WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,491
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News)– "We will not obey." That's the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage, Fox News reported.

"We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line," read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. "We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve."

"While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross," the pledge states.

The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse. —
Source

View the full article

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

We'll see... how everyone "complies" or doesn't comply. That time is near.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We do live in interesting times...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I agree but we are told that the governing bodies are a law to themselves and basically unjust and yet we are told to be subject to the government/ leaders are put in by God and taken out by God. Interesting contradiction. And yet the Bible does not contradict itself nor does God.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I agree but we are told that the governing bodies are a law to themselves and basically unjust and yet we are told to be subject to the government/ leaders are put in by God and taken out by God. Interesting contradiction. And yet the Bible does not contradict itself nor does God.

We are not meant to be subject to laws that go against our faith though. It's one thing to give to Cesar what is Cesar's and another thing to comply with laws that make us break the commands of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I disagree that we are subject to those governments......   that's why they fed Christians to the lions because they would not submit...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sure enough, as the world becomes more wicked, and we are told to obey the laws of the land (when not going against scripture), I am reminded of the passage Jesus spoke to one who wanted to follow Him, but had a desire to bury a family member ... "Let the dead bury their dead".   I can see the meaning of this in the laws of the land.  We are not, however, told to obey the laws over the Lords commandments. as we see in Daniel 3 when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego refused to bow and worship the gods of Nebuchadnezzar nor worship his statue.  They chose, instead, to continue to follow the Lord and was blessed for doing so.  We also need to follow their example.

The world will become more wicked and we need to be an example, a representative of the Lord, so through us, and our actions, people find hope in the Lord, a better way of life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I was thinking about this when I saw it on 700 club news. What will happen to the churches who will not perform gay marriages or all the business that will not support gay marriage. I'm thinking will those churches and places close down.

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I am not saying to go against Gid's will ans law, I am saying that governments are an evil unto themselves yet we are to be subject to the laws at the same time...or do I understand that scripture differently