IGNORED

Is the doctrine of the Trinity biblical?

JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, gdemoss said:

I hate the quote feature :)

I cannot use it well.

Christs ascension began at a point.  He went out from this world back to his father. This is all I am trying to convey.  Nothing more.  Point A to point B.  

I'm not following you.

What does Christ's ascension have to do with whether God the Son had a beginning or not?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

6 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I'm not following you.

What does Christ's ascension have to do with whether God the Son had a beginning or not?

An example of what I have said from the beginning.  God sent his Son.  His Sons journey had a beginning which would be appropriately called coming out of God. Why do you not understand my speech?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

23 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

An example of what I have said from the beginning.  God sent his Son.  His Sons journey had a beginning which would be appropriately called coming out of God. Why do you not understand my speech?

Honestly your language is not clear at all.  And I don't see how any of that is an answer to my question about what His ascension had to do with whether God the Son had a beginning or not.

What are you referring to when you say "Christ's ascension" ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

3 hours ago, gdemoss said:

God is God.  There is none other beside God.  Jesus came out of God.  The Holy Spirit came out of God.  The two afore mentioned are representatives that declare the Father without err.  The only thing that matters is God.

The need to define the triunity of God in the past has done a lot of damage in me due to the inherant nature of my flesh to through the pride of life.  It hasn't much of anything to do with preaching the good news to the poor so that they too may have a relationship with God the Father through Jesus his only begotton son.

Just as was said in the OP when John admitted that the topic normally brings about debate and strife, it doesn't really edify but rather divides brethren.  How does it help the whore to stop whoring?  Or keep the drunkard sober?  Does it somehow aid the theif to stop stealing?  

How does it minister to the hearts of the broken?

In my ministry work I take inventory of the persons condition. Many do not know if God exists much less whether God had any children.  They are separated from God entirely.  Many more believe in God but have a vast many questions about God.  All of which pertain to the morality of God.  Never the trinity.  Then there are those who believe in God and in the Son but have an impotent Jesus who is truly not Lord of Lords and King of Kings.  Jesus does not really help them with anything.  He will only be there supposedly at the judgment to wave them in after they die.

I teach those I minister to that they need God.  God begins working in their hearts preparing them for the day he will reveal his Son unto them.  None can know that Jesus is the Christ except God reveal this to them.  But I minister and they grow.  When the time is right God reveals more unto them.  I watch as whores, drug addicts, drunkards, theives and liars lives are restored by bringing them to God.  They eventually call upon Him by name, Jehovah is Salvation, or Jesus which is the same.

Is a working knowledge of the trinity really what we need to spend our time doing?  Haven't we enough people unsaved and dying who need our ministering?

We were warned to push away from the table and get out into the field because the harvest is ripe yet more and more are dying everyday not having known God, nor His Son or tasted the love, joy and peace of the Spirit of eternal life.  If we are not careful we become those who love long robes and attention over restored lost people.

Hi Gary,

I'm trying to figure out what you mean when you say:

God is God.  There is none other beside God.  Jesus came out of God.  The Holy Spirit came out of God.  The two afore mentioned are representatives that declare the Father without err.  The only thing that matters is God.

You're not saying God was here first ? Jesus and the Holy Spirit were always there at the same time from the beginning..

John 1:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

gdemoss

I understand you.

John 16:27   For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

25 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hi Gary,

I'm trying to figure out what you mean when you say:

You're not saying God was here first ? Jesus and the Holy Spirit were always there at the same time from the beginning..

John 1:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

angels4u

I believe Gary was recalling these scriptures, and I understood what he was speaking about because I recalled them too;  It's a tricky one.

Isaiah 43:11   I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 44:6   Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:8   Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:5   I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6   That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:21   Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Bless you gdemoss for your good conversation in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Question is does the Word God cover the same thing in it's usage in this sentence, or does it say as later in John that Jesus was in the form of God and was with God (The Father).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

17 hours ago, Sister said:

gdemoss

I understand you.

John 16:27   For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Thank you for being a witness that what I was saying could be understood.  You are correct in all your assessments of tge things I shared in this thread.  We agree as one and THAT makes me HAPPY!

Littleflower:  I am sorry that I fail to be able to communicate what I was saying to you in a meaningful way. 

On 20/1/2016 at 8:54 PM, other one said:

Question is does the Word God cover the same thing in it's usage in this sentence, or does it say as later in John that Jesus was in the form of God and was with God (The Father).

other one

It says that God's "Word" became flesh.  Not God.

God's Word which was inside him, he brought  forth out of himself and placed his Word next to himself.  It's still God speaking through "his" own Word.  He made a mirror image of himself simply by placing his Word from A to B.   From inside him to next to him.  His Word is so powerful, he wants his Word to have glory all on it's own. (I'm trying hard not to use the word "it", but that's hard when explaining)

So when the Word speaks, it's really God speaking.  Everything God spoke into existence is through his Word.  He would later turn his Word into flesh,... that same Word, so his Word can receive even more glory.  We know his Word when transformed into flesh was called "Jesus Christ".  In Revelation Christ is called "The Word of God".

It's so simple, and many get offended when I explain this.  I don't understand why? 

God's Word is always with him and was never without him.  When God said that he did everything alone and there is no one beside him, he says this because his Word belongs to him, and is a part of him and no one else.