School district censors Charlie Brown Christmas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/12/16/oh-good-grief-school-district-censors-charlie-brown-christmas.html?intcmp

The latest yuletide lunacy comes from Johnson County, Kentucky where the school district has censored an elementary school presentation of “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

The district also ordered other schools to remove all religious references from their upcoming Christmas productions. 

At one school, “Silent Night” was replaced with a Christmas version of the “Whip/Nae Nae” song. 

Yes, good readers — apparently that is a real thing. 

“How do you go from ‘Silent Night’ to the ‘Whip/Nae Nae,’” one distraught grandmother asked me. “We’re not at all happy about it.”

Teachers at W.R. Castle Elementary School were directed to remove the moving scene where Linus shares the true meaning of Christmas by reading from the Gospel of Luke. 

Superintendent Tom Salyer confirmed to me that the entire passage was excised from the program after the district received a single complaint. 

“We’re not reading that, sir,” Salyer told me. “It disappoints men that we have to do this.”

The superintendent, who said he is a church-going man, said he was simply following the advice of school district attorneys. 

He posted this message on the district’s website:

“In accordance with federal laws, our programs will follow appropriate regulations. The U.S. Supreme Court and the 6th Circuit are very clear that public school staff may not endorse any religion when acting in their official capacities and during school activities. However, our district is fully committed to promote the spirit of giving and concern for our fellow citizens that help define the Christmas holiday. With core values such as service, integrity, leadership, and commitment, our staff and students will continue to proudly represent our district as recently demonstrated by our many student successes.”

Allow me to cut through the bureaucratic malarky and interpret the superintendent’s message through the language of Charlie Brown: 

“WAH, WAH WAH, WAH, WAH WAH, WAH.”

Baptist preacher Tom Winston has been manning a picket line outside the local high school— hoping the Grinches inside will reverse their ban on the Baby Jesus.

“If you take Christ out of the Christmas play, it’s only a play,” the pastor told me. “That’s the bottom line.”

The district’s religious cleansing of Christmas caught the attention of Alliance Defending Freedom, a law firm that tackles religious liberty issues.

They wrote a letter on behalf of a parent whose daughter is a cast member in the show — urging the district to reconsider the censorship.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

what???   

Just now, thereselittleflower said:

what???   

I know kinda crazy huh?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

16 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

I know kinda crazy huh?

I'm just shaking my head.

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

I'm just shaking my head.

I know and apparently some of the Christian parents and grandparents are shaking their heads as well.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.70
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/12/16/oh-good-grief-school-district-censors-charlie-brown-christmas.html?intcmp

The latest yuletide lunacy comes from Johnson County, Kentucky where the school district has censored an elementary school presentation of “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

The district also ordered other schools to remove all religious references from their upcoming Christmas productions.

At one school, “Silent Night” was replaced with a Christmas version of the “Whip/Nae Nae” song.

Yes, good readers — apparently that is a real thing.

“How do you go from ‘Silent Night’ to the ‘Whip/Nae Nae,’” one distraught grandmother asked me. “We’re not at all happy about it.”

Teachers at W.R. Castle Elementary School were directed to remove the moving scene where Linus shares the true meaning of Christmas by reading from the Gospel of Luke.

Superintendent Tom Salyer confirmed to me that the entire passage was excised from the program after the district received a single complaint.

“We’re not reading that, sir,” Salyer told me. “It disappoints men that we have to do this.”

The superintendent, who said he is a church-going man, said he was simply following the advice of school district attorneys.

He posted this message on the district’s website:

“In accordance with federal laws, our programs will follow appropriate regulations. The U.S. Supreme Court and the 6th Circuit are very clear that public school staff may not endorse any religion when acting in their official capacities and during school activities. However, our district is fully committed to promote the spirit of giving and concern for our fellow citizens that help define the Christmas holiday. With core values such as service, integrity, leadership, and commitment, our staff and students will continue to proudly represent our district as recently demonstrated by our many student successes.”

Allow me to cut through the bureaucratic malarky and interpret the superintendent’s message through the language of Charlie Brown:

“WAH, WAH WAH, WAH, WAH WAH, WAH.”

Baptist preacher Tom Winston has been manning a picket line outside the local high school— hoping the Grinches inside will reverse their ban on the Baby Jesus.

“If you take Christ out of the Christmas play, it’s only a play,” the pastor told me. “That’s the bottom line.”

The district’s religious cleansing of Christmas caught the attention of Alliance Defending Freedom, a law firm that tackles religious liberty issues.

They wrote a letter on behalf of a parent whose daughter is a cast member in the show — urging the district to reconsider the censorship.

I read this online and couldn't believe it.  So the power of one person ruins the Christmas story as told in a Charlie Brown Christmas.  The PC police have run amuk!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Thank God for the few audience members who recited the "missing" verses from Luke:

"UPDATE: Bible passage recited by adults during school play
Kaitlynn LeBeau, Brad Myers, The Associated Press, WSAZ News Staff

PAINTSVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Audience members attending the performance of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at a Johnson County elementary recited a Bible passage that school district officials deleted from the play.

W.R. Castle Elementary School Principal Jeff Cochran some of people attending Thursday's performance recited lines from the play in which the character Linus quotes from the Gospel of Luke.

"We just kind of got together this morning and as were sitting there and it was just all on our hearts that they took out the scriptures and that's the main part you know that's what it's all about," said Holly Davis, one of the parents..."

Merry Christmas!
Luke 2:8-14
(8)  And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
(9)  And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
(10)  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
(11)  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
(12)  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
(13)  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
(14)  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Let's see 'em try something like that with the Muslims over a similar event . . .  I'm guessing there would be all kinds of trouble then.

Edited by walla299

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 17/12/2015 at 7:52 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I read this online and couldn't believe it.  So the power of one person ruins the Christmas story as told in a Charlie Brown Christmas.  The PC police have run amuk!!!

Yes, and if the PC police don't get their acts together and cry out to the Lord, they're running straight to Hell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this will not stop until people start taking these people to court and winning our freedoms back