IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

If I am in the thread about " do you believe its ok to eat pork " then I must say bats and rats ARE NOT Pork

On 6/13/2017 at 0:45 PM, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Poor little piggies probably pray to God to save them from us. :PĀ I'm too fond of loaded Italian subs to answer no to this question. Sorry piggies. :(Ā 

Meatball? Yeah baby! Hand it over sistaĀ :24:Ā Ā 

Matthew 15:1110Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, ā€œListen and understand.Ā 11AĀ manĀ is not defiledĀ by whatĀ entersĀ hisĀ mouth,Ā butā€Ā by whatĀ comesĀ out ofĀ it.Ā 12Then the disciples came to Him and said, ā€œAre You aware that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?ā€ā€¦

The Law of Liberty
Romans 14:ā€¦2For one man has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables.Ā 3The one whoĀ eats everythingmust not belittleĀ the one whoĀ does not,Ā andĀ the one whoĀ does not eat everythingĀ must not judgeĀ the one whoĀ does,Ā forĀ GodĀ has acceptedhim.Ā 4Who are you to judge someone elseā€™s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.ā€¦

Colissians 2ā€¦15And having disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.Ā 16ThereforeĀ let noĀ oneĀ judgeĀ youĀ byĀ what you eatĀ orĀ drink,Ā orĀ withĀ regardĀ to a festival,Ā a New Moon,Ā orĀ a Sabbath.Ā 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.ā€¦

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Meatball? Yeah baby! Hand it over sistaĀ :24:Ā Ā 

Matthew 15:1110Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, ā€œListen and understand.Ā 11AĀ manĀ is not defiledĀ by whatĀ entersĀ hisĀ mouth,Ā butā€Ā by whatĀ comesĀ out ofĀ it.Ā 12Then the disciples came to Him and said, ā€œAre You aware that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?ā€ā€¦

The Law of Liberty
Romans 14:ā€¦2For one man has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables.Ā 3The one whoĀ eats everythingmust not belittleĀ the one whoĀ does not,Ā andĀ the one whoĀ does not eat everythingĀ must not judgeĀ the one whoĀ does,Ā forĀ GodĀ has acceptedhim.Ā 4Who are you to judge someone elseā€™s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.ā€¦

Colissians 2ā€¦15And having disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.Ā 16ThereforeĀ let noĀ oneĀ judgeĀ youĀ byĀ what you eatĀ orĀ drink,Ā orĀ withĀ regardĀ to a festival,Ā a New Moon,Ā orĀ a Sabbath.Ā 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.ā€¦

You know it. Fat meatballs, topped with extra mozzarella, roasted mushrooms and red peppers.Ā 

Hungry yet? :PĀ 

29 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

You know it. Fat meatballs, topped with extra mozzarella, roasted mushrooms and red peppers.Ā 

Hungry yet? :PĀ 

I am! I actually have most of those ingredients in miaĀ  cucina as we speak!Ā  I know what I will make for dinner tonight now. Ā Ill let ya know when its finished.:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, you can eat anything, here is Jesus' words on it:Ā 

"Do you still not understand?ā€ Jesus asked,Ā Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer.Ā But the words you speak come from the heart--that's what defiles you." (Matthew 15:16-18).Ā 

"Are you still so dull?ā€ He asked. ā€œDo you not understand? Nothing that enters a man from the outside can defile him.Ā Food doesn't go into your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer." (By saying this, he declared that every kind of food is acceptable in God's eyes.)" (Mark 7:18-19).Ā 

Here is the Apostles on it:Ā 

"The next day as Corneliusā€™s messengers were nearing the town, Peter went up on the flat roof to pray. It was about noon, 10Ā and he was hungry. But while a meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11Ā He saw the sky open, and something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners. 12Ā In the sheet were all sorts of animals, reptiles, and birds. 13Ā Then a voice said to him, ā€œGet up, Peter; kill and eat them.ā€

14Ā ā€œNo, Lord,ā€ Peter declared. ā€œI have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure and unclean.[b]ā€

15Ā But the voice spoke again: ā€œDo not call something unclean if God has made it clean.ā€ 16Ā The same vision was repeated three times. Then the sheet was suddenly pulled up to heaven." (Acts 10:9-15).Ā 

"Soon the news reached the apostles and other believers[a] in Judea that the Gentiles had received the word of God. 2Ā But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, the Jewish believers[b] criticized him. 3Ā ā€œYou entered the home of Gentiles[c] and even ate with them!ā€ they said.

4Ā Then Peter told them exactly what had happened. 5Ā ā€œI was in the town of Joppa,ā€ he said, ā€œand while I was praying, I went into a trance and saw a vision. Something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners from the sky. And it came right down to me. 6Ā When I looked inside the sheet, I saw all sorts of tame and wild animals, reptiles, and birds. 7Ā And I heard a voice say, ā€˜Get up, Peter; kill and eat them.ā€™

8Ā ā€œā€˜No, Lord,ā€™ I replied. ā€˜I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure or unclean.[d]ā€™

9Ā ā€œBut the voice from heaven spoke again: ā€˜Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.ā€™ 10Ā This happened three times before the sheet and all it contained was pulled back up to heaven.

