PetriFB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

so is Easter, Christmas and wedding rings, yet most of us are strong enough spiritually strong enough to keep them separate.

There is a complete difference. Easter and Christmas are mere celebrations. Yoga is a Pagan practise which involves meditation that can invoke demons. There are numerous cases of bad spirits being summoned by such activity. Yoga is almost as bad as dabbling with Ouija boards.

I have been doing yoga for a few years now and the only thing I have invoked was better health and a lower golf score.

You've been doing the exercises that's all and I've already pointed out on this thread that these are safe. However, Yoga in its fullest sense is a Hindu practise to achieve oneness with God, but the Hindu concept of God is a false one. The deep meditation involved can open portals to bad spirits.

The yoga exercises that you do for your golf are fine:-, carry on with them if they help you.

Here are a couple of links as to why yoga in its complete sense should be avoided by Christians:

http://christunlimited.com/answers/ayoga.html

http://newcovenantjournal.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/yoga-can-lead-to-possession-by-devil.html

Very much agree with what you say~~The spirituel part is of a very different spirit as we have living inside us as a born again Christian!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Yoga is dangerous because you might end up in a knot :biggrin2:

I agree that the spiritual side of it comes from pagan beliefs and false gods, but that the stretching part of it is suppose to be good for you. If I'm not mistaking the breathing part of it is similar to the Tai Chi breathing technic (to breath with the abdomen). The problem with this type of breathing is that it empties your mind and spirit.  When I practiced Tai Chi years ago, I always felt empty inside afterwards because of the breathing technic itself. So in conclusion to my opinion, I think it's ok as long as you don't get involved with the spiritual side nor the breathing technic of it. So if you're going to leave all that out might as well just do regular stretching exercises.

I agree that the spiritual side of it comes from pagan beliefs and false gods, but that the stretching part of it is suppose to be good for you. If I'm not mistaking the breathing part of it is similar to the Tai Chi breathing technic (to breath with the abdomen). The problem with this type of breathing is that it empties your mind and spirit.  When I practiced Tai Chi years ago, I always felt empty inside afterwards because of the breathing technic itself. So in conclusion to my opinion, I think it's ok as long as you don't get involved with the spiritual side nor the breathing technic of it. So if you're going to leave all that out might as well just do regular stretching exercises.

Are you talking about  deep breathing?

There is really nowhere  to go to  go to yoga classes without them practising the meditation part but you can go to a gym and do the stretches :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

There is really nowhere  to go to  go to yoga classes without them practising the meditation part but you can go to a gym and do the stretches :)

Breathing with the abdomen is the opposite of the regular breathing we are used to, when you inhale the abdomen goes in and when you exhale the abdomen goes out, this exercise is known to increase Chi flow better known as the life force within according to Tai Chi practioners. When doing this breathing exercise, you are suppose to completely empty your mind and become one with your environment. In my past experience, doing so emptied my mind and spirit leaving me with a oneness feeling of my surroundings in which I later found out was a pagan practice. From what I've heard, some Yoga breathing exercises are similar, so probably not a good idea to do so...     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Why not Pilates? The wife and I have done it, and it gives one all the core strength, breathing methods and flexibility without the spiritual. Bit of screaming in pain the next day, but I guess that's OK?

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There is no sin in Yoga, only good health...and lower golf scores

Your golf scores are not going to get you into Heaven.  I have severe back and neck issues, I do stretching exercises but it has nothing to do with Yoga. They help me loosen up and make me more comfortable.  Buying into the whole Yoga thing is a very bad place to be for the believer to be.   My question to you is what is more important to you, better golf scores or your soul?  

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Ive had some folks ask me about yoga and how it affects the witness to unbelievers. Many unbelievers see Christians doing yoga and think ok I can stay with those beliefs. It may not seem so bad in the us, but some outside the us have commented on how bad a witness it is, especially in areas heavily populated by those of hindu and buddist faiths.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Breathing with the abdomen is the opposite of the regular breathing we are used to, when you inhale the abdomen goes in and when you exhale the abdomen goes out, this exercise is known to increase Chi flow better known as the life force within according to Tai Chi practioners. When doing this breathing exercise, you are suppose to completely empty your mind and become one with your environment. In my past experience, doing so emptied my mind and spirit leaving me with a oneness feeling of my surroundings in which I later found out was a pagan practice. From what I've heard, some Yoga breathing exercises are similar, so probably not a good idea to do so...     

Actually they type of breathing is called Paradoxical breathing.  I think dabbling in anything that has to do with the occult is dangerous and needs to be avoided.  Just open the door a crack and evil can rush in.  I would just do as Kwik says just do a stretching exercise and at the same time meditate on  the Lord. The stretching does not need to be given a name, it's just an exercise.

Because He Lives!  RustyAngeL  

Actually they type of breathing is called Paradoxical breathing.  I think dabbling in anything that has to do with the occult is dangerous and needs to be avoided.  Just open the door a crack and evil can rush in.  I would just do as Kwik says just do a stretching exercise and at the same time meditate on  the Lord. The stretching does not need to be given a name, it's just an exercise.

Because He Lives!  RustyAngeL  

This is the first time I hear about that kind of breathing... do they teach that in yoga? I know they focus on breathing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I practiced yoga for about five years, and it got to a point where I could feel something physically rising up to my spine and shoot out of my head. There's the question to which point we are supposed to manipulate our (bodily) functions. As it tends to be with our current state, being more or less blind to the spiritual reality unless discerning or in revelation (God willing), we expose ourselves to danger if we try to open up to something, and that something has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, our risen Lord.

Stretching is ok, of course. In fact, the "ancient tradition" of yoga has more to it than generally thought, apparently. For that, 

read Mark Singleton's research in which he points out how yoga and its asanas more precisely, is actually quite modern and has its roots in a Danish form of gymnastics called something like 'primitive gym'.

It was shocking, but not surprising. Do not be fooled to believe we can adapt occult methods and combine them to our faith. I mean, these postures are all about to alter the state of consciousness, and that's nothing but occult. We are not suppose to alter our state of being, other than let God take care of it. Stay away from these practices, I thought too it's safe, but it's not. I would say the same about martial arts. I saw this video, where old Chinese masters could perform a movement and people got knocked over from distance. Interestingly, when these same movements were performed on skeptics, nothing happened. That should prove, that it's about demonic. Why these skeptics were not knocked over, was because they did not believe in the power of kung fu, qi gong whatever. In other words, their minds were not open to the demonic oppression working through these channels. 

Why to risk your own well-being by seeing how much of the occult you can copy and how close without it getting to you? Just because you think it's on safe ground does not mean you haven't already given them access. Because, even though it has often to do with our faith, there are also legal rights we sometimes grand to our enemies. Yoga and stuff like that most certainly is like that.