IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, ccfromsc said:

Ok which bible? Which VERSION of the KJV?The one in 1611 or one of the revisions in 1613, 1629, 1638, 1644, 1664, 1701, 1744, 1762, 1769, or the last one in 1850? Please specify which one. 

Av1611 THE ONLY Bible from Antioch Textus Receptus thats not from Alexandria Nor endorsed from the Catholic Church 

12 hours ago, saved34 said:

A heretick? Really? 

A heretik after first and second admonition REJECT! Which is what im doing to a NIV user like you. Your saved,?  keep telling yourself that. As a man thinketh in his heart so is he. God will grant you that delusion 

Spirit of Slumber 

Edited by manuelf324

11 hours ago, Butero said:

Brother, I really do appreciate you being here and standing up for the KJV Bible.  You have really added to the debate with the things you posted to defend the KJV Bible.  I don't mean this in any bad way, but striving over avatars won't help our cause.  I do believe that defending modern translations removing part of the text or changing the text is heretical, but we need to focus on specifics.  We have plenty of them.  You brought one major change in the text I wasn't aware of concerning salvation.  Other One has a reason for his owl avatar.  It is an owl that means something to him, and I know he didn't mean to promote evil with it, anymore than my dog picture has any meaning except I saw this dog in a truck sitting beside me and thought it made a neat photo, especially since I am a truck driver. 

Lets stay focused on showing the issues with the modern translations.  We have the truth on our side.  That is why I am confident we will win.  It is amazing how ignorant people are about the contents of the Bible.  Take that accusation about it being legalism to stand for the KJV Bible.  That is utter rubbish, but the average person would fall for that nonsense.  People really believe that Jesus attacked the Pharisees for being legalists, and that Jesus broke the law of Moses.  They don't even have enough knowledge of scripture to realize how preposterous that is, considering that Jesus was teaching at a time when all were under the entire law of Moses, as it was before the cross.  These people are ignorant, and we can defeat them, but we must do so using the facts, as you started out doing.  Don't let people pull you into personal attacks.  We must be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 

God bless, and please take this in the way it was intended.  I really do appreciate your jumping into this debate. 

Amen Praise the Lord 

First it's was an observation about the avatar the owl molech is a baal God. Some love to argue its a sign of a False convert Second im actually saved I know why im here Glorify God through Jesus Christ not to be a Lukewarm Cafeteria Christian. 

Lastly the Pharisee much like most Christians today wanted to be their own  God's They follow the law as long as it suited their interests If they followed the whole law much like we must OBEY the WHOLE Bible even the offensive parts. They would have accepted Jesus. Jesus said if you believed in Moses you would have believed in me. The pharisee much like all the false convert are still falling for this lie

Ye shall be as Gods knowing Good and evil.

MY GOD IS A DICTATOR 

He is either with me or against. me This isn't a debate or compromise im not apologizing  im obeying my Lord 

45 Rom  6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to OBEY , his servants ye are to whom ye OBEY whether of sin unto death, or of OBEDIENCE  unto righteousness?

We forget God loves his son alot more than us HE WILL DAMN YOU TO HELL OUT OF LOVE FOR HIS SON. 

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and KNOWETH  me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, JUDGMENT  and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD

12036837_545351495618128_6779279424133278381_n.jpg

People-in-hell.jpg

Edited by manuelf324

12 hours ago, Butero said:

Brother, I really do appreciate you being here and standing up for the KJV Bible.  You have really added to the debate with the things you posted to defend the KJV Bible.  I don't mean this in any bad way, but striving over avatars won't help our cause.  I do believe that defending modern translations removing part of the text or changing the text is heretical, but we need to focus on specifics.  We have plenty of them.  You brought one major change in the text I wasn't aware of concerning salvation.  Other One has a reason for his owl avatar.  It is an owl that means something to him, and I know he didn't mean to promote evil with it, anymore than my dog picture has any meaning except I saw this dog in a truck sitting beside me and thought it made a neat photo, especially since I am a truck driver. 

