IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Davida said:

As said we are to pray before eating & give thanks to our Heavenly Father God , is my understanding, then we are good to go.

Exactly.   The dietary laws were not for all people for all time.   No commandment was given to the Church to abstain from Pork.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Old Testament Mosaic laws between God and Israel are done away with by Christ. We now live under a new covenant.

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 0:26 PM, HAZARD said:

Old Testament Mosaic laws between God and Israel are done away with by Christ. We now live under a new covenant.

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

then for all of you, that love your pork and bacon,

can someone explain Isaiah 66. and if this is when God comes with a vengeance and will come after the one with you know what ,in his grill, hiding behind a tree, then please ,show me how to justify this, then tell me again how it was told we are allowed to eat pork, I am going to say we are not allowed, and God does not go back on His word, and what goes for His people ,goes for  all the people of God,

if we become as one grafted into one as one, , Jesus did not say by grace, it over rides the law of God, ,this would be a lie, grace has covered sin and death , but everything else, remains the same, if you believe this to be  wrong of what I just said, explain the scripture chapter, and let me know,?

let, him who has a ear hear what the spirit says, for many are not following the commands , and word of God, to follow after man made traditions, I think and this is my opinion

, that many have compromised, and have not really examined the scriptures, just on this alone, and we have rejected, Gods instruction, to His people ,but I am told we are not under moses , I understand, but by grace, and the one that brings grace, states that He does not come to abolish the law , but to fulfill,, clean and unclean is in genesis, lev, deut, and in Isaiah, and acts, ,why would we ignore this ? just asking the people that say we are not under moses law, or the torah,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

then for all of you, that love your pork and bacon,

can someone explain Isaiah 66. and if this is when God comes with a vengeance and will come after the one with you know what ,in his grill, hiding behind a tree, then please ,show me how to justify this, then tell me again how it was told we are allowed to eat pork, I am going to say we are not allowed, and God does not go back on His word, and what goes for His people ,goes for  all the people of God,

if we become as one grafted into one as one, , Jesus did not say by grace, it over rides the law of God, ,this would be a lie, grace has covered sin and death , but everything else, remains the same, if you believe this to be  wrong of what I just said, explain the scripture chapter, and let me know,?

let, him who has a ear hear what the spirit says, for many are not following the commands , and word of God, to follow after man made traditions, I think and this is my opinion

, that many have compromised, and have not really examined the scriptures, just on this alone, and we have rejected, Gods instruction, to His people ,but I am told we are not under moses , I understand, but by grace, and the one that brings grace, states that He does not come to abolish the law , but to fulfill,, clean and unclean is in genesis, lev, deut, and in Isaiah, and acts, ,why would we ignore this ? just asking the people that say we are not under moses law, or the torah,

Why do we need to explain Isaiah 66 in light of the New Covenant?

Jesus fulfilled the Law.   The Old Covenant became obsolete, and was passing away on the verge of disappearing before Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed in 70 AD.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I would say it is fine to eat pork under the New Testament, but with a caveat. We should still, be taking care of the temple that is our body. That could limit or change a lot of things in the diets of many of us, myself included.

I do not recall, that in the Law, that those not of what would become the bloodline of those to whom the law was given, had the law imposed upon them. I am not of that bloodline. Also, there are laws that are universal in nature, that all have written on their hearts, though upbringing can train that out of a person, no murder, not thievery, things like that.

Also, it is required of us to obey the governing authorities (unless they contradict God), so there are plenty of things we need to be doing,  did you ever notice how little the jerusalem council of the apostles chose to impose upon the gentile Church? Ever notice how the law was described as something that could not be kept, was instead designed to show us how impossible it is, for us to please a holy God?

We should not burden our bretheren with a law, the letter of which kill, we need to look to the spirit of the law.

I think Jesus spoke well, when He made the point of Love God, and love your neighbor, and we are doing well. It strikes me as possible, to love God and my neighbor, while eating a strip of bacon.

WHY IS THIS UNDER THE CATEGORY OF PROPHECY?

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I would say it is fine to eat pork under the New Testament, but with a caveat. We should still, be taking care of the temple that is our body. That could limit or change a lot of things in the diets of many of us, myself included.

I do not recall, that in the Law, that those not of what would become the bloodline of those to whom the law was given, had the law imposed upon them. I am not of that bloodline. Also, there are laws that are universal in nature, that all have written on their hearts, though upbringing can train that out of a person, no murder, not thievery, things like that.

