emekrus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.” 1 Corinthians 12:4-5

In my early stage of Christianity, the gift of Tongues is one gift that I benefited allots from; yet I encountered several bashing concerning it from so many folks. Most of which, were those who had been in the race, years before me…

But somehow, I seemed to take every other corrections, except giving up on speaking in tongues: both in privacy and in public. Then as I continued relentlessly and doggedly till now, the gift of Tongues have become one of my most profitable spiritual gifts.

By the administration of the gift of tongues (personally), I can now pray for over an hour without vain repetitions. By its administration, when I’m faced with some stubborn temptations, as I open my mouth, in faith, I get instant deliverance from the Holy Spirit…

Along the above line of deliverance from stubborn temptations, a few months ago, I was attacked by a very strong spirit of lust towards a lady, I was prospecting to marry. Then as I struggled on my own, the Holy Spirit gave me a word; and as I got the word, immediately, I got up and started speaking violently in other tongues…

And presently, I felt the power of God move on my heart and cleansed the lustful feeling. And by the next time I saw the lady in question, she was like every other person to me. The lustful feeling I had towards her totally disappeared…

More so, when I’m tempted with depression, as I open my mouth, speaking in other tongues, within a few minutes, my Joy of salvation is miraculously restored. By the manifestation of the gift of tongues, as I open my mouth to interpret by faith, I get some specific messages from God.

By the manifestation of the gift of tongues, a few weeks ago, as my neighbor overhead me praying in other tongues, she placed her hand in the spot where she had pain, then by daybreak, the pain was totally gone.

A few weeks back, as I prayed in other tongues and in understanding for my friend who was sick, I got a leading of the Holy Spirit to call him over the phone and pray for him for instant healing. As I did, presently, the power of God fell on him, and the medication he was to take, he left it and by daybreak, he was totally healed.

I can go on and on, sharing all the miracles I have personally encountered by simply opening my mouth in faith to speak in other tongues. Yet so many folks in Christendom miss out on the blessings of God, accessible to them through speaking and praying in other tongues due to unbelief and religious brain-washing…

Hence, this sermon seeks to point out, scripturally, the correct administration of this awesome gift, for personal edification.

What Then Is The Gift Of Tongues For?

1. Self-Edification- 1 Corinthians 14:2: It is for receiving comforting ministrations or messages from the Holy Spirit. Then it also means, receiving self-lifting, divine help from God in your Spirit.

2. It is For Charging Up Your Faith- Jude 1:20. Which is to say, when you are faced with an issue, and you’re tempted with unbelief or fear, you clear them off instantly by speaking in other tongues.

As you speak in other tongues, when you’re confronted with a situation, fear, unbelief, personal beliefs, are instantly replaced with a Holy Faith (God’s kind of Faith). Then along the same line, you can also apply tongues for stirring up the other spiritual gifts in you. For instance, Tongues can stir-up prophecy (through the interpretations). It can stir up the gift of healing and the rests… all of which, manifest by faith.

You know, the Apostle Paul in the book of 2 Timothy 1:6; charges us to stir up the gifts of God in us. And one of the easiest ways to do that, is to be speaking more and more in other tongues, just like the Apostle Paul did (1 Corinthians 14:18).

3. Tongues Is For Prayers- Romans 8:26; “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

Now with the gift of tongues, which is powered by the Holy Spirit himself, we can pray more effectively, with better results… and much, much, more. So forbid not to speak in other tongues… (1 Corinthians 14:39).

For more teaching on the administration of Tongues, get Kenneth E. Hagin Book: “Tongues Beyond The Upper Room”.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

This topic has been discussed on Worthy several times and it is not a very good outcome.I do not support tongues.

I am a cessationist.That is the view that the "miracle gifts" of tongues have ceased - that the end of the Apostolic age brought about this cessation.  1 Corinthians 14:22

Guest shiloh357

Kenneth Hagin mentioned at the end of the article was a heretic and a false prophet.  If you are drawing from him, you are being fed a load of false teaching.

Kenneth Hagin mentioned at the end of the article was a heretic and a false prophet.  If you are drawing from him, you are being fed a load of false teaching.

sad.gif Yep

Kenneth Hagin, like most of the tv evangelists out there, teaches some things that are true and some things that are false.  I certainly wouldn't recommend accepting everything he says without question, but neither would I suggest doing that with anyone.  I can find some error in every tv preacher I have ever listened to, whether it be John Haggee, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, Jimmy Swaggart, Billy Graham, Charles Stanley or anyone else.  They all have something you can point to that is not right, but that doesn't mean everything they say is wrong. 

Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher....period.Please do not group Dr.Charles Stanley with Kenneth Copeland,Joyce Meyers and Jimmy Swaggart that is an insult to his true Christian ministry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Since knowledge has not ceased and the perfect has not come, I do not hold that scripture to be evidence that tongues have ceased.

