• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Well, it is terrible that these kinds of things happen but I am learning that they are an opportunity for ministry.

When I read the sermon on the mount I thought Jesus was nuts.  Why would I want to follow the things he said there?  Somebody slaps me I ought offer tge other cheek?  Someone compells me to walk a mile I should go with him two?  Your off your rocker, I exclaimed!  But something said back, have you tried it?  Well umm no...

I learned a lot about love when my wife was unfaithful.  It was easy to love her when I thought she was with me in all things but when she fell I took it personal.  When I went to my mentor and asked what to do he asked me if she confessed, to which I said yes.  He then instructed me to say nothing to her about it at all.  What!  That can't be right, i thought, but I trusted him and sought to keep my mouth shut.  I had a hard time even coming to bed.  And one night I simply had to get up and go weep alone with God.  She tried  to comfort me but I couldn't  receive it.  It was then I realized  just how selfish I was.  I was involved in my personal pity party because of my pride that I failed to understand what position her actions put her in before God.  Vengeance is Gods and he does judge his creation.

My whole attitude and outlook upon her changed.  I saw her as one who was fallen and in need of reproof and restoration.  I sat down with her and began to talk to her about my own past and restoration unto God for sins I committed.  I taught her about the depth of separation her sin created between us and gave her instruction on what she could do if she wanted to restore our relationship.  She followed all the instructions.  They  were from the bible and most directly from what Jesus taught.  We are happily reunited and celebrating two years of monogamous commitment at the turn of the year. 

I have found it much easier to apply the principles of Jesus when dealing with coworkers, friends or strangers than my own family.  The problem usially lies in me in the form of pride as my ego is my nemisis.  It got easier when I got over myself and saw their end at the hand of God.  Because I am a child of God so those that bless me are blessed and those who curse me are cursed.  Today it is easier for me to minister to those who I find offensive but I am not perfect at it.  Sometimes I still get angry and take it all personal when it really isn't. Peace.

This was a blessing to my heart that God has given me.... Thank you for it!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

If you allow him to get away with such nonsense they will continue to bully you ( my opinion ) .

If you play their game ( physical confrontation ), they may win.

Be as innocent as a dove, but wise as a serpent . Handle this as such.

the serpent would bite him.....    I know that from experience.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Can't argue that brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

14 hours ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

If you allow him to get away with such nonsense they will continue to bully you ( my opinion ) .

If you play their game ( physical confrontation ), they may win.

Be as innocent as a dove, but wise as a serpent . Handle this as such.

Brother, I hear you talking scripture here!

Do not answer a fool according to his folly except you be like him.

Answer a fool according to his folly lest he be wise in his own conceits.

Music to my ears! Amen, amen.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Our Worthy siblings have given you great advice  . Please talk to your co workers and tell your boss . Praying for you .

God bless you .

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Didn't really have to work this problem again until tonight, as he was off the last two O/N.  Just worried after reporting him and writing him up they might try to make us work together, because as many have said turn the other I have already done this with this young gentlemen several times before, but Sunday morning he just got more than under my skin especially with his remark what are you going to do about it.  Other associates and friends at the store have told me to call the Home Office.   Plus to my way of thinking yes Jesus told us to turn the other cheek so there is something there, but I agree with Other One because the Savior also overturn money tables at the Temple.  And Paul tells us as much as possible to live peacefully with all man; Romans 12:8.  Then Paul also tells us to protect and provide for our own household; I Timothy 5:8, and too my way thinking my household starts with me.

So yes I have reported the problem, but as others associates and friends have told me at this Wal-Mart it may not make a lot of difference.  So I figure I will strongly protest if they try  to make me work with him again.  Not because i am worry about him, but myself I need my job and don't want to go to jail;  this kid of about 20 has already been warned by 2 other associates about missing with them, and I don't want to see either of them fired and or in jail.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

If you have an HR Dept, contact them asap. This guy needs to go, honestly. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Like many things in christianity it is a fine balance. While yes there is turning the other cheek God did not intend for us to be doormats either. For the most part he does not want us to remain in dngerous situations.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Free

As Diedre has said"This guy has to go",,,,,,,,,shame on your supervisor & whoever else it has been reported to & has done nothing about it,as far as I know ,Walmart has the "3 strike " rule(written up 3x's & you lose your job!) But,in this situation where he has physically assaulted you (YES "assault"-throwing the frozen item & the slap in the face),,,that would be cause for immediate termination,,,,,,,,,

If he is still employed or (up to you) if no disciplinary action has been taken after you have given your report I would strongly suggest you call the head office ,HR or whoever you need to contact to see that measures are taken to prevent this from ever happening to you or anyone else again,,,,,,if I was told of anything like this from one of my employees(when I had my business)the young fellow would be out the door faster than you could blink an eye,,,,,,,,,,

If what your co-workers say is true(it won't make a difference) then I would talk to my immediate supervisor BEFORE I found myself scheduled to work with this guy again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,express your concerns,ask what is going to be done about it(it is your right to know)& protect your own interests (which is YOU),,,,,,,if you are satisfied with what you are told,great,,,,,,,if not,go over his/her head & make that difference,,,,,,,,,,,the Lord will guide you every step of the way & you will be fine,,,,,,to God be the Glory!                 And yes,pray for the young fool               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!