IGNORED

HOW DOES A CHURCH OR YOUR CHURCH REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

I WAS,going to churches Christian churches, non denominational, I sang , played guitar in one, and helped build or do some work on one, and followed the church for over thirty four years, thinking it was the church and the building that was holy,

and I would say if I go to church, I hope the music is good, and what is the pastor, talking about today, I took everything they said for truth ,

never questioning, until I started to study the bible , and then a light came on, and I believe the holy spirit , opened my eyes, to see false teaching,

and I was amazed, how can Christians get away with false teaching, and people not reading there bibles, to verify, and challenge the thoughts and teachings, for everyone is just following the masses.

then I knew, what they were teaching is not of God. and they were lying to everyone, ,getting rich off of people ,unaware, and the ederly, what a shame

I tried to talk to them they refuse to talk about several , un biblical issues, so I don't go to church, but before I left,

it was about the music, and the make you feel comfortable , and all about taking care of the people, while starving them spiritually with bad teaching of about 30 minutes a week?

this is what I see the churches have come too, good music , feel good, and about making you emotional  deceived,

now I think a lot of it is evil, and the power of God, and the word of God is not in view , I believed a lie, so long as the music was good, and the pastor was funny, is that what has become, from ,when jesus taught all day long, no music and no comforts of cushion chairs and air conditioning?

the question is ? would people come to a park to listen someone preach, instead of a building called church ?probably not ,

what the people want and what they need, are complete opposites, would that be a fair statement to make??? comfort  for our selves, over the word of God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Everyone is different.

I have a friend who hates my church, the music, the teachings..... I love it.     Her church is a cult, She  is Seventh Day Adventist and everyone that does not worship on Saturday is in trouble. When you tell people that you are going to be required to worship on Saturday in Heaven and other things like that , you are going to loose people.  The music, praise and worship music she becomes almost rabid about, she hates it.  As far as she is concerned  it is only the old hymns, everything else is disrespectful.  I would die a slow death of boredom at her church,  There is no life and she wonders why the membership has gone from about 90 to less then 25.

If the word of God is taught and it is 100% scriptural there is nothing wrong with it.  It's all in what you are looking for.

I look for Jesus and if I don't see him I don't stay.

Good post.

Edited by RustyAngeL

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

what the people want and what they need, are complete opposites, would that be a fair statement to make??? comfort  for our selves, over the word of God?

~

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12 (New Living Translation)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

I attended an old Methodist Church once. There were about 50 people out of a possible 200, very quiet, not a sound, it was awesome. A couple of hymns and a short sermon, and a few chats and greetings once outside. A safe place for funerals.

Attended a Baptist church once, full of families, children and people of all ages, lots of noise, and food, and a welcoming atmosphere. Felt like I belonged there. But their creed was the limit on truth.

Attended a Roman Catholic church once, the place was empty except for a woman sitting mid range from the altar, a few candles burning in the corner, a confession box, a few idols, a bit spooky, but with potential I suppose.

Went to an ecumenical church, a pretend rock band bought the crowds, paraphrased Bibles, a minister who kept one eye open while praying, really creepy. I felt an awful presence, then they started speaking in tongues, I took off.

An exclusive brethren meeting, women with long hair - nice, men with weird beards and trouser braces, a garden gnome took the sermon. Great old hymns, and it sounded good. Then I went to McDonald's for some normality.

I can't say I've been around, but I know enough to stay away from places where a pretender, pedo, mason, or any such creeps run the place. Show me a church where they are not and I'll believe that pigs fly.

Edited by Kan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

My Church makes me feel closer to God.  I don't go there for warm fuzzies, or to be entertained.  My Church does not try to give me warm fuzzies or entertain me.   I go to meet and worship God in union with other like-minded believers.  Is that not what the goal of believers gathering together for church, where ever that may be, should be?

