Sister

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I think saying seven times represents the time when He plans to come for the afflicted.

“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
    I will now arise,” says the Lord.
    “I will protect them from those who malign them.”
And the words of the Lord are flawless,
    like silver purified in a crucible,
    like gold refined seven times." (Psalm 12:5-6).  

He is essentially saying when He will come for them.  

Therefore, His words are purifying an offering, so to speak, seven times before He will come for the afflicted and those who are suffering because because of deception, flattering lips, lies to their neighbor, arrogance (Psalm 12:1-4).  

" There will be terrible times in the last days.  People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive,disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,  treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people," (2 Timothy 3:1-5).  

His words could represent the words of Christ and the message of the gospel, which is refined seven times before He returns.

I think it is possible that this even is referring to the seals and the trumpets as the method of refining seven times before His return.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

On 3/9/2016 at 8:47 AM, Sister said:

I've put this in the eschatology section because I think this is where it belongs.

Psalms 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Does anyone know how God purified his words seven times?

He had no reason to and He didn't.  This psalm does NOT say that God purified His words seven times; It clearly says His words are AS silver that is purified seven times.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Psalms 12:1   Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

Psalms 12:2   They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Psalms 12:3   The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

Psalms 12:4   Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?

Psalms 12:5   For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

Psalms 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 12:7   Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 12:8   The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

3 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

I think saying seven times represents the time when He plans to come for the afflicted.

“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
    I will now arise,” says the Lord.
    “I will protect them from those who malign them.”
And the words of the Lord are flawless,
    like silver purified in a crucible,
    like gold refined seven times." (Psalm 12:5-6).  

He is essentially saying when He will come for them.  

Therefore, His words are purifying an offering, so to speak, seven times before He will come for the afflicted and those who are suffering because because of deception, flattering lips, lies to their neighbor, arrogance (Psalm 12:1-4).  

" There will be terrible times in the last days.  People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive,disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,  treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people," (2 Timothy 3:1-5).  

His words could represent the words of Christ and the message of the gospel, which is refined seven times before He returns.

I think it is possible that this even is referring to the seals and the trumpets as the method of refining seven times before His return.   

I like this answer.  We are getting closer.  Your explanation does not hit the bulls-eye, but you are getting close to the answer.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

On 3/9/2016 at 10:46 AM, Sister said:

How can it be proven that God's word was purified not once, or twice, but seven times?

What a contrast between the vain words of man, and the pure words of GOD. Man's words are yea and nay, but the Lord's promises are yea and amen. For truth, certainty, holiness, faithfulness, the words of the Lord are pure as well refined silver. In the original there is an allusion to the most severely purifying process known to the ancients, through which silver was passed when the greatest possible purity was desired; the dross was all consumed, and only the bright and precious metal remained; so clear and free from all alloy of error or unfaithfulness is the book of the words of the Lord. The Bible has passed through the furnace of persecution, literary criticism, philosophic doubt, and scientific discovery, and has lost nothing but those human interpretations which clung to it as alloy to precious ore. The experience of saints has tried it in every conceivable manner, but not a single doctrine or promise has been consumed in the most excessive heat.

Job said this;

Job 12:11   Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I think your answer is that Jesus Christ was crucified 7 times.  That would really purify His death.

Your question is a pure distraction and thus is baseless.

In Christ

Montana Marv

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

I think your answer is that Jesus Christ was crucified 7 times.  That would really purify His death.

Your question is a pure distraction and thus is baseless.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montana Marv

Why would I think that?  Where did that come from?

Psalms 18:30   As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalms 78:1   Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

Proverbs 1:23   Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Proverbs 4:20   My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.