Lets stay focused on showing the issues with the modern translations.  We have the truth on our side.  That is why I am confident we will win.  It is amazing how ignorant people are about the contents of the Bible.  Take that accusation about it being legalism to stand for the KJV Bible.  That is utter rubbish, but the average person would fall for that nonsense.  People really believe that Jesus attacked the Pharisees for being legalists, and that Jesus broke the law of Moses.  They don't even have enough knowledge of scripture to realize how preposterous that is, considering that Jesus was teaching at a time when all were under the entire law of Moses, as it was before the cross.  These people are ignorant, and we can defeat them, but we must do so using the facts, as you started out doing.  Don't let people pull you into personal attacks.  We must be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 

God bless, and please take this in the way it was intended.  I really do appreciate your jumping into this debate. 

KJV Rom  1:29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, DEBATE , deceit, malignity; whisperers,   

Debate is a sin it's explaining away absolute truth public debate. THE ONLY DEBATE THATS SCRIPTURAL IS A PRIVATE ONE ON ONE DEBATE

KJV Prv  25:9 Debate thy cause with thy neighbour HIMSELF  and discover not a secret to another:

IAM FOR PEACE BUT WHEN I SPEAK IT'S MEANT FOR WAR

Tested and proven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

33 minutes ago, Butero said:

Not all Greek scholars agree with you.  Anyway, here is my evidence. 

The Greek word in question is malakos, and it means soft, i.e. fine (clothing); fig. a catamite: effeminate, soft.  How you take that and come up with a man who has sex with other men is beyond me.  It has a much broader meaning than that. 

And a catamite is... a man who has sex with other men.

I guess the problem with translating it as 'effeminate' these days is that, in modern English, 'effeminate' has no correlation with who you're having sex with. So a modern man could easily assume that it's OK to be gay so long as you're not effeminate.

This is one of the pitfalls with translation; no language can be translated into another without some slight alteration in meaning. Which is why the Greek scholars may well disagree on the best rendering, and why in this instance we can both consider ourselves to be 'right'. 

57 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

And a catamite is... a man who has sex with other men.

I guess the problem with translating it as 'effeminate' these days is that, in modern English, 'effeminate' has no correlation with who you're having sex with. So a modern man could easily assume that it's OK to be gay so long as you're not effeminate.

This is one of the pitfalls with translation; no language can be translated into another without some slight alteration in meaning. Which is why the Greek scholars may well disagree on the best rendering, and why in this instance we can both consider ourselves to be 'right'. 

57 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

1Tim  6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,   Ignorance is bliss

Alexandrian Scribes Bible scholar correctors which you are you dont want me to quote you? STOP BLASPHEMING MY LORDS HOLY BOOK!ITS 400 YRS OLD AND COUNTING FOR A REASON. ITS MY ASSURANCE FOR SALVATION

Guest Teditis

Assurance of Salvation shouldn't be found in the KJV of the Bible.... nor any other.

It's found in Christ alone.

It's been my experience that this is very common with KJV-only people... they're so

focused on the version that it's become their god... they idolize it.

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

Assurance of Salvation shouldn't be found in the KJV of the Bible.... nor any other.

It's found in Christ alone.

Which Christ are you referring to? The mormons, Catholic, new agers, even Muslim have a Christ. They call Christ the Word in the KJV of course they make it word lower case w in most of the Catholic bibles. How do I know him if their are,80 Bibles out there? Jesus said if you love me keep my words. How can I do that if I dont know which one is TRULY HIS? My Lord Jesus loves me enough to communicate to  me through his book. He's not the author of confusion clearly your Christ is! 

I dont correct or read the KJV it reads and correct me! ! ! . Convicts me of my sin THATS WHY PEOPLE FEAR IT AND ATTACK IT! ! ! 

It's been my experience that this is very common with KJV-only people... they're so

focused on the version that it's become their god... they idolize it.

Edited by manuelf324

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

One thing I have to say is WOW what a post.

I use the KJV just because Dad got it for me many years ago, so long ago it may have been before versions. To study you will need to look at many versions and translation Hebrew, Greek mainly. But still that's not enough the spirit will need to give us understanding. Ok a tree all may say that its a tree many may even give its growth size but unless the spirit tells us that its a nation in Gods eyes we just see tree in ours eyes.

Guest Teditis

I've never heard of people who hold to one version only except KJV-only folks.

So the argument doesn't seem to go both ways at all...

Furthermore KJV-only folks seem to get irate about the subject and attack others

like Manuelf324 has been doing... turning a thread about a recommendation into a

crusade about something else.

I can understand strong convictions about this subject but attacking people is rather

unnecessary.