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

My Church makes me feel closer to God.  I don't go there for warm fuzzies, or to be entertained.  My Church does not try to give me warm fuzzies or entertain me.   I go to meet and worship God in union with other like-minded believers.  Is that not what the goal of believers gathering together for church, where ever that may be, should be?

you are right  thereselittleflower, that was the idea to be with others in one mind ,and one according believing and praising God , in a assembly of saints united,

but every church I have gone too, they praise God with their lips, and shout and say amen, and then go out ,and act like the world and treat people ungodly and act like they are so much better then others, so it is a sad for me to see this, even the ones I looked up at as teachers and pastors, I can see right through them , by reading my bible and seeing there fruits, with my eyes wide open, from the holy spirit , it is easy to spot.

so I believe we have some really great acting going on, luke warm and Christian atheists  every were, but it is good if you can find a rare church today , that are strong and inline with the bible, and produce good fruits  and feed the sheep,, I know there is a lot of great believers out there, I know this to be true, but we are few compare to the large scale of real believers ,that make it there life, and not just a belief ,for we are to be the doers of the word ,not only the hearers

for broad and wide is the path that leads to destruction and hell and many go there, but hard and narrow is the way , and only a few find it, jesus has told us, not to be deceived, but watch for the wolves in sheeps clothing.we are sent out in a evil world and we must know that He is God and the Holy Spirit dwells with in you,

And your body is the temple and His spirit , is within us, this tells you that you are the true church ,the true called out ones,

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

My church doesn't make me feel anything, one way or the other. Some music can affect my emotions, so can some messages, even some people can influence my feelings. This is the same in my home, my work place, while shopping or drivng my car etc. Experiences can affect my feelings inside or outside the church. In that sense, it is like every other place.

Now, if going to the market, made be feel guilty, or unwelcome or something that was unpleasant, I would likely find another market. However, I go to the market to buy food. If the food is good, and the prices are fair, I will likely be back, even if the music they play during the shopping experience is not to my taste.  The reason is simple, they have something I need - food!

Some places have things I need, and I do not have expectations of much in the way of comfort, but I will go to those, because they have something i need or at least something of value to me. For example, I might go to a doctor's or dentist's office, or a hospital, with full undertanding that the experience will likely be unpleasant. However, if I have a malady that needs attention, I might choose to undergo some discomfort, because the benefit outweighs the outcome of not going.

The church is the same way to me. I certainly have tastes in music, but I do not go to church for the music. Have a music collection at home, and a radio in the car where I can hear music I like. I prefer seat or pews that are comfortable, but again, I have chairs at home and in my car that are more comfortable, so I do not need church for that. I certainly do not go just for the message, even messages, can be found on Youtube or in books, my local church hardly has a monopoly on that. However, I do prefer to go to a church that has sound teaching, bible based, and relevant to the things I need, not for feeling good, but for my spiritual health. Often those teachings are uncomfortable - just as going to the doctor can be uncomfortable. If a sermon makes me squirm a little, I see that as a good thing, people who are not perfect, should squirm a bit when confronted with truth. If the teachings of a church always made me feel happy, warm and fuzzy, I would flee that place as spiritually dangerous and lacking a balanced Biblical message.

Again, I can find truthful and uncomfortable messages in book, online, on radio and on the internet . In fact, I can get uncomfortable messages which are truthful from friends. In fact, people who will only say good things to me, are not the best of friends. Good friends care enough, to say it as it is, even it it will cause me pain, if it is something I need to hear.

That brings me to why I do go to church. Church is a collection of people, gathered together in one place, who know they are not perfect, who know they need repairing, and who know, that there are others in the same boat. We gather, we pray together, we study together, we worship together and most of all, we serve each other in various ways, as we see needs, and as we have the ability to address those needs. Some of those needs are physical, some are spiritual. 

God has gifted His people in different ways so that we can help each other, build each other up and see to their various needs. Church is where I go, to be with other beleivers, to find people I can serve with my knowledge, my skills, my friendship, and my generosity, and it is a place where I can receive the same when I need it. It is a swapmeet of souls, cooperating for each others well being in all sorts of matter, might be counseling or wisdom and one of many other things. When a person is confused, has a situation they do not know how to deal with, a wise and compassionate word, can go a long way, and that is a blessing to both.

God made us with needs, and God calls us to meet needs. Church is just a place, where I can find needy and helpful people, and form relationships that exist in other locations and on other days than Sunday. Gathering together with God's people, also provides some needed accountability in matters or doctrine and practice.