11Ā ā€œJust then three men who had been sent from Caesarea arrived at the house where we were staying. 12Ā The Holy Spirit told me to go with them and not to worry that they were Gentiles. These six brothers here accompanied me, and we soon entered the home of the man who had sent for us. 13Ā He told us how an angel had appeared to him in his home and had told him, ā€˜Send messengers to Joppa, and summon a man named Simon Peter. 14Ā He will tell you how you and everyone in your household can be saved!ā€™

15Ā ā€œAs I began to speak,ā€ Peter continued, ā€œthe Holy Spirit fell on them, just as he fell on us at the beginning. 16Ā Then I thought of the Lordā€™s words when he said, ā€˜John baptized with[e] water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.ā€™ 17Ā And since God gave these Gentiles the same gift he gave us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to stand in Godā€™s way?ā€

18Ā When the others heard this, they stopped objecting and began praising God. They said, ā€œWe can see that God has also given the Gentiles the privilege of repenting of their sins and receiving eternal life.ā€ (Acts 11:1-18).Ā 

"Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience." (1 Corinthians 10:25)Ā 

"You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, 21Ā ā€œDonā€™t handle! Donā€™t taste! Donā€™t touch!ā€? 22Ā Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. 23Ā These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a personā€™s evil desires." (Colossians 2:20-23).Ā 

"1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on his opinions2For one man has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them." (Romans 14:1-3)Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

1 Corinthians 10:23 "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."

Ā 

Matthew 15:11 "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Ā 

Ā 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

You can eat anything, if you don't care what God says & take things out of context to suit your own flesh.

Ā 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

21 hours ago, Riccardo said:

You can eat anything, if you don't care what God says & take things out of context to suit your own flesh.

Ā 

True - everyone has free will

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 6/25/2017 at 11:53 PM, KiwiChristian said:

1 Corinthians 10:23 "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."

Ā 

Context is everything in proper exegesis. 1 Cor 10 teaching that Christian should not be pagans, should not worship demons (instead of all of it lawful) - we have this.

1 Cor 10

9Ā What do I mean then? That a thing sacrificed to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20Ā No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons. 21Ā You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 22Ā Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? We are not stronger than He, are we?

23Ā All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Ā 

Notice the "temptation" to "lift vs 23 out of its place" and then use it for whatever law-breaking one may wish -- YET Paul is arguing against that very thing in 1 Cor 10, as this is his argument against choosing to participate in the worship of demons.

Ā 

Ā 

Matthew 15:11 "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Context is everything in proper exegesis. Matt 15 is not at all about freedom to eat diseased meat and rats (the very thing scripture forbids in Lev 11) RATHER Matt 15 is about eating wheat products - BREAD - against which there is NO scripture prohibition. Christ uses this occasion to condemn the traditions of man that contradict the Commandments of God

Ā Matt 15

Then some Pharisees and scribes *came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2Ā ā€œWhy do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.ā€ 3Ā And He answered and said to them, ā€œWhy do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4Ā For God said, ā€˜Honor your father and mother,ā€™ and, ā€˜He who speaks evil of father or mother is to be put to death.ā€™ 5Ā But you say, ā€˜Whoever says to his father or mother, ā€œWhatever I have that would help you has been given to God,ā€ 6Ā he is not to honor his father or his mother.ā€™ And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7Ā You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:

8Ā ā€˜This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
9Ā ā€˜But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the traditions of men.ā€™ā€

Just as we see in Mark 7

The Pharisees and some of the scribes gathered around Him when they had come from Jerusalem, 2Ā and had seen that some of His disciples were eating their bread with impure hands, that is, unwashed. 3Ā (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the traditions of the elders; 4Ā and when they come from the market place, they do not eat unless they cleanse themselves; and there are many other things which they have received in order to observe, such as the washing of cups and pitchers and copper pots.) 5Ā The Pharisees and the scribes *asked Him, ā€œWhy do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat their bread with impure hands?ā€ 6Ā And He said to them, ā€œRightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

ā€˜This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
7Ā ā€˜But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.ā€™

8Ā Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.ā€

9Ā He was also saying to them, ā€œYou are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10Ā For Moses said, ā€˜Honor your father and your motherā€™; and, ā€˜He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to deathā€™; 11Ā but you say, ā€˜If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),ā€™ 12Ā you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13Ā thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.ā€

Ā 

1. The Jews themselves admit that this is "the tradition of the elders" and not at all "scripture" that they are upholding.

2. The debate is over eating wheat products (not diseased meat or rats) without ceremonial cleansing.

3. The argument they make is that coming from the market place - in contact with sinners/gentiles the hands must have "sin" on them -- and by touching the food and eating it -- the Jew then becomes 'unclean' - also a sinner (according to that tradition). And Acts 10 we have the same thing - Peter says it is "not lawful" for Jew to enter a gentile home but in fact no scripture at all forbids it. Only the "tradition of the elders" prohibits it.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Very well said Bob, placing it in the correctĀ context.

Most of what you have said has been said earlier but possibly not as well.

I have put forward an Idea to the site, to have a for & against section on some doctrinal issues, as people just jumping on the topic for the first time just go over old sections previously answered.

Where as if they could read what has been put forward &Ā they had something new, they could add to it.Ā 

I think it could clarify some errors much easier & quicker, withĀ the learning & understanding curve much better.Ā 

For example in a few months or so, someone will throw up the same scriptureĀ out of context again,Ā but won't have theĀ answer to its context asĀ youĀ have just clarified.

God bless