yourlocalbutcher

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i was raised a christian. i went to church every sunday tell i was 14, and then lost my way.now i am 24, some of my friends are christians. they talk to me about god and i would really like to be a believer, but some thing i read or hear about the bible seem far fetched. and well rather impossible. not only that but there are some many takes on christianity, which one is right.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Hello Yourlocalbutcher, and welcome to Worthy.

3)  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.   4)  And that He was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.   I Corinthians 15:3-4

The above passage of scripture tells us that Christ died for our sins, He did this because we are all sinners, Romans 3:23, and as sinners God requires our death for He is Holy, Romans 5:12.  But we are given the gift of grace thru Christ Jesus, that is Jesus Christ is the only Human who never sin, yet He allow Himself to died that all us sinners might have eternal life thru Him:  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Romans 6:23   So that all one needs to do to have eternal life is accept this gift by acknowledging we are sinners, and confess with our mouth and believe in our hearts that Jesus not only died for our sins but also rose from the dead, Romans 10:9-10.

To do this all one hath to do is pray Heavenly Father, I come to you a sinner, knowing that Your Son Jesus Christ died for my sins and asked You, to forgive me in Jesus' name for my sins and His gift of grace, while believing this in your heart and God will give you eternal life.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

0nly

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

God

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:26-27

Saves

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalms 116:12-13

~

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i was raised a christian. i went to church every sunday tell i was 14, and then lost my way.now i am 24, some of my friends are christians. they talk to me about god and i would really like to be a believer, but some thing i read or hear about the bible seem far fetched. and well rather impossible. not only that but there are some many takes on christianity, which one is right.

I believe only the Holy Spirit actually can do that.....

I have to ask you if you have read the entire Bible....   That is how you get introduced to God and how to develop a relationship with him.

As you read the whole thing and see how it all fits together, it really becomes much less far fetched.   And I have to say that it can seem far fetched unless you understand the whole thing....   

As for the takes on Christianity, you need to have a good understanding of the whole book and decide that for yourself.    We could debate which one is right for a very long time......    it's been going on for way over 2,000 years.    Read often and pray for the wisdom to understand what you are reading.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Praying for you , that you will be led to the right path , you will learn so much from the people on the Worthy forums .

God bless you 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

thank you all for your replys. you all have helped so much :)

Guest shiloh357

No one here can make you a believer.  I would not worry about what denomination to join at this point, either.     There is only way to become a believer and it has nothing to do with denominations.

1.  The first thing you must do, is to realize that you are a sinner (Rom. 3:23).  All of us have sinned. None of us, are born in right standing with God (Romans 3:10) None of us are righteous in God's sight, apart from Jesus.   A sinner is one who is in rebellion against the Lord.  All of us have violated God's laws and are born in a state of sinfulness.  This has separated us from God.  There is a rift between us and God, created by our sin that we cannot repair.   So the first step is acknowledging God's assessment of our situation.

2.  The second thing we need to do is repent of our sin and ask Jesus for forgiveness.  To repent means more than simply being sorry.  To Repent means to stop, turn around, and go in the opposite direction.  It means that we not only confess our sin and ask for forgiveness, but that we make a decision to go the other way, to be willing to be obedient.

3.  The third step is to realize that God loves you and has made a way salvation for you through His Son Jesus.   God forgives us ONLY on the basis of Jesus and His death on the cross.   Jesus is God the Father's solution to our sin and He loved us enough to send Jesus because he doesn't want us to perish  (John 3:16).   God wants us to have eternal life, His very life living within us.   It is a free gift  (Romans. 6:23).   It is not something we can earn or ever be good enough to deserve.  It is His gift given freely out of the riches of His grace toward us.

4.  All that is left is to humbly and obediently ask Jesus to be your Savior and Lord and mean it from the heart.  There is no scripted prayer.  Simply tell him that you acknowledge that you a sinner, and that you need Him.   Tell Him that you repent of your sins and ask Him to come into your heart and save you.   He has promised that He will save anyone who comes to Him.  If you mean it from your heart, you will be saved  (Romans 10:9-10, 13).

It really isn't that hard at all.  That's the most important part.   You don't have to belong to a particular denomination and you don't have to be physically in a church to pray that prayer.  You can be anywhere.   All that matters at THIS point is that you pray and that you mean it from the heart.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

As Other One said, the first thing you must do is ask God to open your eyes to His truth, read the Bible and not worry about a church yet. Believe in Jesus and His redeeming act of forgiveness for your sins. He died so you could be free from the guilt of your sins..covered by His blood. Reading the Bible will introduce you to Jesus..no one can or will love you more than He.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There is only one  "take on Christianity" and that is the only way you are going to get to Heaven or have a relationship with God is through Jesus.  The Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me" 

The Bible is all truth and there is no such thing as "far fetched"  Jesus said too that you are either with Me or against Me."  You can't have it both ways.  You either believe all God says in His Word or you believe none of it.  No such thing as picking and choosing what you want to believe.

God is waiting for you to decide.  He will welcome you with open Arms if only you are willing to come to Him in total child like faith.

If you have questions you are more the welcome to come into our chat room and one on one questions we would love to have you visit.

Edited by RustyAngeL