IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Butero said:

Yes, that is what the fool said.  That is not what the Bible is saying.  Having read that stupid accusation from you and the way you are perverting scripture, I would have to concur with Manuel that you are clearly a heretic. 

I am trying to show the "points" the KJV Only make. The KJV does say word for word there is no God, does it not? it is a simple yes or no.

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

It states that the fool said there is no God.  It doesn't say there is no God.  You have no point.  Context matters. 

you can't even answer a question correctly. Are you saying I am a "fool?"

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

By the way, I am still waiting on your 30,000 changes to the text, because I suspect that the vast majority are spelling of words.  Feel free to number them.  I would also point out that this entire argument about so-called revisions has zero to do with the translation.  You just had the Bible published many times over.  That is no different than a book being published in 1970, and then a new edition is published in 1973, 1978 and 1984 because it continues to sell.  The text is the same.  There could be typos due to publishing errors, but it is not a different book, and neither are all of these so called revisions to the KJV Bible.  This is nothing but propaganda from a false prophet.

You funny! OK you say the KJV is the "perfect" bible as you say then answer me this: why did it have the apocrypha in it and why was it removed? The apocrypha was originally included.... so should that remain? and Since it was taken out would that not mean it is not so "perfect" just by the logic you use?

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I realize this states there is no God, but I wouldn't use that quote to say the ESV says there is no God.  For me to do that, I would have to be a liar who is trying to twist something they didn't say in order to attack the ESV.  I wouldn't dream of doing that, because I don't have to make things up.  There is enough legitimate issues with the translation where I don't have to make up false accusations like that. 

Are you saying that I am a fool for stating the KJV says word for word there is no God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

5 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

Amen praise the Lord john and 1st john are the lost world favorite books for One reason!  it's all about Gods love. FYI its about Gods love for the saved not the lost. My favorite book is Romans because its about his Wrath and obedience toward him. Which one is God? Both of them God is love but hes not a huge carebear in heaven wanting to hug everyone.! HIS WRATH IS COMING SOON! Know your God! Know who you worship how can you do that by reading different Bible daily? 

Brother if you truly read Romans you would know it is one of the richest books declaring Gods love and grace. That wrath you are so proud of and enamored with? God said everyone of us are guilty. Romans is where we get the greatest of biblical truth which is God justifying the hellbound sinner who trust Christ,  apart from any work or merit on his part. If all you see is wrath in Romans, then you really miss the entire theme.

"Romans 5:7-8 NIV
Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. [8] But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

2 hours ago, Butero said:

If you are saying there is no God, you are most certainly a fool, but I haven't heard you say that.

Again the KJV says word for word there is no God. Plain and simple.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

5 hours ago, Butero said:

There is a problem with your argument here.  I have more than one modern English translation, and they both leave out or include different verses of scripture.  If you were correct in what you say, they would all include the exact same verses and leave out the exact same verses.  This can lead to only one conclusion.  Assuming they all used the critical text as their starting point, and assuming that they would therefore only include verses in the critical text, that means some of the modern translations added verses to the text.  Either way you go, I have you, because they are not consistent in what they are using. 

I don’t know what differences you are referring to, but it does not surprise me that there might be some. Contrary to what you say, the modern translations do not all start with the same critical text. And even those using the same text might not prefer the same variant readings within the text. Therefore there are bound to be differences. No mystery in it.

Conversely, those differences prove there is no devil-inspired conspiracy against the KJV. If there were, the modern translations would be more consistent so as to put up a united front against the KJV. I was surprised you brought up those differences, because I think they dent your case rather than help it.   

That said, what IS common among the modern translations is that they do NOT start with the TR as their base text and therefore they cannot be accused of REMOVING verses from the TR/KJV. The latter gives the impression of ulterior motive or a hidden agenda when in fact there is none.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 25 April 2016 at 9:06 PM, Deborah_ said:

Check out the facts first before spreading slander. For example:

"Sought counsel from a lesbian in the translation of I Corinth 6:9 making it ambiguously pro-gay"

"Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.... will inherit the kingdom of God."

Um... I'm sorry, but I don't see anything ambiguous or 'pro-gay' about that. 

6 hours ago, Butero said:

I didn't make that accusation about the NIV being pro-gay.  I said they were wrong in translating a word.  It should be effeminate, not a man that has sex with another man.  As a matter of fact, the person that said the NIV was "pro-gay" actually said another verse was altered to be pro-gay, not the one you mentioned.  I have nothing to do with that argument, so you need to ask him about it.  I am just saying that the verse in 1 Corinthians 6:9 is a clear example of a mistranslation by the NIV on something important. 

I included, word for word, the original accusation. It definitely specifies I Corinthians 6:9. 

The charge is unsubstantiated. 

As to whether the NIV is a mistranslation, that's your opinion against the opinion of expert Greek scholars. I'll go with the experts, unless you can produce some evidence to back your opinion up. It's quite possible that the word 'effeminate' has changed its meaning and connotations in the last 400 years - in which case, we could both be right.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

As to whether the NIV is a mistranslation, that's your opinion against the opinion of expert Greek scholars. I'll go with the experts, unless you can produce some evidence to back your opinion up. It's quite possible that the word 'effeminate' has changed its meaning and connotations in the last 400 years - in which case, we could both be right.

NT:3120

NT:3120
malako/$
 malakos (mal-ak-os'); of uncertain affinity; soft, i.e. fine (clothing); figuratively, a catamite:

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

8 hours ago, saved34 said:

Brother if you truly read Romans you would know it is one of the richest books declaring Gods love and grace. That wrath you are so proud of and enamored with? God said everyone of us are guilty. Romans is where we get the greatest of biblical truth which is God justifying the hellbound sinner who trust Christ,  apart from any work or merit on his part. If all you see is wrath in Romans, then you really miss the entire theme.

"Romans 5:7-8 NIV

Im not your brother I dont read from the NIV im not a Catholic anymore. In the KJV version Romans is a bit different than the NIV

LORD Jesus will tell you all about in the Great White throne 

Rom  1:18  For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;   

"DOES THE NIV SAY LOVE INSTEAD OF WRATH