However, I am glad that the gift has been so beneficial in your life.

But the writings of Kenneth Hagin are not the most reliable. It would be best to stick to Scripture. Even so, he said that the gift "stirs up" prophecy. Not that the interpretation is prophecy.

For instance, the purpose is to praise God and to pray. The interpretation in Scripture is never prophecy or God speaking. I am sure that He did speak to you in prophecy, but that was not the interpretation if you read Scripture carefully. The interpretation would have been a prayer or praise. I have also been corrected through Scripture concerning this misunderstanding. Search the Scriptures to see if these things are so.

I will most certainly throw them all in the same mix.  How about you please providing proof that Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher BoPeep?  Give me a list of his false teachings, and since you agreed with Shiloh he is also a false prophet and a heretic, how about providing the prophecies he gave out that failed to come to pass, along with sources. 

Question: "Is the Word of Faith movement biblical?"

Answer:Word of Faith teaching is decidedly unbiblical. It is not a denomination and does not have a formal organization or hierarchy. Instead, it is a movement that is heavily influenced by a number of high-profile pastors and teachers such as Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, and Fred Price.

The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

From here, its theology just strays further and further from Scripture: it claims that God created human beings in His literal, physical image as little gods. Before the fall, humans had the potential to call things into existence by using the faith-force. After the fall, humans took on Satan's nature and lost the ability to call things into existence. In order to correct this situation, Jesus Christ gave up His divinity and became a man, died spiritually, took Satan's nature upon Himself, went to hell, was born again, and rose from the dead with God's nature. After this, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to replicate the Incarnation in believers so they could become little gods as God had originally intended.

Following the natural progression of these teachings, as little gods we again have the ability to manipulate the faith-force and become prosperous in all areas of life. Illness, sin, and failure are the result of a lack of faith, and are remedied by confession—claiming God's promises for oneself into existence. Simply put, the Word of Faith movement exalts man to god-status and reduces God to man-status. Needless to say, this is a false representation of what Christianity is all about. Obviously, Word of Faith teaching does not take into account what is found in Scripture. Personal revelation, not Scripture, is highly relied upon in order to come up with such absurd beliefs, which is just one more proof of its heretical nature.

Countering Word of Faith teaching is a simple matter of reading the Bible. God alone is the Sovereign Creator of the Universe (Genesis 1:3;1 Timothy 6:15) and does not need faith—He is the object of faith (Mark 11:22;Hebrews 11:3). God is spirit and does not have a physical body (John 4:24). Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26,27;9:6), but this does not make him a little god or divine. Only God has a divine nature (Galatians 4:8;Isaiah 1:6-11,43:10,44:6;Ezekiel 28:2;Psalm 8:6-8). Christ is Eternal, the Only Begotten Son, and the only incarnation of God (John 1:1,2,14,15,18;3:16;1 John 4:1). In Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). By becoming a man, Jesus gave up the glory of heaven but not His divinity (Philippians 2:6-7), though He did choose to withhold His power while walking the earth as man.

The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Psalm 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8;Hebrews 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html#ixzz3dFu7Xiq6

I do want to make one thing clear.  I am not a Kenneth Hagin supporter.  I have hardly ever listened to him.  I just won't accept attacks on any minister without some evidence.  My comments were just generalized statements in that no minister out there is perfectly aligned with what we believe, so we can always find fault.  I reject Charles Stanley's teachings on OSAS and his view of being Spirit filled, so to me, he is false in those areas.  I reject Billy Graham's view of OSAS, so to me, he is false in that area.  I don't believe you get saved by signing a card saying you accept Jesus.  That still doesn't mean I would go around labeling them heretics and false prophets.  All ministers will teach things we disagree with, so to reach the level of heretic, I need a lot more than just a statement of fact with no proof, and to reach the level of false prophet, I need examples of specific things they said would come to pass in the name of the Lord that didn't happen. 

So you do not believe in OSAS.That is your choice.Life is full of choices.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Now with the gift of tongues, which is powered by the Holy Spirit himself, we can pray more effectively, with better results… and much, much, more. So forbid not to speak in other tongues… (1 Corinthians 14:39).

Emekrus,

There are two aspects of tongues which need to be addressed: (1) personal experiences and (2) Bible doctrine. 

As far as personal experiences, none of us has the right to question the spiritual experiences of individuals per se.  That is between them and the Lord. Evidently you have benefited greatly from tongues, so that is something that you can rejoice over.

As far as Bible doctrine is concerned, we need to bring out all the truth concerning tongues.  Modern tongues simply do not meet the biblical criteria.  But this is probably not the thread in which to go into the doctrine.