Worthychat, is not unlike that in some ways, so I spend quite a bit of tie there, but the physical church I attend, has the benefit of being able to serve real needs that I can see, in the lives of others, that just cannot be done online, or on the phone, or through a written letter. I can pull weed, drive nails, fix a tire, make a meal, and offer comfort to the hurting, in a face to face situation better than any other way. That is why I attend a local church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

you are right  thereselittleflower, that was the idea to be with others in one mind ,and one according believing and praising God , in a assembly of saints united,

but every church I have gone too, they praise God with their lips, and shout and say amen, and then go out ,and act like the world and treat people ungodly and act like they are so much better then others, so it is a sad for me to see this, even the ones I looked up at as teachers and pastors, I can see right through them , by reading my bible and seeing there fruits, with my eyes wide open, from the holy spirit , it is easy to spot.

so I believe we have some really great acting going on, luke warm and Christian atheists  every were, but it is good if you can find a rare church today , that are strong and inline with the bible, and produce good fruits  and feed the sheep,, I know there is a lot of great believers out there, I know this to be true, but we are few compare to the large scale of real believers ,that make it there life, and not just a belief ,for we are to be the doers of the word ,not only the hearers

for broad and wide is the path that leads to destruction and hell and many go there, but hard and narrow is the way , and only a few find it, jesus has told us, not to be deceived, but watch for the wolves in sheeps clothing.we are sent out in a evil world and we must know that He is God and the Holy Spirit dwells with in you,

And your body is the temple and His spirit , is within us, this tells you that you are the true church ,the true called out ones,

Are you Jesus Christ, who have come to the world to Judge his people? Are you that prophet? Or are you the mindreader? Who are you? are you the Annoyntted one? When are you going to start the new church? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Are you Jesus Christ, who have come to the world to Judge his people? Are you that prophet? Or are you the mindreader? Who are you? are you the Annoyntted one? When are you going to start the new church? 

Sir, was this comment made in the Spirit of Christ ? Regardless of another's words, we are told to keep a close watch on our tongues. I say this with respect and love. 

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Everyone is different.

I have a friend who hates my church, the music, the teachings..... I love it.     Her church is a cult, She  is Seventh Day Adventist and everyone that does not worship on Saturday is in trouble. When you tell people that you are going to be required to worship on Saturday in Heaven and other things like that , you are going to loose people.  The music, praise and worship music she becomes almost rabid about, she hates it.  As far as she is concerned  it is only the old hymns, everything else is disrespectful.  I would die a slow death of boredom at her church,  There is no life and she wonders why the membership has gone from about 90 to less then 25.

If the word of God is taught and it is 100% scriptural there is nothing wrong with it.  It's all in what you are looking for.

I look for Jesus and if I don't see him I don't stay.

Good post.

I a responding to the accusation of SDA as a cult. That is a broad term and apart for defining it can create a false impression.

Mirriam / Webster's Dictionary says:

Full Definition of CULT

1 formal religious veneration :  worship
2 a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also :  its body of adherents
3 a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also :  its body of adherents
4 a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially :  such devotion regarded as    a literary or intellectual fad
   b the object of such devotion
   c  usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

I attend a Baptist Church. Under definitions 1, 2, and 5a, my church is also a cult. The late Dr. Walter R. Martin, author of "The Kingdom of the Cults" and considered my many to be the worlds foremost expert on cults and comparative religions did not believe SDA to be a cult. He did, however, consider them to be erroneous in some doctrines. He also believed that their are people who are in SDA, who are non-Christian cultists, by their beliefs, but did not label the denomination itself that way.

Of course, on that notion, I feel certain that there are people in my congregation, whose beliefs should classify them and non-Christian cultists. From a page on the Christian Research Institute's website (also founded by Dr. Martin) I found this:

Since SDA does accept the foundational doctrines of historic Christianity (the Trinity, Christ’s true deity, His bodily resurrection, etc.) we do not believe that it should be classified as a non-Christian cult. It is our conviction that one cannot be a true Jehovah’s Witness, Mormon, Christian Scientist, etc., and be a practicing Christian in the biblical sense of the word; but it is possible to be a Seventh-day Adventist and a true follower of Jesus, despite certain distinctive Adventist doctrines which we consider to be unbiblical.

I agree with their position for those same reasons.

Regarding Saturday worship, the Bible says in Romans 14:

5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 

Is that not what the 7th Day Adventist does, regard one day (Saturday) above another, convinced in his own mind?

I tend to think of the day of the week as totally unimportant, so I would not judge Sabatarians at all, of course I cannot approve of the stance of some, who look down upon those who chose to gather on Sunday.

I think the best model, might be in Acts 2 where it says:

46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

However, though I had a lot so say about the small points (relative to you main point) about SDA being a cult and comment on Saturday wroship, I think you post ihits the mark.