IGNORED

Could America (NYC) be the great harlot...

Spock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn,

thamks, but I can't buy  this interpretation .......for now. I'm more comfortable with mine. Yours sounds too intellectual (man made). Besides, The spirit in me is not jumping up for joy telling me YES, YES, YESSSSSS!  

Dont hate me for being honest, even brutally honest like I was. 

Now having said that, your interpretation could be right. I'm no expert and don't have all knowledge, that is for sure. 

Your bro,

spock

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

56b0112a0e569_EntrancetoruinsofBabylon..

I wouldn't call this one little wall set up in the surrounding desert being  brought to life.  Lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Spock said:

I wouldn't call this one little wall set up in the surrounding desert being  brought to life.  Lol

Hi Spock,

I wouldn`t either, except there is much more behind that little ole wall that has been rebuilt. The UN has made this project a high priority & is investing millions of dollars into it. It has been going on for many years now. So while the `ancient site of Babylon` is being rebuilt, many tourists are going there. Then of course they need the infrastructure to accommodate them. Thus the `city` grows bigger & bigger. And as this site is of great historical significance to the world, then 1,000`s upon 1,000`s of people will want to go there, have their business there etc, etc.

You can go on utube & see updates of the progress of the building of the ancient site. The main city its self is already functioning.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

I wouldn`t either, except there is much more behind that little ole wall that has been rebuilt. The UN has made this project a high priority & is investing millions of dollars into it. It has been going on for many years now. So while the `ancient site of Babylon` is being rebuilt, many tourists are going there. Then of course they need the infrastructure to accommodate them. Thus the `city` grows bigger & bigger. And as this site is of great historical significance to the world, then 1,000`s upon 1,000`s of people will want to go there, have their business there etc, etc.

You can go on utube & see updates of the progress of the building of the ancient site. The main city its self is already functioning.

Marilyn.

Babylon Iraq is way way too far inland to be Mystery Babylon.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, other one said:

Babylon Iraq is way way too far inland to be Mystery Babylon.

We should never confuse Mystery Babylon with the Great City of Babylon. One is a political-religious system led by Satan and the Antichrist. The other is a great city in Iraq (formerly Babylonia).  As to "inland", there is nothing to stop a channel from the Persian Gulf through the Tigris-Euphrates river systems to Babylon giving full access to the seas beyond.

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

We should never confuse Mystery Babylon with the Great City of Babylon. One is a political-religious system led by Satan and the Antichrist. The other is a great city in Iraq (formerly Babylonia).  As to "inland", there is nothing to stop a channel from the Persian Gulf through the Tigris-Euphrates river systems to Babylon giving full access to the seas beyond.

it would be very difficult for me to envision ships and ship captains standing a far off for fear...    Babylon is about 300 miles from the gulf.  Maybe I don't understand.

23 minutes ago, other one said:

it would be very difficult for me to envision ships and ship captains standing a far off for fear...    Babylon is about 300 miles from the gulf.  Maybe I don't understand.

Hi other one,

I was hoping Spock would ask that question, but obviously he is asleep. So glad you thought of that `problem.` You said, `Babylon Iraq is way way too far inland to be Mystery Babylon.` And Ezra replied -

`We should never confuse Mystery Babylon with the Great City of Babylon. One is a political-religious system led by Satan and the Antichrist. The other is a great city in Iraq (formerly Babylonia).  As to "inland", there is nothing to stop a channel from the Persian Gulf through the Tigris-Euphrates river systems to Babylon giving full access to the seas beyond. `

And the interesting thing is that there is a channel part way up from the Persian Gulf already. There is a massive piece of hydrological engineering east of Basra. Iraq has built a huge water- barrier between Iran & Iraq 50 kilometres long by 10 kilometres wide & it is still growing. The Karkheh & Karun Rivers have been diverted & the salt lakes drained into the system. And all this was back in 1990. So would be interesting to see how much further Iraq has come over the last 25 years.

Marilyn.

16 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi other one,

I was hoping Spock would ask that question, but obviously he is asleep. So glad you thought of that `problem.` You said, `Babylon Iraq is way way too far inland to be Mystery Babylon.` And Ezra replied -

`We should never confuse Mystery Babylon with the Great City of Babylon. One is a political-religious system led by Satan and the Antichrist. The other is a great city in Iraq (formerly Babylonia).  As to "inland", there is nothing to stop a channel from the Persian Gulf through the Tigris-Euphrates river systems to Babylon giving full access to the seas beyond. `

And the interesting thing is that there is a channel part way up from the Persian Gulf already. There is a massive piece of hydrological engineering east of Basra. Iraq has built a huge water- barrier between Iran & Iraq 50 kilometres long by 10 kilometres wide & it is still growing. The Karkheh & Karun Rivers have been diverted & the salt lakes drained into the system. And all this was back in 1990. So would be interesting to see how much further Iraq has come over the last 25 years.

Marilyn.

Have you looked on Google earth.

1 hour ago, other one said:

Have you looked on Google earth.

Hi other one,

No I haven`t, but that is a good idea. You are probably more up with that than I am.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

If mystery Babylon were literally going to be where the original city of Babylon was, it wouldn't be called a mystery in the prophecy.  However, I do not agree that NYC is the location of mystery Babylon because I don't see her as the source of the things mentioned in the opening post, even though it does appear to fit the description in some respects.