Also, it is required of us to obey the governing authorities (unless they contradict God), so there are plenty of things we need to be doing,  did you ever notice how little the jerusalem council of the apostles chose to impose upon the gentile Church? Ever notice how the law was described as something that could not be kept, was instead designed to show us how impossible it is, for us to please a holy God?

We should not burden our bretheren with a law, the letter of which kill, we need to look to the spirit of the law.

I think Jesus spoke well, when He made the point of Love God, and love your neighbor, and we are doing well. It strikes me as possible, to love God and my neighbor, while eating a strip of bacon.

WHY IS THIS UNDER THE CATEGORY OF PROPHECY?

Omega man , you are a very well versed person, in scripture, many think that with moses the law is over, and Jesus came to over ride, Him, ? now for the customs that are carried are of the jewish , and we are and have our own beliefs, we are grafted with in the same tree, given life by the same God, nourished and water , and planted by the stream of life, Jesus state, the doer of the word,  is my disciple, the one that keeps His commandments , are His people , the ones that do not follow are not His,

the 600 pls laws that the customs and for the priest and all that has been placed, not of the commandments of God, but of men , except the dietary and the priesthood, for the priest hood, we cannot follow and those, that in the 600, as if you can leave your wife if there was too much salt on your food, this is not of God, this was things that put the people into bondage and had no freedom with the laws.

Jesus came,not to abolish but to fulfill, no one wants to get pass the scripture , of what goes into the body and out , does not defile a man, but the words from his heart is what defiles a man, all is clean, and you can eat all, or judge not what your brother of what he eats or drinks, ?

I get this also , I fully understand the scripture to what it states, BUT>~! what if it was all but the unclean, for the reasons, that it was Gods instruction, and that is part of the discipline of the believer until to today, , I have said we are under grace, but grace is of God,

he cannot lie, or forbid, something , and then take it back , for then ,why would we believe Him,?

if a commandment of the ten is given and we do not follow it today , then how is it vital to our walk today , and all the other instructions of God, is no longer, I believe we have long justified something we refuse to give up, it is like Christmas, we refuse to give it up and call it a good thing to bring Jesus to people , when in fact, it is not biblical at all,

now this is a given example, and many cannot swallow, what is the truth , the truth is truth , but it was never meant to be easy , if we are given into the assumptions, and deceptions, like lawyers to beat around the truth to make a lie  a truth , then we have called evil good and good evil ?

please examine the scriptures very close, and see if we are not looking at what is meant to be , not being followed, for as Jesus states as daniel said, or as moses said , This Jesus is God, and would never go and take back something he has put out in the first place,

but we have this idea , now , that scripture works for us if we can justify it away to make sense to the masses , and why should we undo , what man has done ?

I challenge and ask all of you , to seek this subject, and don't place the law of moses , and the grace of Jesus , to conflict with one another , nor let one over ride the other, for then we have fallen down, into the muddy waters , and cannot see clear, ?

I have given this a lot of thought, effort and time, and I have searched the scriptures, and it shows us this, if .

..IF we are not following out of obedience, and of discipline, to Gods given instruction ,then when will the righteous start to obey and follow by discipline, ? to humble them selves in the sight of the lord, and come to the understanding , of spiritual over the bodily ,

we are so set in our ways we have , blinded our selves to the truths, and all the smart people that are geniuses , and skilled to take apart scripture, for there knowledge is far beyond, we let go of the simple and the holy , of the word,  for we are not at odds , or should be in debate, but in following every word of God.. every word of God is inspired and given for instruction and reproof, to the learning of scripture and wisdom of knowledge,

follow your hearts and tell me, that I am wrong, ? it is by Gods word there were clean and unclean, for by the blood we are saved through Jesus , and Jesus was  a spotless and clean sacrifice, ,,acceptable for anoitment ,

why would we question Gods word and instruction , and put it under for them and in that time, and it does not pertain to us in this time? that would be foolish, then is God ,..God..? or are  we just ,by deciding for God ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I challenge and ask all of you , to seek this subject, and don't place the law of moses , and the grace of Jesus , to conflict with one another , nor let one over ride the other, for then we have fallen down, into the muddy waters , and cannot see clear, ?

Jesus is not at odds with the old law and/or old Covenant.....    but the old covenant pertains to physical things in the physical world and the new Covenant pertains to spiritual things and eternity.

The old law promised a long happy life and it still does.....    the new covenant promises eternity, and the two are separate....   now if I want to follow the commands of Jesus for an eternal life with him, I can do so outside the old covenant as Paul taught so diligently...

