xyluz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Nope, I mean he is the judge and he and he alone decides who is going to be with him throughout eternity.  If you hear of him and follow his directions you can be assured of salvation......   but in the end it is he that decides what's in your heart, and if you maintain a bad spirit (living a life of willful sin) nothing you do can change what he will do with you.....

I don't agree... each person is responsible for his heart... except you can support your claim with scripture...

I didn't say any different, but only he knows your heart......   there is no way for me to know if you are a good person or a rat, for it's possible to hide that well......    I know some people who think they are good people but sin all the time willingly.....    And Jesus tells us that they will not enter into heaven with him and that he never knew them.   Jesus doesn't make your heart good or bad, but does know well what is really there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

But the bible clearly states, you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart...

There is no alternative... or is there?

Sure there are alternatives.  Let's say a person has a speech impediment.  He gets saved. He writes down his testimony and asks the person baptizing him to read it out aloud, so that all will hear what he has confessed with his "mouth". And generally a public confession or profession is most suitable and necessary at the time of baptism. 

Say a person is blind, but can speak. They can articulate their confession without any issues.

Say a person is deaf. They can still read and write, and ask someone to read their confession.

Believing in the heart -- genuine faith -- is just as important.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

but in the end it is he that decides what's in your heart,.

I don't agree... each person is responsible for his heart... except you can support your claim with scripture...

I didn't say any different, but only he knows your heart......   there is no way for me to know if you are a good person or a rat, for it's possible to hide that well......    I know some people who think they are good people but sin all the time willingly.....    And Jesus tells us that they will not enter into heaven with him and that he never knew them.   Jesus doesn't make your heart good or bad, but does know well what is really there.

hmm

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

but in the end it is he that decides what's in your heart,.

hmm

What do you think it takes for a person to be saved and go to heaven?

But the bible clearly states, you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart...

Sure there are alternatives.  Let's say a person has a speech impediment.  He gets saved. He writes down his testimony and asks the person baptizing him to read it out aloud, so that all will hear what he has confessed with his "mouth". And generally a public confession or profession is most suitable and necessary at the time of baptism. 

Say a person is blind, but can speak. They can articulate their confession without any issues.

Say a person is deaf. They can still read and write, and ask someone to read their confession.

Believing in the heart -- genuine faith -- is just as important.

:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

Seyi---

It is somewhat disappointing that you would feel so strongly about this, but I would like to offer some thoughts.

If God sees the heart (1 Sam 16:7), then it shouldn't matter if the person can verbally speak or not. Salvation comes through faith, and that is in our heart/mind. If an individual was say- tortured and gagged, unable to speak but accepted Christ before death.... would that be an illegitimate salvation? I don't think so!!.

So as far as the issue of a hearing impaired or mute individual- God is all knowing. He definitely created that individual with that specific difficulty. An individual who is speaking in sign language and is deaf, IS speaking with his mouth in the only way he/she knows how.I can't wrap my brain around this narrow minded view. You seem to be saying that an individual who is unable to speak verbally can't be saved, which is just denying the very loving nature of Christ and what he did for us on the cross.

Somebody on a vent can not speak. Does this mean they can't accept Christ on their death bed? The Bible tells us that God is not willing for ANY to perish, and that Salvation is freely given to all. It seems to me you are looking at the literal wording of the verse. This isn't taking into account the spirit of the verse, which I believe is saying that when you are saved- you must make some type of public confession. Whether this is writing it in clouds, signing language, or speaking- I think they are all legit ways to do so. Everyone can communicate somehow (shaking  a head ""yes"" for example), or writing it down.

To judge that others can't be saved is encroaching on very dangerous territory.

Seyi---

It is somewhat disappointing that you would feel so strongly about this, but I would like to offer some thoughts.

If God sees the heart (1 Sam 16:7), then it shouldn't matter if the person can verbally speak or not. Salvation comes through faith, and that is in our heart/mind. If an individual was say- tortured and gagged, unable to speak but accepted Christ before death.... would that be an illegitimate salvation? I don't think so!!.

So as far as the issue of a hearing impaired or mute individual- God is all knowing. He definitely created that individual with that specific difficulty. An individual who is speaking in sign language and is deaf, IS speaking with his mouth in the only way he/she knows how.I can't wrap my brain around this narrow minded view. You seem to be saying that an individual who is unable to speak verbally can't be saved, which is just denying the very loving nature of Christ and what he did for us on the cross.

Somebody on a vent can not speak. Does this mean they can't accept Christ on their death bed? The Bible tells us that God is not willing for ANY to perish, and that Salvation is freely given to all. It seems to me you are looking at the literal wording of the verse. This isn't taking into account the spirit of the verse, which I believe is saying that when you are saved- you must make some type of public confession. Whether this is writing it in clouds, signing language, or speaking- I think they are all legit ways to do so. Everyone can communicate somehow (shaking  a head ""yes"" for example), or writing it down.

To judge that others can't be saved is encroaching on very dangerous territory.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend... i am allowed to disappoint you... lol... i'm only human. :D

I don't know where you got the idea of how "strongly" i feel about this, i clearly stated it was a question, and asked for people's opinion.. and so far, i have learned so much...

In any case, thank you for explaining... :)

Thanks to everyone that offered an answer and explanation.

If my question offended anyone, or sounded like some sort of insult to anyone... i sincerely apologize...

My questions, including this one, are born out of curiosity and a hunger to learn...

:)

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Is there any scripture that actually supports that claim that they will get free pass to heaven?

Psalms 103:6   The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

Psalms 12:5   For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

Psalms 72:13   He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.

Psalms 82:3   Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Exodus 4:11   And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Hi xyluz,

"Hearing" the truth can come in many forms.

"Believing" is from the heart.

I know what the text says. If I am wrong, then I will be judged by God as such my friend. 

As for " exemption " or " free pass ", we all have that! By God's grace, our faith, and the sacrifice of our savior Jesus.