IGNORED

Is there such thing as a lukewarm Christian (a Christian, not a churchgoer)?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

13 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I know there are tares, I know there are self-deluded people. My question is there a person, who has saving faith, who is lukewarm. Can a person actually grasp what God has done for him/her, in Christ, and lack enthusiasm about it?

i doubt it. cause we are made alive be christ and a renewing Spirit starts working in us and we keep growing if we have good soil. But there is the sower imagery we are given. you know the one? the seed planted on rocks, and the seed the bird steal and the seed with no root.

You know what though. I might not be understanding your question cause there is also seasons christians go through. Some times the work is growing our roots and there is no sign of life. But, the fig tree got cursed for appearing to have fruit but it was barren in the season it should of had fruit. So i still don't know what your asking. I'd say just keep clinging to Christ or tell a burned out brother or sister to just keep clinging to Christ.

might totally be off topic. In John I think. there was a lot of people following Jesus and he said somethings that were hard to understand. Everyone that was following Him took off except His disciples. Jesus looked at His disciples (they couldn't understand the things he said at that time either) Jesus ask them if they were gonna leave too? One of the Disciples said, "where would we go? No one else has the words of eternal life". I think alot of times in our walk we just don't understand what he's saying yet, but we know we have no where else to go so we stay till we receive the revelations which ignites us again.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

biblehub.com/john/6-66    From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. ... Thereupon many of His disciples left Him and went away, and no longer ...

A little later((between then,up to, and including Pentecost)), He Breathed on His disciples who stayed with Him, and their minds were opened,

and/or the Father in heaven REVEALED to them, as to PETER, all Truth that they RECEIVED from Him.

Including that Yahshua is the Messiah come in the flesh !

((most people then and TODAY reject the MESSIAH and oppose His disciples))

- even that knowledge REQUIRED the Father GRANT IT FROM HEAVEN.((it was never gained/grasped by study or human effort; same lesson TODAY))

SO,  HIS OWN DISCIPLES left him, besides also the religious teachers who believed He is the Christ, but they LOVED THE APPROVAL OF MEN more than  the APPROVAL OF GOD,  so they refused to confess Jesus.  Woe to them,

they all will perish, unless they likewise repent((as in the example JEESUS gave of the people who perished under the tower at SILOAM/Luke 13)).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

My question is there a person, who has saving faith, who is lukewarm. Can a person actually grasp what God has done for him/her, in Christ, and lack enthusiasm about it?

There's people in many places who are even respected long time church members, regular or not, 

who claim to have faith in Jesus, 

but refuse to do what He says.

First John exposes the Truth of this.

Their teachers will bear a stronger judgment for not showing them the Truth, for not living as Christ says,

but they will suffer also.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

14 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I know there are tares, I know there are self-deluded people. My question is there a person, who has saving faith, who is lukewarm. Can a person actually grasp what God has done for him/her, in Christ, and lack enthusiasm about it?

Yes, I believe that can happen.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Isn't "saving faith" and "lukewarm" a contradiction? 

In Revelation 3:14-21 God describes the "lukewarm" heart. He speaks of the attitude of the Laodicea Church. The letter to the Church of Laodicea is the harshest of all the seven letters. If a person lacks enthusiasm for Christ I would question their born again status. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

You don't have to go to church to on fire for the Lord, so your premise if flawed.

That is very true.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

You don't have to go to church to on fire for the Lord, so your premise if flawed

There was no premise, your understanding of what I said, is flawed! I  was only acknowledging, that being a Christian and going to church, are separate things. Most Christians probably go to church. Most Christians would be naturally interested in the things of God and they love thier family, their brothers and sisters in Christ. Church (the place) is something Christians do. Like other things that Christians do (charity, prayer, read the Bible), it is not what makes them a Christian. Other people, non-Christians, can pray, study, go to church, and give generously.

I am acknowledging that there is a difference, between those who call themselves Christians, and those who have saving faith, those who have a real relationship with God, because of the Son.

I cannot back this up, but if I had to make a guess, I would think that maybe 20% of the people who attend church where I attend church, are actually saved, but of course, only God knows what the real number is. That 20% guess, is twice as high as I have had for other churches I have attended, and I only attend churches which have sound teaching, Bible based, and demonstrate their committment to the things of God, by feeding and clothing the unfortuneate, put effort and resources into local and global outreach, have open finacial records.

Anyway, my real question is just "Can a genuine Christian be lukewarm?" If any implication should be taken from that, it would be in the form of other questions: "If you are lukewarm, are you confident that you are saved? If so, based on what?"

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

7 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

Lukewarm Christians can occur in the save or lost. Simply put they have one foot in with God and other foot with the World You need to stand fast in the faith. All in with both feet.  I believe you can serve the Lord with no enthusiasm which is Sin. Whatsoever that's not of faith is sin.  Be not WEARY(lack of enthusiasm) of we'll doing because in due season ye shall reap if ye FAINT not. At this dispensation we are in the Final Ladicoen (lukewarm) church age. 

You and I have different understandings. To me, it is the Christians who are saved, and there are no lost among them. They may not even call themselves Christians. Then there are those who call themselves Christians, but are not children of God, through Christ, they, are unsaved, lost, and it does not matter what they call themselves. Going to church, and calling myself a Christian does not make be a Christian, any more than going into my garage and claiming to be a car, makes me a car.