• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

Well Alex, I did not define adultery as having dinner with someone who is not your spouse. I never once said it was adultery. And having a nice car isn't greed. Greed is want it all for yourself at someone else's expense.

Well Shiloh, I did not define greed as having a nice car, just like you said that the dinner thing can lead to the appearance of adultery, I said the fancy car could lead to the apperance of greed. If you quit making false statements about what I said, I will be happy to do the same for you.

We are both talking about the apperance of evil. The problem with the appearance of anything is that it is purely subjective based upon the one doing the viewing.

You view the dinner thing as an appearance of evil because that is how you have been taught to view it.

You are misrepresenting me. I did not "ANY married women." You ;are adding to what I said. Everyone else on this board understands that

I was talking about married members of the opposite sex that were not relatives. No one else raised an issue, You are the ONLY one making that an issue. Everyone else understood the spirit of what I said and responsed accordingly. I included in my analogy, the problems when her friends see her with a man she is not married to, implying that they are not relatives. So I made myself clear.

Sorry, but your attempt to misrepresent my comments isn't going to fly. I have not changed my position at all. You simply misconstrued my comments and assigned values to me that I did not intend or even imply.

You are simply wrong.

How would the person doing the viewing that leads to the appreance of evil know that they are relatives?

Guest shiloh357

Okay, having an expensive car is not an appearance of greed.  It is an appearance of wealth.   People have to do other things to appear greedy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

You are misrepresenting me. I did not "ANY married women." You ;are adding to what I said. Everyone else on this board understands that

I was talking about married members of the opposite sex that were not relatives. No one else raised an issue, You are the ONLY one making that an issue. Everyone else understood the spirit of what I said and responsed accordingly. I included in my analogy, the problems when her friends see her with a man she is not married to, implying that they are not relatives. So I made myself clear.

Sorry, but your attempt to misrepresent my comments isn't going to fly. I have not changed my position at all. You simply misconstrued my comments and assigned values to me that I did not intend or even imply.

You are simply wrong.

How would the person doing the viewing that leads to the appreance of evil know that they are relatives?

Exactly!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

as time goes along I guess we will have to see who gets to choose what is evil....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Concerning the relatives, they can be sister, brother, uncle, auntie, grandson, daughter, niece, nephew, second cousin etc etc. & who is to know who they are. Also as the said persons are having a public dinner it is not done on the quiet.  Plus most abusers are of the `family,` so does that therefore make it better to have dinner with a family member?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Okay, having an expensive car is not an appearance of greed. It is an appearance of wealth. People have to do other things to appear greedy.

Yes, I understand that to you having an expense car is not an appearance of greed, and to me having dinner is not an appearance of adultery.

You keep making my point for me, that the appearance of evil rest in the eye of the beholder.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

On the having dinner with the opposite sex part... I know it would bother me if my fiancee told me she was going out with a male friend for dinner and it would bother her if I told her I was going out for dinner with a female friend of mine, not so much because of the Christian appearance but... It would bother me because she's an attractive person and I'm sure that just about anyone of the opposite sex thinks the same. So maybe to her it wouldn't mean anything but I'm sure that there would be some sinful thoughts going through the male friend's mind while having dinner with her. A man's mind is a man's mind, we can't help that, it's an automatic thing. I would definitely not have dinner with an attractive female friend of mine because I know that I couldn't help some of my thoughts towards her, plus it would be disrespectful to my fiancee. And vise versa with a woman, the fact is that it can create sin in the mind.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

A generation that sees nothing wrong with gay marriage, and predominately accepts sex outside of marriage as acceptable would likely not see having dinner alone with a married member of the opposite sex as problematic.   It's not really as generational as it is simply the lack of a moral compass to guide behavior.

Sounds mighty close to the gang that accused our Lord of doing wrong simply because of appearances. Your posts are a breath of fresh air a majority of the time, but you are off basis a bit on this line of thinking, brother. Our Lord seemed radical to the world during his time on earth as he ate and drank with people that by your definition would create an appearance of evil.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

It probably wouldn't bother me or her for either of us to go out to dinner with a very unattractive person though :hmmm:  lol...nevermind..better leave this thread... :sneaking: