IGNORED

And the 'Stupidest Company of the Year' Award goes to.....Frito Lay!

MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I have not seen those at the store I work at. Our store is small and I hope there won't be enough room for them. So sad I really love those ranch doritos

Edited by tigger398

Guest AFlameOfFire

I called the idea retarded not a person, the OP called the company stupid and retarded is synonymous with retarded

She also called the whole idea lame (to which I agreed) and no one said a word because you are being hypocrital and making a person an offender for a word.

And I am disabled person (meaning I am lame) and I certainly wasnt offended by the OP's use of the word lame because I know she was talking about making fun of the literally lame (disabled) its common sense. Its ll the political correct bs is what it is.

The pharisees seemed to be easily offended and the scripture shows there are those who will make you an offender for a word, I just agreed with the scripture posted. Use full verses.

It also states that in many things we offend all but only those who are perfect offend not in word, so I believe its really my own imperfection which is  problematic where you wish to make me an offender for a word (which is a thing of nought) especially being made aware that I am disabled and took no offense because I am not that slow (or stupid) or retarded.

Its amusing to watch people make a stink over a word that was used commonly in my day without offense who have this leaven of pc in them when it is clear I spoke it in this contect to an idea (and not a person) and yet in your hypocricy overpass the word lame (which I am, and physically so) and could take up an offense (even though I have half a brain to know better) while folks pick on my word over an idea.

That reprobate

(I like that word)

I agree with most of that, FOF.   When I used the word 'lame' it was in the context of the idea being weak.  Calling an idea 'retarded' isn't the same as calling a person that.  A retarded Idea is one that is poorly thought out and short on substance.  Getting hung up on semantics plays into the P.C. blight that is affecting the country today.  If words are not aimed as slurs against an individual, then good grief, find something substantive to get offended over.  Btw, Flame, you don't come across as disabled at all; the brain is firing on all cylinders, sister.  ;)

Hey thanks!  I wasnt about to make you an offender for a word, your post was right on whether one of your words could apply to me in a whole different way or not, I am not sitting here thinking what sort of evil can I put on you for my own amusement or to make myself look more morally upstanding over a word at your expense (when I know exactly what you meant). Its manipulative is what it is

Yeah, all this politically correctness drives me nuts. It will probably make it in through those who worship at the altar of it.

To quote one famous retarded boy who was called stupid (since that is what it is) "Stupid is as stupid does" So its the stupidest company working out the most retarded ideas, I am certainly not going to call it the wisdom of God.

In our day people just knew what you meant. God bless

Guest AFlameOfFire

A black person calling a black person the "N" word is not the same as a white person doing it, either. I'm not trying to be P.C., I'm just trying to bring a little sensitivity to a comment that was unnecessary. People don't get offended with the term "lame" (I didn't even notice that the term was used), but they may at the word "retarded." Just because you aren't, please don't attack me because it struck a nerve. If you read my post, I was even apologetic about even saying something, not wanting to offend. If I cause you to want to defend your words, than I guess you may feel that I just may be right. And not "P.C." This ends my participation in this silly conversation, AFlameOfFire.

Ever look up starting your sentence with no offense?

Take a look at the most popular LOL

no offense quotes.png

See that bottom one LOL!

That black person using the N word (example) makes no sense because I didnt use a contemptuous word used specifically for a race of people against a person according to the same when I was called an overall idea itself retarded (which is stupid). That example isnt even compareable.

But If I used your reasoning, it seems I would need to be a retard to call someone else a retard in order to get away with it And if that is so then I should be fine then to do (what I did not) per that example.

And  even if not (in any literal sense of the word) I also call some of  my own ideas retarded.  So having some of my own retarded ideas should count for something in that equation.

I always call some of my own ideas lame brained and retarded and have done so many a time. And I have never ran into anyone (in my day) or these days  who has ever raised any protest to my use of the word retard which in this case was directed at a particular idea (and not a person) for which you wish to make me an offender. This is a first, so I can only attribute it to this PC mentally that is rampant. 

Although I have even called people retarded too without much protest, because stupid is as stupid does, and there wasnt too much room for argument when I did, but I am almost a half a century years old and now have someone taking my word to an idea and grandstanding on it?

What is left for me to say? That if you see that idea I called retarded could you tell it I am sorry I offended it for calling it stupid using a synonymous word to the same?

People apparently do get offended if  people are looking for a non offensive synonym for lame

lame.png

You left no room for being offensive on the one word while hanging me on another

Thanks!

Although the better argument should be that the word lame shouldnt be taken offense to because its in scripture,

Just as the lame, the blind, the deaf, and the dumb are used in scripture.

Even though its not "politically correct" now (or has not been for sometime) to call someone who cannot speak "dumb" because it has these "negative connotations" which society put on them (not God) but they might change Gods wording to make His less offensive (to them) because of ourselves. So it is a big offense fest where God is apparently guilty too at times. Just this week someone (given a scripture) accused God of being repressive to women so that doesnt surprise me.

There are other R words like Reject Or  Reprobate, the later feel rather stronghanded, even for me, but I am willing to take up that.

Afterall reprobate (even reprobate mind) pertains to their spiritual corrupted state, whereas retarded (when it pertains to the mind) is more of an innocent genetic defect (when applied to a person). I felt the later (even as it pertains to an idea) was a tad lighter handed (and brings a little innocence into the equation).

