Jerry1023

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

We all answer for the truth that comes to us that we accept or reject... What God had written down in Hebrew
must agree with what he has written down elsewhere in Hebrew else God is divided. We know that is not the
case! You have dismissed the reasoning above to satisfy you own demands of what truth is... I believe it is
skewed from what God teaches us about Himself. He has and never will have part with evil period! He did
curse the world for the sin that occurred and this is what God is speaking of here...
Love, Steven 

Steven

But man is corrupting everything.  Even the original Hebrew.  The spirit of anti-christ is hard at work.  Didn't Jesus say that wolves would come in?  The wolves come in for the sheep by mingling with them.

God is not evil nor does evil dwell with him, he makes this clear.  What many misunderstand is that God made everything that exists.  He made Satan didn't he?  Do you think that Satan turned evil by chance?  No it was all in God's plan.  He knew in the beginning what he was doing.

So just because God declared that he created evil, does not mean that he is telling us he is evil.  He just created evil as a tool like I explained above. God created the wind, is he the wind? No.  He created the stars, is he the stars? No.  Everything he creates is for a purpose and is not him, for he is the designer of how everything will knit together.

Does what I explained not make sense?  Can you not see that there has to be resistance, that it has to be created first in order to exist?  When we understand this, we will not get offended at his Word.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Steven,

Was that for me ? I wasn't aware that I have "dismissed the reasoning above to satisfy you own demands of what truth is."

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

No that was for me.   That's why it's good to use peoples names when replying.  It's also polite. Your name is long though, I was trying to shorten it but got stuck!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Sister,

Hmm, I see the predicament! ;)

Any part would work ( except "good" ).

Names?

Taken?

Goofy?

I do hold to the scripture that God created everything ( if not then who else is a creator ? ), but with creation comes concepts and distortion of that creation ( due to free will mostly I suppose ). 

Without contrast, there is no comparison. Without rules, there is no transgression.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well after all is said and done, I do believe that God created evil for us to learn how to deal with it. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We all answer for the truth that comes to us that we accept or reject... What God had written down in Hebrew
must agree with what he has written down elsewhere in Hebrew else God is divided. We know that is not the
case! You have dismissed the reasoning above to satisfy you own demands of what truth is... I believe it is
skewed from what God teaches us about Himself. He has and never will have part with evil period! He did
curse the world for the sin that occurred and this is what God is speaking of here...
Love, Steven 

Steven

But man is corrupting everything.  Even the original Hebrew.  The spirit of anti-christ is hard at work.  Didn't Jesus say that wolves would come in?  The wolves come in for the sheep by mingling with them.

God is not evil nor does evil dwell with him, he makes this clear.  What many misunderstand is that God made everything that exists.  He made Satan didn't he?  Do you think that Satan turned evil by chance?  No it was all in God's plan.  He knew in the beginning what he was doing.

So just because God declared that he created evil, does not mean that he is telling us he is evil.  He just created evil as a tool like I explained above. God created the wind, is he the wind? No.  He created the stars, is he the stars? No.  Everything he creates is for a purpose and is not him, for he is the designer of how everything will knit together.

Does what I explained not make sense?  Can you not see that there has to be resistance, that it has to be created first in order to exist?  When we understand this, we will not get offended at his Word.

evil is not corporeal as you suggest it is a spiritual essence in the morality category.
Listen God's creation reflects on the character and being of God:

Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood
by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

so if God created the evil as you are purporting then they would have excuse? After all their just
following after what God made...

God witness of His creation:
Gen 2:1-3
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.  2 And on the seventh day
God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which
he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested
from all his work which God created and made.
KJV

within this statement of God all that He had made He sanctified... are you suggesting evil is sanctified?
Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yes, contrast. Light, darkness, etc. 

Just as darkness is the absence of light, and not something that is "created" per se, it exists. Evil is the absence of God.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Col 1:16

That is the best interpretation I've seen...ever! 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Did God create evil?"

Answer: 
At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, “Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

As finite human beings, we can never fully understand an infinite God (Romans 11:33-34). Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought. God looks at things from a holy, eternal perspective. We look at things from a sinful, earthly, and temporal perspective. Why did God put man on earth knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and therefore bring evil, death, and suffering on all mankind? Why didn’t He just create us all and leave us in heaven where we would be perfect and without suffering? These questions cannot be adequately answered this side of eternity. What we can know is whatever God does is holy and perfect and ultimately will glorify Him. God allowed for the possibility of evil in order to give us a true choice in regards to whether we worship Him. God did not create evil, but He allowed it. If He had not allowed evil, we would be worshipping Him out of obligation, not by a choice of our own will.

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html

Edited by bopeep1909

Steven,

Was that for me ? I wasn't aware that I have "dismissed the reasoning above to satisfy you own demands of what truth is."

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

No that was for me.   That's why it's good to use peoples names when replying.  It's also polite. Your name is long though, I was trying to shorten it but got stuck!

I try to improve my politeness :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Steven,

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

I try to improve my politeness :thumbsup:

LOL! We could all do that at times !

Yes, contrast. Light, darkness, etc. 

Just as darkness is the absence of light, and not something that is "created" per se, it exists. Evil is the absence of God.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Col 1:16

That is the best interpretation I've seen...ever! 

God did create the darkness:
Isa 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

The very verse we are trying to discern God's Word here :)