LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

I am a stay at home mom. Since school has started people keep asking me what I do all day. As if I am doing nothing but setting around watching soaps on tv and eating ice cream. Is it really anyone's business what I do all day? Why do I have to justify being a stay at home mom to people? I don't know I just feel annoyed about it. It is as if they are saying being a stay at home mom is the same as being a lazy bum. Maybe I am overly sensitive. But I don't hear them asking people with jobs outside the home what they do all day. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Just tell them you are being a virtuous woman that God mention in Proverbs 31:10-31.  At least in my opinion any woman that stay at home to bring up her children so as they can be honoring to God is such a virtuous woman. 

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  2

Being a mom of four and currently at home, I certainly understand the work that goes into it.  In my opinion, taking care of your children and household is one of the hardest jobs there is. (and most rewarding).

Obviously,  the individuals that ask you that, do not have children. :rolleyes:

And besides, like you said....

Whose business is it anyway??!!??

Blessings to you,  LadyKay. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

I am a stay at home mom. Since school has started people keep asking me what I do all day. As if I am doing nothing but setting around watching soaps on tv and eating ice cream. Is it really anyone's business what I do all day? Why do I have to justify being a stay at home mom to people? I don't know I just feel annoyed about it. It is as if they are saying being a stay at home mom is the same as being a lazy bum. Maybe I am overly sensitive. But I don't hear them asking people with jobs outside the home what they do all day. 

None of my business, but I do know it's a full time job and the payoff is of great value.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

I have been a stay at home mom with kids and I have worked outside the home.I think most women will tell you who have done both that it is a lot harder to be a stay at home mom.The only problem is that working moms kept trying to get me to take their kids after school.Being a stay at home mom is not for the weak..let me tell you.

Note from a stay at home dad

1556c20197b6492ea91b9f388940d3d4.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Wait and see how your kids turn out and how theirs......   I think that will be the difference you will notice in the end.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Wait and see how your kids turn out and how theirs......   I think that will be the difference you will notice in the end.

It's not that cut and dried, O.O.  I have worked most of  my life as I raised three kids, pretty much on my own, and they have all turned out fine.  As for stay at home mothers, they work harder than most people do in a job.  I know; I've been there too.  And let's not leave out stay at home DADS because there are plenty of them now too. 

I agree with Morning.Sometimes it does not turn out like you think.I have known parents who you would think came right out of Ozzie and Harriet and one or more of the children have gone astray.I have known parents who were a nightmare and one or more of the kids are ok.But a huge majority of the kids learn by a family influence.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Even if you do eat ice cream band watch TV its not their business... With that said they may not mean it bad they may just be trying to make small talk...