No offense taken really I was neither offended or making anyone an offender for a word, only the perfect man offends not in word and I make no claims of perfection, only pressing forward towards the same with good people like yourself who appologize before going into my offenses.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

A black person calling a black person the "N" word is not the same as a white person doing it, either. I'm not trying to be P.C., I'm just trying to bring a little sensitivity to a comment that was unnecessary. People don't get offended with the term "lame" (I didn't even notice that the term was used), but they may at the word "retarded." Just because you aren't, please don't attack me because it struck a nerve. If you read my post, I was even apologetic about even saying something, not wanting to offend. If I cause you to want to defend your words, than I guess you may feel that I just may be right. And not "P.C." This ends my participation in this silly conversation, AFlameOfFire.

no offense quotes.png

See that bottom one LOL!

That black person using the N word (example) makes no sense because I didnt use a contemptuous word used specifically for a race of people against a person according to the same when I was called an overall idea itself retarded (which is stupid). That example isnt even compareable.

But If I used your reasoning, it seems I would need to be a retard to call someone else a retard in order to get away with it And if that is so then I should be fine then to do (what I did not) per that example.

And  even if not (in any literal sense of the word) I also call some of  my own ideas retarded.  So having some of my own retarded ideas should count for something in that equation.

I always call some of my own ideas lame brained and retarded and have done so many a time. And I have never ran into anyone (in my day) or these days  who has ever raised any protest to my use of the word retard which in this case was directed at a particular idea (and not a person) for which you wish to make me an offender. This is a first, so I can only attribute it to this PC mentally that is rampant. 

Although I have even called people retarded too without much protest, because stupid is as stupid does, and there wasnt too much room for argument when I did, but I am almost a half a century years old and now have someone taking my word to an idea and grandstanding on it?

What is left for me to say? That if you see that idea I called retarded could you tell it I am sorry I offended it for calling it stupid using a synonymous word to the same?

People apparently do get offended if  people are looking for a non offensive synonym for lame

lame.png

You left no room for being offensive on the one word while hanging me on another

Thanks!

Although the better argument should be that the word lame shouldnt be taken offense to because its in scripture,

Even though its not "politically correct" now (or has not been for sometime) to call someone who cannot speak "dumb" because it has these "negative connotations" which society put on them (not God) but they might change Gods wording to make His less offensive (to them) because of ourselves. So it is a big offense fest where God is apparently guilty too at times. Just this week someone (given a scripture) accused God of being repressive to women so that doesnt surprise me.

There are other R words like Reject Or  Reprobate, the later feel rather stronghanded, even for me, but I am willing to take up that.

Afterall reprobate (even reprobate mind) pertains to their spiritual corrupted state, whereas retarded (when it pertains to the mind) is more of an innocent genetic defect (when applied to a person). I felt the later (even as it pertains to an idea) was a tad lighter handed (and brings a little innocence into the equation).

No offense taken really I was neither offended or making anyone an offender for a word, only the perfect man offends not in word and I make no claims of perfection, only pressing forward towards the same with good people like yourself who appologize before going into my offenses.

Hmmm.....I guess I have to agree.  I have been known to call people exactly what I believe them to be and then let the fallout happen.  I would never criticize someone for their weight, height, race, religion, looks or intelligence simply to be mean. But if I consider you to be a heretic, a liar, dishonest or a trouble maker I will say exactly those words and I don't care who is offended. When talking about ideas or concepts though.....it's not the same thing as talking about people.  I posted a meme a while back that said "2015" the year America was offended by EVERYTHING."  And here is more proof.

Guest AFlameOfFire

no offense quotes.png

See that bottom one LOL!

lame.png

Thanks!

Hmmm.....I guess I have to agree.  I have been known to call people exactly what I believe them to be and then let the fallout happen.  I would never criticize someone for their weight, height, race, religion, looks or intelligence simply to be mean. But if I consider you to be a heretic, a liar, dishonest or a trouble maker I will say exactly those words and I don't care who is offended. When talking about ideas or concepts though.....it's not the same thing as talking about people.  I posted a meme a while back that said "2015" the year America was offended by EVERYTHING."  And here is more proof.

In otherwords

Image result for no offense but

[biggrin_girl]LOL! 

(I hear ya)

ahh little girl.png

Lighten up folks LOL!

(She is just too adorable) had to post her.

I sort of want to use her for my avatar LOL!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

I have to laugh.  Or else I'll scream!  Are companies so delusional these days that they think less than 1% of the population is a big marketing demographic?  I am SO sick of the gay agenda.  And judging from the comments section, I'm not alone. :huh:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/taste-the-rainbow-doritos-to-launch-pride-129278336241.html

Their betting on all those who support the agenda.

Maybe.  But the support is slipping.  And I don't see ANYBODY being stupid enough to pay ten dollars a bag and then where are you going to eat them without embarrassing yourself?   I've seen doorknobs that were smarter than some of these people!  Arrrggghhh!  (Sorry, I was having a melt down there for a minute.)  :blink:

Later that day a conversation was began by enoob
2_7.jpg

lol

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Not so much upset as EXASPERATED!  Most of us don't care about the gay agenda, don't want to read about it, don't want to see the gay and transgender 'stars' every time we turn on the t.v. or read the news......it's just getting on my last nerve and I am tempted to start an online backlash site.  It's getting that bad here in the U.S.  What about over there, xyluz?  Isn't Nigeria like half muslim?  I know they don't go for that stuff. 

Yes, Nigeria is like half Muslim half Christian, there are other religion, but majorly, Islam and Christianity rules.

and no, Muslims will not agree to such indecent acts...

in fact, with them, everyone involved should be killed immediately.. lol, they have no time for grace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective

1. datedoffensive
    less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
    • informaloffensive
      very foolish or stupid

There are other more intelligent words that can be used.
      My son is disabled and he would have his feeling hurt no matter how that word was used.

but the word perfectly describes the subject here.  You can't just ban words from our language or sooner or later we may well PC ourselves back to grunting to communicate.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

ok, i have to ask... what does PC mean?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100