Am I a reprobate?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really worried I'm reprobate. I was brought up in a Christian home and asked Jesus to save me when I was five cos I realised I was a hell deserving sinner. I've asked him to save me loads of times over my life. I always struggled with sin though and sometimes I would do it wilfully thinking it's ok God will forgive me.

Then a couple of years ago I was struggling with a lot of doubts about the faith and I kept falling into sin, one day I thought 'wouldn't it be great if it all didn't exist then I could sin as much as I want' and thought about certain sins, thinking 'how's that bad'? Basically excusing them. That night I did my bible readings and read some hard to understand passages in Leviticus and thought how could that be true?? And with that I rejected all I had believed. Then not long after about a week or so I read that people that stop believing are doomed to hell so this scared me loads and so I tried to start believing again but I couldn't, this carried on for a while. Then I became relaxed about the situation and thought God would bring me back in time. But then I fell headlong into sin usually excusing it or doing it in direct defiance to God. Thinking terrible thoughts like 'It's worth going to hell for sin' 'Gods sending me to hell might as well do what I want' 'humans are great. God won't be able to send them to hell' Then I realised how unsatisfied I was, especially with sin, it just seemed to loose its appeal. Then I realised that the only satisfaction is in Jesus and I couldn't be happy until i was sure I was going to heaven instead of trying to ignore it. And then I got all worried again. I then read those passages on reprobates and thought 'oh no that's me!' Because I chose sin over God and I realised my conscience seemed to have disappeared, I was no longer convicted of sin. I realised ever since I stopped I believing that my mind had changed. My ambitions had gone, love for my friends and family had gone, I'd turned very proud and selfish. People say there is no hope for people like me, I'm trying to repent and believe on Jesus but faith and conviction won't come. It's like my heart is hard to the gospel. Please please is there any hope for people like me?? I'm in torment every day. I regret so bad the stupid decisions I made over these last couple of years, I feel sick and terrible. I cry out to God for help but nothing happens!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Hi there!

I know you will get a lot of fantastic advice here, understanding to your questions and many scriptures.  I am more of a Christian friend that tells people what has been the breakthrough moments of my life. 

I know one thing, Jesus loves you.  You say you still believe and you want and desire to be free from being stagnant.  No one wants that more than Jesus.  I too got to feeling that way a few times in my walk with Christ.  I prayed for God to take out my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.")

Remember that we are sinful creatures, we all sin and fall short of the Glory of God.  That's what makes Jesus so amazing, that even though we mess up, fall down, shake our fists sometimes, HE is faithful and just to forgive us of those sins.  He will continue to woo you, to help you finish the race.  Sometimes when the running gets too much, Jesus takes over and carries you for a few legs. 

Worry not, but believe always!  The Blood of Jesus is more powerful than you can even fathom.  No pit is too deep that His mighty arms can't reach you!

Shalom!

Sue

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Brother... I have some good news for you. What you are experiencing is an identity crisis that most Christians go through, whether they want to admit it or not. The good news is, there's something you need to know.

Please Sir... Give this a read? And then come back to this thread and let's talk. I'm looking very much forward to what you're about to come to know.

God bless you with His knowledge and wisdom Sir! It's going to change your life!

Remember that we are sinful creatures, we all sin and fall short of the Glory of God.  That's what makes Jesus so amazing, that even though we mess up, fall down, shake our fists sometimes, HE is faithful and just to forgive us of those sins.  He will continue to woo you, to help you finish the race.  Sometimes when the running gets too much, Jesus takes over and carries you for a few legs. 

Worry not, but believe always!  The Blood of Jesus is more powerful than you can even fathom.  No pit is too deep that His mighty arms can't reach you!

Shalom!

Sue

Amen... and Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i don't believe any of us can answer that question for you.....    there are reprobates, but I have always been taught that they really don't care.

It may be that the Lord wants you to squirm around in it a bit to teach you a lesson....        change inside and just tell him that you are his no matter what and if he wants to toss you into the fire that you are his to toss...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i don't believe any of us can answer that question for you.....    there are reprobates, but I have always been taught that they really don't care.

It may be that the Lord wants you to squirm around in it a bit to teach you a lesson....        change inside and just tell him that you are his no matter what and if he wants to toss you into the fire that you are his to toss...

Other one, remind me to never come to you for advice when I'm really down lol

I really don't think that if Steve was reprobate that he would even care...

When you think you are past any help, it might be comforting to have the idea that "I'm still being deciplined"....    He certainly let me struggle for a time to get away from the dark side...    even after I realized that I could not do it myself...   but in the long run made me much stronger in keeping them at bay.....   and I think in sometimes helping others....     

Much of the time we should be more interested in learning the lessons than releif.          I do not believe that the Lord just lets the dark side dump on you for no reason.         Steve has done a pretty serious thing, and I would trust that the Lord knows what he's doing in addressing the problem with him.

I've also been where I'm suggesting Steve needs to be....             totally at the mercy of our Lord......   no matter what.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Reprobate has to do with Calvinism which I do not support.Reprobate is a result of unbelief.We can not declare anyone to be reprobate in this life.Everyone has a chance for salvation not just the chosen.We have John 3:16.If anyone believes in Jesus Christ and is born again they will go to heaven.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The part I thought was scary was when you rationalized that God wouldn't care if you sinned, He would forgive you.

His Word says that His Spirit won't always strive with man.

I also believe that you are being disciplined. God chastens those He loves. It is for yielding the peaceable fruit of righteousness.

But our all knowing God created the universe. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. You have had no fear of God's discipline. And learning this fear has kept me from sinning a few times. I am not talking about hell fire. I am talking about trials and being rejected by friends, and feeling like God has abandoned me as well. Remember when Jesus hung on the cross and said, My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?. That was how I felt. I went through my own crucifixion of the flesh. Now I simply don't want to lose the fellowship with Him that is such a comfort and blessing. "I have been crucified with Christ; it no longer I who live, but Christ Who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20 NKJV

But be warned. God won't allow you to try to manipulate Him or play games with Him. He knows you better than you know yourself. There was a guy named Jacob who was a manipulator and deceiver. So God allowed him to be deceived and manipulated by his father in law for 14 years. Finally Jacob met an angel of the Lord and wrestled with him, saying he would not quit till God blessed him. Jacob was wounded in the process but God blessed him. I believe the wound in his theigh forced him to lean on and depend on God. But God renamed him Israel and the nation was named after him. His sons were given the land.

So all is not lost. But God will discipline you if your truly are his son. Hebrews 12:5-11 And you won't be likely to forget it. He wants you to learn to rely on and lean on Him to live the Christian life.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Because they refused to keep God in all their thoughts God gave them over to a reprobate mind.

It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

For as long as I can remember I had been reprobate. My greatest joys then became my deepest sorrow. The journey to godliness has not been an easy one. I learned about self deception along the way.

What worked for me was finding someone to mentor me that I could be honest with about my darkest secrets and desires who could guide me to honest fruitful living before God. The restoration process for the deeply demented soul is painstaking. Don't give up.

Because they refused to keep God in all their thoughts God gave them over to a reprobate mind.

It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

For as long as I can remember I had been reprobate. My greatest joys then became my deepest sorrow. The journey to godliness has not been an easy one. I learned about self deception along the way.

What worked for me was finding someone to mentor me that I could be honest with about my darkest secrets and desires who could guide me to honest fruitful living before God. The restoration process for the deeply demented soul is painstaking. Don't give up.

Amen, Brother...