We are also told that the old law actually makes to none effect the new if you are trying to make yourself acceptable to God....

We are told that it's ok to eat and ok not to eat and we should not be judging each other over food or Sabbaths.

Are you aware that Jesus confessed that he was working on the Sabbath?       He and the Father also......

If the old law is still in effect and Jesus was working on the Sabbath, we are all hell bound....    Ponder on that for a while.

3 hours ago, other one said:

Jesus is not at odds with the old law and/or old Covenant.....    but the old covenant pertains to physical things in the physical world and the new Covenant pertains to spiritual things and eternity.

The old law promised a long happy life and it still does.....    the new covenant promises eternity, and the two are separate....   now if I want to follow the commands of Jesus for an eternal life with him, I can do so outside the old covenant as Paul taught so diligently...

We are also told that the old law actually makes to none effect the new if you are trying to make yourself acceptable to God....

We are told that it's ok to eat and ok not to eat and we should not be judging each other over food or Sabbaths.

Are you aware that Jesus confessed that he was working on the Sabbath?       He and the Father also......

If the old law is still in effect and Jesus was working on the Sabbath, we are all hell bound....    Ponder on that for a while.

I never said anything about working on the Sabbath, for I know the scriptures , and what they are saying, I also know of the two commandments given first God with all and then your neighbor, I got that, but this is not what I am talking about , and it is not still , justified, or understood what I was saying, for it s about the discipline of the spiritual over the bodily, and for the word of God over the traditions and justifications of men, that I am opposing, but we have not gotten there yet, I also said in a topic earlier that I am not bringing the law of moses in , to play , in the condition of the grace that we have been given, so I see that it has not really been address what I really was saying, and for that , I will leave it as it is , for , if what I said , and I explained my self very clear, it is as they say fallen on deaf ears,

this has been a obstical , of admitting the true word of God for the mordern man in this age, for if we used the ten commandments as a school master to understand what Sin really is, then we would understand that the grace, that we are given is of grace, and from the same source,

,so what is the word of God when it has no effect on the person, . for it is the foolishness to those that perish,

and ignorance of and or, instruction, is no excuse of , or cause to deny what is being presented by the holy one,

I see that we read the bible today , with no effect and no power, I see that the churches and the people that call them selves  so called Christians, are all riding the same train to the broad and the wide way , and when chastening is being done, it is more then they want to bare , for they are not about the will of the father , but the will of the self, and where is the line drawn ?

if we decided to follow everything the world is displaying ,and compromise on everything , and to excuse away everything there is that is holy, and not hold to a law of God, then we are no better, then the non believer, 

and we have deceived our selves to think we are righteous when we are not, it is by the renewing of the mind and spirit that we are able to know the will of God, for Jesus said if you follow me, you must follow the commandments, and what he fathers will is, but it is still going to deaf ears , and that's my opinion.,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What you see and what I see are different.  Since it has been proven that my iqbal is a bit over 150, I would seem to trust what I see, thank you.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

SinnerSaved :

19Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Question: Who are they who are under the law? (Maybe Lev 24:8)

10For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 

Question: Have you ever lied in your life? If so, are you not guilty of breaking the law? This is not graded on the curve, it is pass or fail, one strike, and you are out. We are either perfect, or we are sinners. So, if you have ever sinned, you have effectually, already eaten bacon, and you cannot take that back, it is done.

The topic can be made very complex. I tend to take a clue from Paul (if anyone should have had a handle on both the Law (as a Pharissee) and grace (as the apostle to the gentiles under the New Covenant), it should have been him. He said:

One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

Now, avoiding consumption of unclean things was the law, so was Sabbath  keeping. Paul made that statement in his letter the the Roman church, which was a mixture of Jews and Gentiles, so, I think that makes it even more appropriate to consider.

Let each be persuaded, likely means that. If you are convinced that you should avoid pork, by all means do so! Do not violate your conscience:

17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4)

Circumcision, was also part of the law. With that in mind, consider this passage:

2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Now this passage is a dandy:

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. (Rom 6)

That should give you some things to ponder as you search this topic out.

I would also refer you to something I wrote a long time ago, and used to be on the worthy website, but has since been lost. Mind you, if I wrote it again, it might come out different, I am not unchanging, but it might be useful to make you think about things which you may not have yet, which is generally what I try to accomplish. That link takes you to something, that is too lengthy to post in a thread, but may give you some more 'starting places'. If I posted it here, many or most, would not read it anyway,

Kudos to you, for looking deeply into this topic, to work out an understanding.