threat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So how does one deal with a physical threat at work.  We have a young gentleman at work who no one wants to work with, and until about 3 weeks ago I couldn't understand.  But this guy really has a knack for saying the wrong thing all the time.  And he likes to get in front of you and joke about getting into fights all the time.  But after last night i am amazed I didn't get fired don't have any idea what kept me from attempting to kill this kid accept I need my job.   First he throws a frozen item at me and I told him it hurt, to which he replied it was to suppose to.   Than must later he not forcefully but lightly slap me in the face and asked what was I going to do about it?  I have try to learn not to react immediately to stuff like that because of anger issue but after about 30 minutes I got in his face about it than when to break; after coming back from break to cover my butt I called the manager and told her if he laid one more finger on me I was going to hurt him.  When I go in to tonight I will be filing a form about what happen last night.

But not real sure what to write because the slap he give me remind of a word that rhymes with switch slap.  Don't think that would be proper to write down.   Plus I have told him several times not to act like a dog on a human leg or fire hydrant when working with our pallets yes he makes certain sexual acts toward our pallets.  Please pray for me to have wisdom to fill out this form and extra strength to deal with this kid without attempting to kill or hurt him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, FreeinChrist said:

So how does one deal with a physical threat at work.  We have a young gentleman at work who no one wants to work with, and until about 3 weeks ago I couldn't understand.  But this guy really has a knack for saying the wrong thing all the time.  And he likes to get in front of you and joke about getting into fights all the time.  But after last night i am amazed I didn't get fired don't have any idea what kept me from attempting to kill this kid accept I need my job.   First he throws a frozen item at me and I told him it hurt, to which he replied it was to suppose to.   Than must later he not forcefully but lightly slap me in the face and asked what was I going to do about it?  I have try to learn not to react immediately to stuff like that because of anger issue but after about 30 minutes I got in his face about it than when to break; after coming back from break to cover my butt I called the manager and told her if he laid one more finger on me I was going to hurt him.  When I go in to tonight I will be filing a form about what happen last night.

But not real sure what to write because the slap he give me remind of a word that rhymes with switch slap.  Don't think that would be proper to write down.   Plus I have told him several times not to act like a dog on a human leg or fire hydrant when working with our pallets yes he makes certain sexual acts toward our pallets.  Please pray for me to have wisdom to fill out this form and extra strength to deal with this kid without attempting to kill or hurt him.

How old is he and would you be able to talk to him and explain that nobody appreciate how he is treating everybody?

You might not know where he comes from and anything about his life and what he is dealing with?

He wouldn't be on drugs or anything?

It sounds he might have a mental problem and really should be seen by a doctor, do you know his family or anything about him?

If you are a Christian you can start praying for Him and expect God to do something big in this young man 's life..

This is a sad story and this young man needs help..

/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Oh my, FIC, that IS an awful situation.  You have the protection of the law though; hitting you with a frozen object and/or slapping you is assault and one can be arrested for it.  It doesn't matter if it's like a little girl slapping you, still a crime.  I agree that you should pray for him; right after you document everything, make a report, find out if your company has these incidents on video and talk to the poiice.  This is a potentially explosive situation so why not nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.  And I will be praying for you.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well, I had a similar incident 3 weeks after I started the job Im at now, another driver, got up in my face because I was "driving to slow" and yelled and screamed at me, and after I told him to get over himself threatened to knock my teeth out...to which my reply was go ahead. His next reply was "you dont understand, ill bury you in that field" I told him "You dont understand, I dont care. either do it or shutup" to which he shortly backed off, and I called my supervisor, and he came out and dealt with the employee. 

I dont know your job situation, Im not sure id recomend handling it exactly how I did it, but I would definetly report it to management, thats a hostile work environment and you don't have to work in it. It actually opens your employer up to a lawsuit. So, definetly, document when it occured and what was said, and report it every time.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, FreeinChrist said:

So how does one deal with a physical threat at work. 

There's nothing to stop you from immediately reporting such incidents to your immediate supervisor, instead of handling it yourself.  Report it verbally and in writing, and if nothing is done, you can certainly report it to the police. It's best to not respond and do something you might regret.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Well, it is terrible that these kinds of things happen but I am learning that they are an opportunity for ministry.

When I read the sermon on the mount I thought Jesus was nuts.  Why would I want to follow the things he said there?  Somebody slaps me I ought offer tge other cheek?  Someone compells me to walk a mile I should go with him two?  Your off your rocker, I exclaimed!  But something said back, have you tried it?  Well umm no...

I learned a lot about love when my wife was unfaithful.  It was easy to love her when I thought she was with me in all things but when she fell I took it personal.  When I went to my mentor and asked what to do he asked me if she confessed, to which I said yes.  He then instructed me to say nothing to her about it at all.  What!  That can't be right, i thought, but I trusted him and sought to keep my mouth shut.  I had a hard time even coming to bed.  And one night I simply had to get up and go weep alone with God.  She tried  to comfort me but I couldn't  receive it.  It was then I realized  just how selfish I was.  I was involved in my personal pity party because of my pride that I failed to understand what position her actions put her in before God.  Vengeance is Gods and he does judge his creation.

My whole attitude and outlook upon her changed.  I saw her as one who was fallen and in need of reproof and restoration.  I sat down with her and began to talk to her about my own past and restoration unto God for sins I committed.  I taught her about the depth of separation her sin created between us and gave her instruction on what she could do if she wanted to restore our relationship.  She followed all the instructions.  They  were from the bible and most directly from what Jesus taught.  We are happily reunited and celebrating two years of monogamous commitment at the turn of the year. 

I have found it much easier to apply the principles of Jesus when dealing with coworkers, friends or strangers than my own family.  The problem usially lies in me in the form of pride as my ego is my nemisis.  It got easier when I got over myself and saw their end at the hand of God.  Because I am a child of God so those that bless me are blessed and those who curse me are cursed.  Today it is easier for me to minister to those who I find offensive but I am not perfect at it.  Sometimes I still get angry and take it all personal when it really isn't. Peace.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

6 hours ago, FreeinChrist said:

Just be factual and include it all, and include how it makes you feel, especially the sexual stuff.

That's sexual harassment and he may get fired.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Or you could take Jesus' words for it and see what happens....

Mat 5:38¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, FreeinChrist said:

If you allow him to get away with such nonsense they will continue to bully you ( my opinion ) .

If you play their game ( physical confrontation ), they may win.

Be as innocent as a dove, but wise as a serpent . Handle this as such.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 hours ago, FreeinChrist said:

I find nothing in this account of The Spirit of God... so examine where you are in attitude and that of Christ's...
Being beaten beyond recognition, spit upon, crucified, naked in front of loved ones, laughed at and
scorned- He and The Spirit Upon Him said to those guilty of bringing all this to be
Lk 23:34
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not
what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
KJV

Our lives are not about justification in this place >but< being justified before Him Who has given The Example
when we leave this place!  To Love as God has-> a person must abandoned all influences of 1st born issues and
maintain 2nd born realities only found in His Word... by this faith God 'IS' found to be the pin pointed reason of
Life for it is written

Mt 7:14
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mt 10:39
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth
his life for my sake shall find it.
Mt 16:25-26
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever
will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man
profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
KJV

These things were written that we may know the spirit of influence of us within for it is always about obedience
1 Jn 4:1-4
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see
whether they are from God, because many false prophets have
gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God:
every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the
flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus
is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you
have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
NASU

Love, Steven