many conversations or little concerts each of us have experienced, that we simply cannot remember?

What do you think? God? Or a coincidence?

I have to lean towards God on this one. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I cannot explain what you heard but many have heard and seen unusual things....of God I believe it could be and was. That angels speak and we only remember in heaven .. I cannot accept. In the Bible if Angels appear and talk their words and actions are remembered. Angels do appear as human and interact with men but events are remembered but that they are angels is not. Experiences like that are to be treasured.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Joh 12:28-29 KJV
(28)  Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
(29)  The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

in every instance of angels speaking in the bible that i'm aware of, they were speaking for God (with the exception of the devil and his bunch of course); so what you heard may well have been an angel's music played for you at God's command.  based on the scripture above, most people would assume it was from some natural source such as someone playing an instrument from a nearby house balcony that was hidden from view from people in the park; some would say that it was an angel; some would say that it was God.  since there's no way to know in this life, my advice is to assume that this was God demonstrating His goodness toward you that's independent of your performance, but based exclusively on His love for you, as you would desire to recognize Him as the source of this goodness.  if you look for the goodness of God in your life, you will find it; if you don't, you will hear a lot of 'thunder' instead, like most of the world  :)

where are you now with God?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

It sounds more like a dream to me. Some can be very real to us, and God does speak to us through dreams at times, or visions. But that is just a guess. Had it been real one would have thought someone would have said somethings about it like did you year that? Where is it coming from?

Willa

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Servant of the Lion ....

It does sound like a dream as Willa mentioned and I am just wondering,why didn't you say anything to anyone,,,like"Did you hear that,what was it ,where did it come from?'   Anyway,it does not sound like anything Heavenly,angelic or Godly to me(that' is my opinion)....God is not a God of confusion

King James Bible
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.                                                                1 Corinthians 14:33

but satan is a deceiver,a liar & he has been known to appear as an angel of light ,it is also speculated that he was an angel created for making "worship music"......many assume this because of this description of him.....I would imagine as this insidious liar appears as beauty,he would also make sound that would be pleasing to the ear,,,,,,we must always remember that the enemy tempts the flesh ,what is attractive to the flesh to delight the eyes,ears,senses

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. (Ezekiel 28:13-14)

tabrets & pipes are types of "drums & flutes"..................You must ask yourself,since you are thinking along the lines of "angels"(& angels are messengers") What would be "the message" in such an occurrance as this?   The only thing I can see is that there is nothing that happened that day(dream or reality) that lines up with Gods Word............the enemy is satisfied with confusing believers into thinking "away " from Scripture........

I had once been told, and yet I have found no scripture to back this up, that angels speak to us all the time. They appear visibly, speak to us vocally, and that we are just not allowed to remember what is said, but that the spirit within us does, and that when we begin the next life we will remember those conversations. I kind of wonder if that is what happened here, and I wonder how many conversations or little concerts each of us have experienced, that we simply cannot remember?

The most significant thing you say here is ...." and yet I have found no scripture to back this up"..........that is your red flag,never mind what you were once told by anyone & hold fast to every God Breathed,infallible,inerrant Word of the Bible!                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

When I was in High School I attended a Christian play, and though at that point in my life through bad influences I had been convinced that God was an enemy who made my life difficult to punish me. As a result, I did my best to cause no harm, to prove he was unjust. At that play, after it ended, they called out for anyone that wanted to be saved to come up and receive Christ. I got up, though I could not say why. I said the words, and I meant them, but I meant them out of fear, not out of joy. I never had that "Receiving the Lord with joy" experience. I simply didn't want to go to hell. My life was difficult enough.

I thought I was making peace at the time. Things continued their downward spiral in my life though. I started reading about religions. Any religious text I could get my hands on. I was convinced God did not want peace with me, so I fell in with a pagan church.

I was living in a christian/catholic community, and one day was walking by a small park. The sun was out, the weather cool, the park was small enough that you could see straight across it, and it was packed with people. The playground was full, though there were two full basketball courts, they had four games being played on half court. There was a rather large soccer game going and several people having picnics.

As I was walking past this park. I began to hear a flute, or some kind of flute like instrument. Whoever was playing it was doing a beautiful job. The sound went out across the entire park, and I could not actually see anyone playing it though it sounded like they should have been right there in the park. Then the oddest thing happened, all activity in the park, stopped. Everyone who was not already standing, stood, and looked up towards the sky. Basketballs were abandoned and left to roll where they will. No one spoke a word. Dozens of people, if not more, stood as still as statues as they gazed towards the sky, and quietly listened to this flute player.

The music lasted for maybe a minute or so, and was beautiful, but I noticed what everone was doing. I noticed everyone looking towards the sky quietly, and that everything had stopped. When it was over, everyone went back to what they were doing as if nothing had happened. I heard no one talking about it. I stood there, dumbfounded, just waiting for someone, anyone, to talk about what had just happened. No one did.

I was as far away from God as I thought possible at that point in my life. Sure, you could say this was all a coincidence, that the music was good enough that it caught the attention of everyone in the park, that because of the slight breeze the sound was carried on the wind and that is why everyone looked up, and their curiosity satisfied, they had no reason to speak of it.

What do you think? God? Or a coincidence?

I have to lean towards God on this one. :)

Did you accept Jesus as your personal Savior ?

That is the key to be able to understand if things going on in your life are from God or not.

A lot of people make a decision to go forward to accept Jesus~~~but they don not always understands what it means,when you went forwards you wrote it was out of fear of not wanting to go to hell.

Can you quote John :16 for yourself?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that (can you fill your name in here?)whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 7:24-27New International Version (NIV) The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Where do you build your house on?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That experience was a long time ago, but it was not a dream. As I said though, it could have been coincidence. There are very logical explanations for it and let's be honest here, if a band pulled up at your work or something and started a concert right then and there, would it not draw a crowd? Especially if they had talent, which the mysterious flute player did.

I long since made my peace with God and have rededicated myself again. I do not have any other experiences like this one. It was a once in a lifetime thing.

The Lord and I are on great terms these days. We speak daily... well... I think I may do most of the talking, he just kind of quietly listens, though sometimes I swear I can see his humor at work in my life. I have to say my home life is blessed. As far as what I had been told about angels speaking to us. I heard something similar about... the spirit understands the Lord even when we do not, which I do believe is in one of Paul's writings, but that is as close as I could come to the idea of Angels speaking to us, even though they are often called "God's messengers". Still, it was a comforting thought at the time, that we are less alone than we thought.

That is about all I have though. That was one of the very few times where its possible God came in with a strong hand. I have long debated on if that was a talented tune carried on a breeze that day, or an impromptu concert by the heavenly court that during a difficult trial in my life, I was allowed to remember. I will have to wait to find out. In any case, thank you all for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

. I was convinced God did not want peace with me, so I fell in with a pagan church.
I was living in a christian/catholic community, and one day was walking by a small park...

If I may ask, what kind of Pagan church?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136

That's very interesting. Thank you for sharing your story.