• Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

In that chart,

1 Thessalonians 4 and 5 Matthew 24
4:15 - coming (Parousia) 24:27 - coming (Parousia)
4:17 - clouds 24:30 - clouds
4:16 - shout, voice trump 24:31 - sound of a trumpet
4:17 - caught up together 24:31 - gather together
5:1 - times and seasons 24:36 - day or hour
5:2 - a thief 24:43 - a thief
5:3 - sudden destruction 24:39 - took them all away
5:6 - watch 24:42 - watch

Where it has Matt 24:39 saying took them all away, the equivalent portion in Luke says:

26“And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

okay, that was weird, will have to fix it later.

I was replying in a different thread, not even reading this one, and the reply ended up here. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

9 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I think you telling people what version of the Bible to use is just out of line.  You don't have the right to tell anyone what is the best version because it  could and will cause confusion and could be harmful to what might a new believer or someone who is struggling with their faith and wondering where to go.  God's word is just that God's word.  He will revel Himself through any version be KJ or Nkj or Amplified or whatever.  Leave it to the person which version they choose to use.  When they really seek God He will as I said  reveal Himself to this person.  He will never leave or forsake this person then their heart is for Jesus. 

RustyAngel, there is nothing in anything I have said that tells anyone what version of the bible to use.  I am scratching my head wondering how you even came up with such an idea.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The shepard must tend the flock.  Feed and lead them for he said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.  A worthless shepard is a selfish shepard who doesn't spare the flock.  If America were Gods house then truly the Cheif Shepard would be our President and the flock the citizens.  In such a case a worthless President would not spare the flock but rather leave off caring for them.  Such a man would be an antichrist in deed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

19 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I agree with Kwik.  And I understand that people have their different opinions, but what I am after is the piece of the puzzle God has given each participant to add.  As you can see, none of us have the monopoly on God's revelation.  Let us not be so arrogant to think that we do.  Just bring your piece of the puzzle that the Holy Spirit gives you, and maybe then we can fit them together and reveal the exciting picture that God wants to show us, instead of being distracted by arguments over things that truly bear have no significance upon the subject being discussed.

Be blessed all :)

And I agree with Zion and Kwik.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zion

As far as the description being physical as well as spiritual,,,,,,,, Honestly Sis,personally I do take Gods Word literally,so yeah sure,,,,why not?Can be both ,couldn't it?,,,,,,,,

This morning I was just having a conversation about the Unlimited,Infinite Power of God & how "we" cannot even begin to comprehend that Power nor can we understand "His Ways",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't think anything is Impossible with God no matter how far out it may seem because it is all Supernatural,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                              Praise & Glory to God!!!!                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/11/2016 at 6:00 AM, *Zion* said:

Zechariah 11:17

17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Is this a description of the anti-christ?

That context is one of the saddest chapters in the Bible to me. It's where God has been so betrayed. For all His labor in loving Israel, He asks for his wages and what does He get in return?.... 30 pieces of silver.

• Zec 11:12-13  Then I said to them, "If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them." And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver.  (13)  Then the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"—the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD, to the potter.

In two chapters earlier, God has sent them their true Shepherd...

• Zec 9:9  Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

The True Shepherd they reject and repay God's love by murdering his Son. That's what the 30 pieces of silver were for. That's all He was worth to them. You can feel the anguish and sadness of God being betrayed. Even from Judas's kiss, by the hand of His people, the Jews, whom He died for.

• Mat 26:14-16  Then one of the twelve, whose name was Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests  (15)  and said, "What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?" And they paid him thirty pieces of silver.  (16)  And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him.

Because of this rejection, He delivers them into the hands of a 'worthless shepherd.' We know who he'll be. He's been announced over and over again in scripture. The next chapter, interestingly, Israel gets attacked by all the nations. We know from other verses that the nations are led by the antichrist.

He's even going to punish the the evil shepherd. In one verse, He installs him and in the next verse, He then sets out to punish him for being evil too.

• Zec 11:16  For behold, I am raising up in the land a shepherd who does not care for those being destroyed, or seek the young or heal the maimed or nourish the healthy, but devours the flesh of the fat ones, tearing off even their hoofs.
  • Zec 11:17  "Woe to my worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! Let his arm be wholly withered, his right eye utterly blinded!"

What's astounding to me is that after His rejection He still loves them and has not ultimately abandoned them. He gives them justice and then remembers His love for them and becomes their true shepherd again.

• Zec 9:16-17  On that day the LORD their God will save them, as the flock of his people; for like the jewels of a crown they shall shine on his land.  (17)  For how great is his goodness, and how great his beauty! Grain shall make the young men flourish, and new wine the young women.

Oh, the mercy of God!! May we love as He loves.

In John, Jesus contrasts worthless shepherds with Himself.

• Joh 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (11)  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. (12)  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. (13)  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. (14)  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,

The 'thief' fits the definition of a false christ or antichrist.

Edited by unworthydude

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thanks dude :) I believe that that is a fitting piece of the puzzle.  God bless you.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Revelation 13:1-3

13 [As] [a]I stood on the sandy beach, I saw a beast coming up out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads. On his horns he had ten royal crowns (diadems) and blasphemous titles (names) on his heads.

2 And the beast that I saw resembled a leopard, but his feet were like those of a bear and his mouth was like that of a lion. And to him the dragon gave his [own] might and power and his [own] throne and great dominion.

3 And one of his heads seemed to have a deadly wound. But his death stroke was healed; and the whole earth went after the beast in amazement and admiration.

Ok, this might seem even crazier to the skeptics, but: should we be looking for someone we all thought was dead but actually their death stroke was healed?  This together with a wounded eye and arm would be SUCH a clear sign.

I'm not saying that that's how it's going to be, but it is an interesting thought.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On January 21, 2016 at 1:15 AM, unworthydude said:
  • Joh 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (11)  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. (12)  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep,
  •  
  • sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
  •  
  • (13)  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

The 'thief' fits the definition of a false christ or antichrist.

It fits the definition of many lying to the brethren today, exactly as when Jesus said it plainly, from Yahweh.  

Jesus is still the good shepherd TODAY, and the hired hands and not a shepherd are still the same today also.

(14)  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,

Trust Jesus.

12 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Ok, this might seem even crazier to the skeptics, but: should we be looking for someone we all thought was dead but actually their death stroke was healed?  This together with a wounded eye and arm would be SUCH a clear sign.

Seek Yahweh.  

Pray to be set free always, every day, from the evil deception that's over the whole world and growing.

Be willing to let the good shepherd gather you under His Wings  and care for you Perfectly..

((remember once Jerusalem/Israel was not willing, so Jesus sorrowfully did not gather them at that time)).

And again the prophets and those sent to warn the people are being stoned again.((rejected, martyred))

Matthew 23:37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets ...

biblehub.com/matthew/23-37  >> "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her ...

biblehub.com/luke/13-34  >>  "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her ...