IGNORED

pot stirring - halfway houses

ayin jade

Guest LadyC

still, shiloh, where would you suggest they go? what area could they possibly put a halfway house where it would not be in a neighborhood? people coming out of prison have to go somewhere. and they have to have access to transportation so they can meet the requirements of their parole. where would you suggest they go?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I wouldn't have to drive 20 miles in order to minister to the drunks, drug addicts, whores, thieves and cons. I would save a lot in gas.

Guest shiloh357

I dunno, LadyC.   I think something can be done if we really tired.  Perhaps zoning an area in a city for them.   But putting them in a neighborhood won't do them any good if people there see them as a liability. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I am curious, of everyone who likes halfway houses in this thread, would any of you knowingly buy a home in a neighborhood with a halfway house? Or would you look elsewhere?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I think someone somewhere ought to have the good sense not to place a halfway house in a neighborhood.   I don't think anyone wants to mistreat those who are trying to get their lives back on track, but there are simply better places to put those kinds of places than in a neighborhood with kids.  Why not have the foresight to consider a better location?  

Exactly  nod.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,263
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am curious, of everyone who likes halfway houses in this thread, would any of you knowingly buy a home in a neighborhood with a halfway house? Or would you look elsewhere?

That would depend on the price.....   If I knew ahead of time that it was there and the house was appropriately priced because of it I might.   Especially if we were in a financial bind.  But then again, I may not count for I'm not sure I would fit into liking halfway houses.    Really nice house at dirt cheap prices we might work around the halfway house.

I hope when my dad gets out of jail people ain't mean to him and give him a chance to do right

:thumbsup:

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

Praying~!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

It would not play into my decision making and, according to some posters on this thread, I could get such a house on the cheap (though, I'd like to see statistics backing up those claims, because it is pure conjecture without proof).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Review