IGNORED

Could America (NYC) be the great harlot...

Spock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, other one said:

Have you looked on Google earth.

Have you?  What does it look like? 

Guest Teditis
13 hours ago, Sister said:

Teditis

None?

Read these scriptures and tell me that Babylon the Great does not describe trade and commerce of the whole world? All the merchandise does not just come out of America.  The whole world is trading.  The whole world will be judged.  Do you think the world will be crying for the USA when Christ returns?  I think every man will be crying about his own possessions which he has laboured for all his life and gone in one hour.  The judgement is on the whole world.  Christ called us to come out of Babylon, Satan's city, the land of the material.  Men have worshiped material things that don't last, and not God.

Revelation 18:10   Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:11   And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

Revelation 18:12   The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

Revelation 18:13   And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Revelation 18:14   And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

Revelation 18:15   The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

Revelation 18:16   And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

Revelation 18:17   For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:18   And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

Revelation 18:19   And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation 18:20   Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

I can see aspects of America in these verses but nothing concrete.

There are a few countries (and their cities) that are on the rise while America

seems to be on the decline and perhaps soon to be insignificant in global affairs.

Chances are (imho), that America will dwindle down and fail economically as well

as from moral decay... not burn out or up as verse 18 implies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

Have you?  What does it look like? 

i don't remember ever looking....   lets check it out.    Search "Ancient Babylon, Mahaweel, Babil, Iraq" to find it.   Resolution is not very good, but it is better developed than I expected.

I can't see that as a global headquarters though.  especially with the turmoil going on in the whole region.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

I can see aspects of America in these verses but nothing concrete.

There are a few countries (and their cities) that are on the rise while America

seems to be on the decline and perhaps soon to be insignificant in global affairs.

Chances are (imho), that America will dwindle down and fail economically as well

as from moral decay... not burn out or up as verse 18 implies.

Thank you Teditis for explaining that.

It's that whole system we have today that will be destroyed.  When the Millennium starts, Christ will bring in a new system, a fair one.  Buying and selling will still go on, but it will be based on Christ's laws, which are fair.  Not the laws of today where the rich control most of the merchandise, overcharging the poor, etc etc, with all that greed that goes around.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Spock said:

Mevosper,

I'm sorry this thread has bummed you out, but maybe you should have avoided this thread if this kind of talk annoys you so much. 

Some of us are merely trying to interpret scripture.  God did move men to write it and told us to read his word, so no need to get annoyed at that. Although I agree, sometimes the word can be disturbing to take in. 

I do appreciate any insight or thoughts you may add concerning rev 17/18 though. (I see you added some too.)

thanks,

spock

Yep, a perfect example of Christianity today (in America) :rolleyes:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, Spock said:

it is no secret that the Illuminati also lust after control of the Temple Mount, in order to celebrate his appearance (probably the abomination of desolation).  And in fact, one of their agendas is to usher in a one world religion with the POPE as the leader.  I'm thinking maybe the Pope will become unnecessary when the AC does his abomination thing. 

You can't write this stuff any better folks! 

And it is no secret about the vast power the Masons have inside the Vatican, and how many priests are satanists. Or about the close Nazi links to the last two popes. Or having the first "black (i.e. Jesuit) pope." But I agree that at some point "the pope will become unnecessary" to the NWO, and then Rome will be burned with fire and the pope and his clerics will be slaughtered, as so many Catholics themselves have seen in visions.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, other one said:

If you read Revelation Chapter  13 it paraphrases into "I'm going to throw you under the bus, but I'll make it up to you later." While we do win in the end, the trip there is not a lot of fun....

To quote Tonto, "What you mean WE...?"

Some will go through the Wrath, but the elect/chosen won't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

To quote Tonto, "What you mean WE...?"

Some will go through the Wrath, but the elect/chosen won't.

Yeah, I know.?  The beast will kill most before God's wrath

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Right.  But what does Scripture say ?  What has happened in/ to America  and its churches ? ((not even counting the "bless me" ones ...... rather all the others  besides them))

What has happened in America today is the people have allowed their government to be usurped by bank, religious, and political imposters. We've allowed our rights to be taken, we've allowed our Constitution to be turned into "just a piece of paper". I could go on and on with this.

This does not mean Revelation 17 is talking about America, though. The kingdom of Israel back in the OT were just as (if not more so) promiscuous (spiritually speaking) than America today. Here are a few things that would OT Israel fit in the Revelation 17 outline as well:

1. Just as Marilyn C pointed out, the Temple priests also wore purple and scarlet (Ex 28:8).
  2. God, through the prophets condemns Israel and Judah for their whoredoms (2 Chr 21:13, Jer3)
  3. Ezekiel 16 is a great story of how God found Israel and made a covenant with her, then how she played the harlot.
  4. God declares that he will cause all Israel's "lovers" to hate her (vs Ez 16:37-43). Compare with Rev 17:16.
  5. Peter and John in Acts 4 were teaching in the temple, and 5000 men believed. They were then brought before the high priests "council" to be questioned. When Peter and John returned to their own company, they worshipped God and proclaimed that the "kings of the earth" stood up against the Lord and against his Christ. Pontius Pilate and Herod are also named as gathering together against the Lord. compare Rev 17:14.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, mevosper said:

What has happened in America today is the people have allowed their government to be usurped by bank, religious, and political imposters. We've allowed our rights to be taken, we've allowed our Constitution to be turned into "just a piece of paper". I could go on and on with this.

This does not mean Revelation 17 is talking about America, though. The kingdom of Israel back in the OT were just as (if not more so) promiscuous (spiritually speaking) than America today. Here are a few things that would OT Israel fit in the Revelation 17 outline as well:

1. Just as Marilyn C pointed out, the Temple priests also wore purple and scarlet (Ex 28:8).
  2. God, through the prophets condemns Israel and Judah for their whoredoms (2 Chr 21:13, Jer3)
  3. Ezekiel 16 is a great story of how God found Israel and made a covenant with her, then how she played the harlot.
  4. God declares that he will cause all Israel's "lovers" to hate her (vs Ez 16:37-43). Compare with Rev 17:16.
  5. Peter and John in Acts 4 were teaching in the temple, and 5000 men believed. They were then brought before the high priests "council" to be questioned. When Peter and John returned to their own company, they worshipped God and proclaimed that the "kings of the earth" stood up against the Lord and against his Christ. Pontius Pilate and Herod are also named as gathering together against the Lord. compare Rev 17:14.

Yeah, I agree.  The US government has become a joke.  I believe it's broken beyond repair, at least until a total collapse comes so it could be re-built properly, even though I don't expect that to happen either, because it will join the global government beast.

But we must remember Daniel warned about the fourth and final beast, which was Rome, devouring the entire earth, treading it down and breaking it in pieces.  But in the end, all nations will be gathered against Israel.  Therefore, if we start expecting Israel to fulfill this prophecy, we are travelling on a dead end road.  All roads lead to Rome.

Cheers