• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

so is Easter, Christmas and wedding rings, yet most of us are strong enough spiritually strong enough to keep them separate.

There is a complete difference. Easter and Christmas are mere celebrations. Yoga is a Pagan practise which involves meditation that can invoke demons. There are numerous cases of bad spirits being summoned by such activity. Yoga is almost as bad as dabbling with Ouija boards.

I take a yoga class in the basement of a Baptist church. There is no meditation or anything weird...just stretching and strength training. I am a marathon runner and I recommend it... it has really helped me with my running. I would stay away from the chakra meditations and the strange stuff that can be involved.

That's fine. They are just physical exercises which are good for the body. It is the practise of yoga in its fullest sense that is dangerous.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

so is Easter, Christmas and wedding rings, yet most of us are strong enough spiritually strong enough to keep them separate.

There is a complete difference. Easter and Christmas are mere celebrations. Yoga is a Pagan practise which involves meditation that can invoke demons. There are numerous cases of bad spirits being summoned by such activity. Yoga is almost as bad as dabbling with Ouija boards.

I have been doing yoga for a few years now and the only thing I have invoked was better health and a lower golf score.

I have been doing yoga for a few years now and the only thing I have invoked was better health and a lower golf score.

You've been doing the exercises that's all and I've already pointed out on this thread that these are safe. However, Yoga in its fullest sense is a Hindu practise to achieve oneness with God, but the Hindu concept of God is a false one. The deep meditation involved can open portals to bad spirits.

The yoga exercises that you do for your golf are fine:-, carry on with them if they help you.

Here are a couple of links as to why yoga in its complete sense should be avoided by Christians:

http://christunlimited.com/answers/ayoga.html

http://newcovenantjournal.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/yoga-can-lead-to-possession-by-devil.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I beleieve it is safest to stay away from any practices rooted or associated with Eastern religion as there is a possibility of demonic infestation/ harrassment. Trascendental meditation was original touted as a technique and had a sceientific veneer, but it was rooted in Hindu belief systems.

Edited by submission

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,242
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Some of the stretching exercises can be done, but one should avoid the full practise.

There is a case of an Italian actress who used to practise yoga and after a bout of meditation, she felt the terrifying presence of something sinister in the room. She cried out to Jesus and the presence disappeared. She is now a born-again Christian as a result of this event.

Yoga is more than just exercises, it is a full mental and spiritual discipline and all Christians should avoid it, along with any other New Age practises.

i agree that it is more than just exercise. If one ever joins in on a class, they would witness that it involves bowing and using certain terms of speech. Yoga is meant to be practices a way of living.

also on can get injured as some of these positions are quite advanced and not suitable for basic average physical health and ability.

But exercise like calisthenic exercise  are very beneficial to our health and should be encouraged as they help keep the body limber, and the circulation clean.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Avoid the appearance of evil. 

Guest shiloh357

1to3.   Before you jump on your high horse and judge overweight  preachers and their pride,  you probably need to check your pride.  There are many overweight preachers out there, but they love their people and they pray for them and visit them in the hospital and do all kinds of service for them.   So frankly, your little prideful rant is uncalled for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

You don't need Yoga to "invoke or summon demons", as a believer you are going to be attacked by demons regardless.

Eph 6:11  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 
Eph 6:12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 
Eph 6:13  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 

Yoga is just another false religion built up in man's mind. The exercises are fine to do and will not affect a believer spiritually in the least. Unless the particular Saint is weak in the faith, then he or she should stay far away from the practice. I do think it should be practiced in private as it may confuse a younger Saint who cannot discern such things. 1 Cor 8 deals with a similar issue. 

1Co 8:9  Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 
1Co 8:10  For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol's temple, won't that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Wow!  Come on, the yoga I have seen is based in typical stretching with no spiritual garbage attached, though there are some who do teach the spiritual part.  Stay away from the false religion and use the techniques to stretch.  It does not have to be an "all or nothing" situation.