Lost faith- can I get it back?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Ted that is a real encouragement!!

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks to all of you who have replied

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi Steve;

It's normal to question things.

If you truly seek a relationship with God, keep seeking Him, seeking His daily spiritual bread for you, Matthew6:11,

praying He direct your path, and He will walk this life with you always.

The path of life is a journey,

His will for us, is to receive  more clarity of God consciousnesses in our hearts with every step we take in His will,

to clearly see how far off course we were and are when walking against His will for us.

Remember there is a good force and an evil force.

When we get tempted away from God, we are being seduced by the evil force, a sinful will not from God.

The sinful force is part of this world and part of the Adamic nature we inherited from Adam and Eves' disobedience to Gods will for them.

Christ Jesus came to break and free us from the bondage of sin . Through Christ Jesus, we have been given to be new creatures with the capacity to live free from sin.

Christ Jesus Blood was and IS pure, it was shed to cover our sins and make us acceptable to come into the presence of God.

When after true sincere repentance, you ask and allow the blood of Jesus to come and wash away your sins, He comes and washes away your sins.

His sin free blood becomes part of your body when you ask the Holy Spirit of God into your heart.

With the Holy Spirit of God in your heart and seeking Gods will and spiritual bread every day, you have been given the capacity to overcome sin and its temptations.

When you are not fully living in this state, and temptations comes knocking at the door of your heart, and you open the door to it instead of following Gods will,you have placed yourself in a position of sin.

In this position of sin, your conscience in Christ Jesus will convict your heart of wrong doing and your heart will want to repent (turn away from sin) and walk back into Gods will.

Through the Holy Spirit of God working out in each soul the image of Christ Jesus. “There is one Body” only because “there is one Spirit.” Sin vexes the one, but grieves the other.

...And sometimes me must fall in order to get back up and understand better from the lesson of falling down.

virtue that is not tested is not real virtue.

The danger with sin is that if you stray to far into sin after sin, and think its o.k., your conscience can become so seared by sin, it may blind you because of pride, to ever find and accept Gods will again.

But while you are alive on earth, God is always here to receive you, if you seek Him through His plan of salvation,  through Christ Jesus.

If you ever asked God into your heart sincerely, through His plan of salvation through Mercy & Grace , The Holy Spirit of God is with you and will not leave you but will try to bring you back to Him and closer to Him as you keep seeking Him. It is when you reject God completely from your life, that God can do no more for you and will leave you be.

But before that happens, Christ Jesus is the good shepherd, John10:10. He will go looking for you when or if you stray, He will try and bring you back to your good sense in Him.

It is when you have made a clear decision to reject God and His will for your life, than you place your soul in the hands of where God does not live.

You have then place yourself into the hands and will of the spirit of death.

t

The unpardonable sin: Denying God, Rejecting God completely from your heart.

James 1:13

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.

1Corinthians 10: 12,13

12Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. 13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

1John 1:5,6

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

6 if we say we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

God cannot live in you when you sin, He departs from living in your body, when you sin

When you ask God to come and make a home in your heart, you are asking the Holy Spirit of God to be with you, to live in your heart to guide you.

Your body becomes the temple where the Holy Spirit of God resides. God cannot reside in sin.

You need to nourish it daily with the spiritual bread from Gods will everyday.

know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit of God?

1 Corinthians 6:19

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit of God who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

When you walk in the will of satan  the will of God departs your body.

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God that lives in you when you have repented and asked Him into your heart or He cannot live in you.

Ephesians 4:30

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.…

Only through sincere repentance to God and asking the Holy Spirit of God to come back into your heart, will He come back and make his home in your heart.

When , you sin, or miss the mark, the Holy Spirit of God gently will nudge at your conscience and point you back into the right direction.

If you ignore His nudging and keep walking in the wrong direction, He cannot do much more then allow you to fall.

God will always try His best to bring you back as He IS the good shepherd , but if you keep refusing Him and His will for you, you are basically denying Him and His Word as Truth and so He can not do more than what He as done,as He has given you a free choice to follow the will of God or follow the will of satan.

you really have no will of your own, it is either belonging to God or belonging to satan.

Matthew 6 : 10 Thy will be done

The danger with sin is that it can seer the consciousness of mans heart to a point were the heart has become so filled with self-righteous pride, it can no longer open or be receptive to find God.

God could have saved Hitler, Saul,had only they had a heart open to ask God for help. From all records of their lives, it looks like their pride got the best of them and they died unto death in their sin.

Matthew 6:33

32"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:5, 6,7

5Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Edited by 1to3

Welcome~!

~

Is there anyone who's also rejected their faith like me and come back to believe? Or know of anyone that has please? It would be a great encouragement of someone has.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Of

Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings.

Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God. Jeremiah 3:22

Course

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God made all of us individual. It's probably why he loves us. Some of us question him more than others.

I've wandered from my faith a few times and even turned my back on God. I rejected him a number of times when I was younger and then spent maybe twenty years ignoring him and following other beliefs. I didn't really have any faith in him at all until a few years ago. Sometimes life is a journey.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hi I'm 21 years old. I first asked Jesus into my heart and asked for forgiveness when I was 5 years old, iv repeated this numerous times during my life usually after a challenging sermon or after committing a great sin. My faith has never been really strong but I'd always pray God would make it stronger and that he'd make me a better Christian which was/is my desire. But two years ago after lots of doubts about my faith and God one night while led in bed I came to the conclusion that God didn't exist, the bible was made up and there was no such thing as sin. Then a few days later I read that Christians that stopped believing were destined for hell. This scared me a lot!! So I started reading a lot of apologetics hoping to get my faith back but it didn't work, then on the Internet I read that true Christians never stopped believing this again made me panick even more. So ever since then iv been trying to get my faith back. My biggest fear is that iv never been a true Christian and that iv had my chance to become a Christian but I missed it and kept on sinning so the Holy Spirit has given up on me, because I don't feel convicted of sin anymore. So am I without hope? Am I condemmed to hell?

Is there anyone who's also rejected their faith like me and come back to believe? Or know of anyone that has please? It would be a great encouragement of someone has.

Steve I believe in Once Saved Always Saved.Once a person truly asked Jesus Christ into their live they are saved for a lifetime.It sounds to me like Satan was doing a little talking to you.Pray to God and tell Him what is on your heart and your fears.God loves you.He wants to spend eternity with you in heaven.Pick up that Bible and recommit yourself to Him.If you have any questions about Once Saved Always Saved please PM me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Welcome

• Topic Count:  108