IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Yes.  His chosen disciples did at times go and/or speak against His Direction, ((His wishes?-- Did He ever , in eternity, "wish" anything ? )) ... ... 

Is it a surprise  His Own disciples went against Him at times ?   The whole world TODAY goes against His Direction - the world church opposes Him, the churches that go along with the world church oppose Him,  all the other religions oppose Him ...

He asked once, when the son of man returns , will He find faith  on earth ? 

TODAY,  a remnant.  Being all persecuted, possibly growing in some places....  

Tomorrow? who knows ? Will we all be martyred ? ((by the new world order, prevalent world wide TODAY))

On December 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

You tell me brother. Did His chosen disciples ever go against His wishes ? ( I think we both know the answer to that ) . 

I figure you were not asking me, but that brother from Toronto ;)

Not sure who does or does not read my comments, but I keep on keeping on either way !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

When Jesus said that, he has not gone to the Cross yet.

And he has not yet left the earth to descent in the lower parts of the earth.

As a side note, all the people of that time included his disciples believed that the Christ in not going to die. 

As a result of his death, and that was the test they apply, they conclude that he is not the Christ, not only the Jews and their leaders but also his own disciples.

Yes Jesus was right when he said;

"when he returns from the place he had descended,(from the bowels of the earth), Will he find anyone believing that he is the Christ",

Well you know that he did not find anyone, he even had to convince them in various ways, that he is he, and that is written in the scriptures that the Christ had to die first, before he received his glory.

Is it a surprise  His Own disciples went against Him at times ?   The whole world TODAY goes against His Direction - the world church opposes Him, the churches that go along with the world church oppose Him,  all the other religions oppose Him ......

Yet none of those who follow Jesus faithfully ever thought of disobeying Torah, neither Jews nor gentiles.  The devil through the world church destroyed people's obedience and faith in Yahweh's Word.  Instead of "Yahweh says" it is "men say" and men are very eager to serve as men say instead of repent and do as Yahweh says.  Thus,  the one world church / ecumenical without repentance, 'wins' men's souls , to destroy them.

On January 2, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Shar said:

Show me in G-d's word where the apostles did not remain Kosher and did not keep the Judaic laws that were established.  Remember, when Jesus and the Apostles spoke of the scripture and referenced scripture, they were not speaking of the New Testament.   It did not exist.

12 minutes ago, RobertS said:

Pass the bacon please; I'm trying to make a BLT here.

You are not holding a pig in this picture and, Without taking sides, I am not sure why you choose to make that commen.

The propose of this issue is to saw tolerance for those who have decided to not eat pork. And not to provoke them. 

I know a place that has the best bacon and cooks it just before it gets crispy. The fat on it is out of this world, and can quickly nock you out of this world. 

I am not out to get you, but there some people, and are more people that come to the faith from other religious backgrounds where they do not eat pork, and even thought believers now they continioun not to eat pork.

I am addressing only that issue. My wife does not eat pork because she does not want to be resurrected with pigs ears, I know that she means that it is her prerogative not to eat pork and she does not have to give an account for that to no one.

The way you put it, is like mockery, or bulling. 

I imaging a gang of people around an individual, shouting "pass the bacon","pass the bacon". That's what I think anyway. 

God bless, and wellcome.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

Show me in G-d's word where the apostles did not remain Kosher and did not keep the Judaic laws that were established.

That is not the criterion for determining Bible doctrine.  What exactly did the apostles teach and what did they write by Divine inspiration? Scripture is very clear that except for a couple of dietary restriction pertaining to the consumption of blood (Acts 15), the dietary laws of Moses are null and void.  If you doubt this, then please read what the Holy Spirit says EXPRESSLY in 1 Timothy 4:1-6.  What we have today is people who call themselves Christians but want to dispute with the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

276 posts.....   you people could talk a fence post into the ground..

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

That is not the criterion for determining Bible doctrine.  What exactly did the apostles teach and what did they write by Divine inspiration? Scripture is very clear that except for a couple of dietary restriction pertaining to the consumption of blood (Acts 15), the dietary laws of Moses are null and void.  If you doubt this, then please read what the Holy Spirit says EXPRESSLY in 1 Timothy 4:1-6.  What we have today is people who call themselves Christians but want to dispute with the Holy Spirit.

Hi brother, Ezra.

I understand your concern, about the contex of this scripture, and I know how it was given to apostle Paul, and I don't dispute that at all.

This instruction about blood was given to believers who had come out of idolatry. 

We have to rechearch to find out what it ment to the Idolatres, and what they were looking to gain from it when they partake in those rituals and the blessing they were expected to get.

Paul was instructing believers who had been partaking in those rituals as part of their culture for many generations. (a paralell situation for Jewis believers who had been partakers of their own cultural traditions and beliefs).

Paul with this instruction guides the believers who came out if Idolatry to look to Jesus not only as a Savior, but also the one who has and can give them all the blessing the need in this life.

Simply he was telling them, Jesus is all you need. 

And you don't need to adapt any traditions of your fellow Jewis believers. (example, who were  asking them to be sircumsise and or keep the Sabath as a prerequisite to be bless by the Lord Jesus Christ). (and or follow us in what we eat or not).

The test I have apply is that in another instruction Paul is referring to the believers who the Lord have open the way to enter into a gentiles home with an invitation by the host to explain the Gospel to him and his family, (been a resent believer or a seeker), and he honor them with a banquet. 

Paul said; What do you expect to be served for dinner, but meats they use according to their culture, meats offered and bless from the Idols and with blood in it, and or struggle, e.t.

Paul said eat. Don't offent the host, you are there for the Gospel and not to pet your own conscience.

I hope that you understand where I am going with it. 

Even Paul said; I my self eat all kinds of meats.

What do you expect me to do?

When I walk into the market in a Gentile town and I have to give the Gospel to the bucher of that place. 

And thats besides the point, that's why I left it out of the main reasoning.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/5/2015 at 8:47 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christians or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry out  per God ?

does it make  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eat  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

Yes I believe we can eat pork and still be a believer.  God told Peter that everything he created was clean.  Even though I myself have not eaten pork for awhile, nor do I eat much red meat I would love to have a BLT with avocado. I feel sure my place in Heaven is still secure since it does not depend on what I do but about the finished work of the Cross.

Shalom Rusty, 

Not everything.   It just gets going round in circles though here if it's debated.   Best , simplest solution if someone 

is curious anyway is to keep seeking and reading Hebrew/Jewish Christian sites and sources.

simple, 

jeff

--------------------((below is somewhat pertinent left in buffer from a previous time so I left it))------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes.  His chosen disciples did at times go and/or speak against His Direction, ((His wishes?-- Did He ever , in eternity, "wish" anything ? )) ... ... 

Is it a surprise  His Own disciples went against Him at times ?   The whole world TODAY goes against His Direction - the world church opposes Him, the churches that go along with the world church oppose Him,  all the other religions oppose Him ...

TODAY,  a remnant.  Being all persecuted, possibly growing in some places....  

Tomorrow? who knows ? Will we all be martyred ? ((by the new world order, prevalent world wide TODAY))

On December 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

You tell me brother. Did His chosen disciples ever go against His wishes ? ( I think we both know the answer to that ) . 

I figure you were not asking me, but that brother from Toronto ;)

Not sure who does or does not read my comments, but I keep on keeping on either way !