IGNORED

Meeting Famous Figures in the Afterlife

Your response worries ethrayn, mysticism whether it calls itself "Christian"  is always dangerous , it is delusion, it is a trap a trick of satan to deceive and spread confusion over the person like a sticky spider web. In contemplation and meditation they are lulled into spiritual haze mixing truth and falsehoods. 2Cor10:5  Stay in the Word of God and the Word of God only no mixing of pagan religions with the Truth.  

Davida:

I do appreciate your concern, brother in Christ, but I do not have pagan religions mixed in with my beliefs.  What I have received from the Lord with his constancy is so vast, that I simply could not deny it.  The traditional means that we have been taught in the church are the most safe and thoroughly tested throughout time, and I would recommend this for most individuals, though I would never want to lose what I have been given.

The descendants of Ishmael are no longer around.  The Midianites or Ishmaelites as they were called, are no longer a people.    Islam was started in the 5th century AD.   Ishmael was some 4,000 years before Christ.  There is no connection between the two.

As much as I have enjoyed our discussion, I don't want to overly defend Islam rhetoric (another flaw I have is sometimes jumping to others' defense), but I don't want to mislead others into thinking I am not a Christian and a supporter of Islamic principles over Christian beliefs.

If  one is 'hearing in their mind' they should find out who is speaking.  If it's not Scriptural, it's not God. 

MorningGlory,

Completely agreed.  But what I have experienced has been so entirely scriptural that there has been no room for doubt in my mind, and I have asked God for His protection against any evil forces, since my mind is so fragile, and He has given it steadfastly.

Edited by ethrayn

ethrayn,  it is great that you are sincerely seeking God and describe yourself as returned to Christianity , please make certain you don't confuse a pagan deity for the Most High God , Yahweh of the Judeo-Christian Bible who sent HIS son Christ Jesus into the world to die for sinners, that all who would repent and believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that God raised Jesus from the dead would be saved.  Romans 10:9

muslims are taught Jesus was not the son of God, was not crucified,  and that he was a muslim and he is coming back to declare that and to kill all non-believers in Islam.  That doesn't sound all warm and fuzzy to me.  It is blaspheming the Almighty LORD God , Yahweh, and His son , Lord Jesus Christ. This is not compatible with scripture.

It’s definitely not all warm and fuzzy—some of Islam can be quite brutal, and I really do not like violence.  Also agreed that Yahweh sent His one and only beloved Son to die for our sins, and Christ set a loving example for us on how to behave as Christians (and got in the trenches by experiencing severe suffering for us and definitely walking the walk).  I do appreciate all of you trying to set me straight, and you are doing it in such a kind way as well.

When a fellow believer counsels you it's because they care about you and your salvation, ethrayne.  You come across as very intelligent and I have hope that you are going to get where you need to be.  I continue to pray for you. 

Thank you.  I am honored and thankful to you and to all of the others who have corrected me and devotedly shown their allegiance to Christ, jumping to His defense.

Edited by ethrayn

“‘See now that I, even I, am he,

and there is no god beside me;

I kill and I make alive;

I wound and I heal;

and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Love this.

if I sharpen my flashing sword

and my hand takes hold on judgment,

I will take vengeance on my adversaries

and will repay those who hate me.

I will make my arrows drunk with blood,

and my sword shall devour flesh—

with the blood of the slain and the captives,

from the long-haired heads of the enemy.’

And I love these passages above.

Ethrayne

We can only come to God and know him through "His Word"

Not Muhummads Word or anyone else's word, but God's own Word.

And God provided us with a place to find his Word so that we don't have to search all over the place,

and that place is called "the holy scriptures". 

Sister,
Well, one flaw that I have is I like to look at things from different perspectives and angles, especially characters and personas.  In my initial zeal, I wanted more and more of God the Father, looking at Him through the lens of Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, and ancient ways (such as those the monks and hermits used to worship Him long ago).  Still, I am a Christian, however.

In the past, God spoke through his prophets, and his words were recorded into separate scrolls and read out to the people, but this was for the Hebrews only.

Now God wants his Word to be shared to the gentiles also, so he orchestrated a way for his Word (old and new testaments) to be put all into the one book so that we can find him easy, and that book is called The Holy Bible.

Yes, I like how we are permitted to study God as He was to the Jews, then also to the Gentiles.  I believe there was a transition that was hard for the Jews to adjust to seeing themselves as God’s chosen, special ones, and then having to then accept and believe in the Messiah (Christ) as the new, improved way.

Having the two books together we can see them side by side how they harmonise and speak the same language.  We can see so clearly that the author is the same throughout for both books testify of one an another. 

Very true.

The prophets in this book are chosen and mentioned by God himself, because his Word declared it.  The prophets do not contradict each other but confirm one another, because their message is all in the same style and purpose.

When God draws us, he draws us to this book the Holy Bible, for this is the only book in the world where he has placed his Word for us to find him.

Any other book or prophet's teachings not contained in this book has not been sent by God, for he does not leave his word all over the place, but in the one spot.

By having his Word in the one place, we can compare scriptures and see a picture emerging.

This book is our only source, and everything else should be compared to this.

If another prophet does not speak along the same lines, then he doesn't belong.

It may not be easy to pick up at first, but in time, if you really study, you can spot the differences so easy.

The prophets of the Bible all show me God’s nature so clearly.  I agree that Muhammed, for example, has a different way than Isaiah and Jeremiah (some of my most treasured books)—I feel Muhammed’s ego too strongly (and disagree with him, as well), rather than seeing God shine through.

God bless you in your quest for the truth.

Thank you very much, and God bless you, as well.

Edited by ethrayn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

The prophets of the Bible all show me God’s nature so clearly.  I agree that Muhammed, for example, has a different way than Isaiah and Jeremiah (some of my most treasured books)—I feel Muhammed’s ego too strongly (and disagree with him, as well), rather than seeing God shine through.

Muhammed (or Mohammad) was a false prophet and an enemy of the Gospel.  One cannot discuss him in the same breath as the OT prophets.  Even Balaam would only prophesy what God told him to prophesy.  But the Koran is an attack on the Bible and the Gospels.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What non-Biblical religious figure would you most like to meet if you could talk to him or her and ask questions in the afterlife? 

I would most like to meet Rumi.

None. In the limo business in Southern California I met and drove plenty of them. Most are nice and all. But the ga ga feeling over their fame wore off quickly. And in the end, it was all about whether they could find their wallet or not (same as with any other customer). Generally speaking it was the financiers who came through the most with the tips (especially after office hours). And in heaven there will be the true cashless society. So to answer the OP: no one famous. I'm good.

Jesus is in my heart (as he is omnipresently is all believer's hearts), and any face to face meets in heaven will be during official functions (when we are presented to God for pass and review so to speak and to worship him)...if there will be a personal audience with Jesus... THAT'S who I want to meet in person, worship, talk with, tell him I love him and I'm so sorry. And so happy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

I can relate to that, John D, having met dozens of officials and famous people through working with Hotels. I don't know why, but I felt pity for them, and prayed that they would be converted when I met them. Some did, but I don't hope to meet any of them in heaven, because they probably won't want fame then anyway.

I could say who I think will be there, but I'm famous for being mistaken.