IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, mikefromwichita said:

Yet every day we see people go hungry in the streets and the unarmed murdered by thugs. Often these are people who appear utterly sincere in their Christian Faith........................Could it be that however sincere they maybe they are wrong about what God expects from us. Perhaps it is those folks who work hard and keep weapons at hand to battle the wolves who are REALLY what God wants us to be. BTW, did David (future king) use weapons to defend his flock of sheep from predators? Simple Yes or No question.

Yes he did, but it isn't really just simple.  The sling that David used to kill Goliath and protect his sheep has the same knockdown power as a 45 cal semi automatic hand gun at 25 to 30 yards, but in the hands of someone like David much more accurate.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Yes he did, but it isn't really just simple.  The sling that David used to kill Goliath and protect his sheep has the same knockdown power as a 45 cal semi automatic hand gun at 25 to 30 yards, but in the hands of someone like David much more accurate.

So YES it is quite simple. David (future King of Israel) used a weapon to defend his Family's Property.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Also check out Nehemiah chapter 4. They Jews when they were rebuilding the wall carried weapons with them for protection in case someone came up against them while rebuilding the wall. God did not rebuke them for doing this. As a matter of fact the Lord continued to bless the building of the wall. It was smart leadership on the part of Nehemiah. So I see no problem with having a weapon for self defense. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

12 minutes ago, mikefromwichita said:

So YES it is quite simple. David (future King of Israel) used a weapon to defend his Family's Property.

Well, there you go! An excellent example of a weapon used in scripture, by a man after God's heart!  Though, didn't David say his battle with Goliath was for a different purpose?  Did he say it was to defend property?

Another question I have, are we to become more and more like David, or Someone else?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Also check out Nehemiah chapter 4. They Jews when they were rebuilding the wall carried weapons with them for protection in case someone came up against them while rebuilding the wall. God did not rebuke them for doing this. As a matter of fact the Lord continued to bless the building of the wall. It was smart leadership on the part of Nehemiah. So I see no problem with having a weapon for self defense. 

Yes, I like that.  Now, I wonder, after Jesus rose from the dead, why didn't the apostles gather together and protect themselves, why did they all but one I believe, die of unnatural causes?  Why didn't the early churches band together and defend their members?  Didn't they understand the self defense that is being promoted here?  These are not just argumentative questions, I really do think on these and wonder.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Well, there you go! An excellent example of a weapon used in scripture, by a man after God's heart!  Though, didn't David say his battle with Goliath was for a different purpose?  Did he say it was to defend property?

Another question I have, are we to become more and more like David, or Someone else?

You are just picking the Goliath side of that.  We were talking about defending his sheep, I just wanted people to know how lethal his weapon was

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, hmbld said:

Keep in mind that it was "Someone else"  that empowered David to kill Goliath.   David didn't do it on his own.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, hmbld said:

Shiloh, I came here a few years ago, just a babe, and wondered why all the senior members, those exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit in nearly every post, ALWAYS refused to answer the "what if" questions.  I wondered why for a long time.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I even thought I remembered you refusing to answer the "what if" questions.  I've gotten a little carried away from time to time, but my real interest in this thread, is the promotion of weapons justified by a few verses that some have added their own value to, claiming it is proven, but really it is just their opinion.  I just bought a basic .223 to keep my great Pyrenese from getting killed by the coyote problem we are having here, many neighbors dogs have been attacked, and I fear losing my dog, Sam.  He has done an excellent job in his two years, haven't lost a single chicken, or baby pig that I have in the woods, or goat in the pasture.  Sam even played with the turkey, yet never harmed him.  But all the same, I can hear such a large pack of coyotes 100 yards from my house at night, I'm afraid they will lure him out and gang up on him.  Discussing scripture will indeed be personal, yet we have to be careful not to add opinion such as Jesus used a bunch of reeds to move oxen so therefore He expects me to use weapons intended to kill against other people.  I'm not saying to not defend oneself, I'm saying reeds to move oxen do not equal killing people.  

I don't see that as  "what if" question.    Most men would immediately, without hesitation, affirm that they would fight to the death to defend their wives and kids from a human attacker. No one else seems to have a problem with giving a straight answer to a straightforward question.   I fail to see why you can't do the same.

You still didn't answer whether or not self-defense violates Scripture.

4 hours ago, hmbld said:

Lets just say IF you are all that HOT to make YOUR Family into fodder for thugs , then do it. Just don't try to force your error on the rest of us.

4 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Hmnmmmm, if we have no Godly responsibility to bear arms in defense of our Community no wall would be needed.