*Deidre*

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Ever since I've returned to Christianity, worldly type things don't interest me as much. Social media, such as Facebook and Instagram are really boring to me, now. And lately, I've been feeling incredibly bored with secular type message forums. Like they're all the same...a 'me me me' mentality...boring jokes and memes, married people flirting with each other, and a herd type mentality. Now we do live IN the world, but we are not OF the world, but that said...I just find areas that used to interest me, rather boring and flat, as it pales in comparison to my relationship with Christ. I guess this is what it means to finally believe 'My grace is sufficient for you.' It truly is, and at first, I felt sad that I've stopped enjoying certain websites and fields of interest, but maybe this is what peace in the Lord feels like. I no longer look to the world to complete me, or satisfy me, and it's a great feeling. Can anyone else relate to this? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yes, Deidre, I can relate to what you said.  I am SO bored with Facebook and only go there to check in with my family.  Posts by most of my 'friends' absolutely don't interest me at all.  I have a friend who posts selfies a few times every day, to show everything she's doing and even posting side by side photos of herself and JLO saying 'don't we look alike'?  She's delusional but this is the nonsense that turns me off on social media.  I'm much more interested in my eternity than who is having a burger at McDonalds.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, *Deidre* said:

Ever since I've returned to Christianity, worldly type things don't interest me as much. Social media, such as Facebook and Instagram are really boring to me, now. And lately, I've been feeling incredibly bored with secular type message forums. Like they're all the same...a 'me me me' mentality...boring jokes and memes, and a herd type mentality. Now we do live IN the world, but we are not OF the world, but that said...I just find areas that used to interest me, rather boring and flat, as it pales in comparison to my relationship with Christ. I guess this is what it means to finally believe 'My grace is sufficient for you.' It truly is, and at first, I felt sad that I've stopped enjoying certain websites and fields of interest, but maybe this is what peace in the Lord feels like. I no longer look to the world to complete me, or satisfy me, and it's a great feeling. Can anyone else relate to this? 

You are blessed!  You have Jesus.  He is your all.  The most high is your silver and gold.

You need no approval from anyone.  What are online forums or Facebook when you can go to the throne of God?

Stay in communion with God always.  He created billions of galaxies.  What can the most wealthiest , talented, intelligent man do in comparison?

Nadda! Zip!

Just remember that the closer you get to God, the more the world may mock and despise you.

Jesus said the world hates those who are not of the world.  Detatch and unplug from all that is taking you away from the one who knew you before he said "let there be light".

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.  You will know them by their fruits.

People cannot make you happy.  Look into your heart because the Holy Spirit is there to counsel you.

Take care of your body because it is the home of your spirit and His.

Blessings to you from the Father, son, and Spirit , with strength and honor, now and 4eva! :cool::emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, *Deidre* said:

Ever since I've returned to Christianity, worldly type things don't interest me as much. Social media, such as Facebook and Instagram are really boring to me, now. And lately, I've been feeling incredibly bored with secular type message forums. Like they're all the same...a 'me me me' mentality...boring jokes and memes, married people flirting with each other, and a herd type mentality. Now we do live IN the world, but we are not OF the world, but that said...I just find areas that used to interest me, rather boring and flat, as it pales in comparison to my relationship with Christ. I guess this is what it means to finally believe 'My grace is sufficient for you.' It truly is, and at first, I felt sad that I've stopped enjoying certain websites and fields of interest, but maybe this is what peace in the Lord feels like. I no longer look to the world to complete me, or satisfy me, and it's a great feeling. Can anyone else relate to this? 

That is because the Holy Spirit is working in you. It puts up an uneasy red flag feeling. There were many things that I did not think any of until several years ago.  Not anymore. But that is a good thing :) We find that we sacrifice those worldly things for our Christianity

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, Deidre, I can relate to what you said.  I am SO bored with Facebook and only go there to check in with my family.  Posts by most of my 'friends' absolutely don't interest me at all.  I have a friend who posts selfies a few times every day, to show everything she's doing and even posting side by side photos of herself and JLO saying 'don't we look alike'?  She's delusional but this is the nonsense that turns me off on social media.  I'm much more interested in my eternity than who is having a burger at McDonalds.

I'm so grateful to read this! Not that I want you to be bored too lol But, it is comforting to see that I'm not alone in this. I have a few friends too like that on FB, and it's like ugh. You're not a celebrity, please stoppp. I think that's it actually, social media really has been a catalyst for people to develop self inflated egos, and delusions about themselves. It's almost as if the internet distorts truths or something lol Idk how to explain this. Like does your friend think that all of a sudden everyone will agree that she looks like JLo because she's posting on the internet? lol :blink:

6 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

That is because the Holy Spirit is working in you. It puts up an uneasy red flag feeling. There were many things that I did not think any of until several years ago.  Not anymore. But that is a good thing :) We find that we sacrifice those worldly things for our Christianity

Yes, that is it! At first it was hard...this feeling of angst when I'd be spending time on worldly/secular things. Granted, I work for a secular company, and I offer up my time there to God. But, it's a job, and perhaps I process it differently. I also have Christian friends there, and it's wonderful to be able to discuss our faith openly at work. But, I'm speaking more of things online that used to entertain me, and now I find it all so blah. And maybe, because we are all new creations in Christ...I realize I used to be that very same way, as everyone else not in the Lord...following the herd...flirting with sin, allowing myself to be tempted by the world. I look back at how I used to be, and I'm grateful for my faith!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I find a lot of online forums not all that interesting, most are pointless. There are 3 I'm active on-this one, obviously, bleepingcomputer which is a computer help site I volunteer on, and a gun forum I recently joined for the purpose of gaining more knowledge in the world of reloading, which is a hobby of mine.

I'm still active on Facebook, and I game online off and on, but other then that I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be. I find the older I get, the less the internet and computers interest me, ID much rather be outdoors hiking, fishing, hunting and shooting, and often with my family (though sometimes Its my alone time) and I just recently picked up a new hobby, metal detecting.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I was late to join Facebook, then after about a year I quit it because I was sick of all the game feeds and silly posts and having friends on there that weren't close friends.  I ended up not really posting anything.  After being off it for over a year I signed up again so I could follow my favorite animal charities/organizations.  I use an email address that has no contacts in it so Facebook can't suggest people to me and I didn't state the schools I had attended or workplaces.  I have no friends on my page and that is how I want it.

Maybe it depends on people's ages.  I'm born towards the end of Generation X so I didn't grow up with Facebook etc.  I'm a bit low tech anyway and don't even own a smart phone just a normal cellphone.  I prefer using my laptop.  I'm one of those who are a bit shy anyway and hate having my photo taken let alone take a selfie and stick it on Facebook for everyone to see :laugh:.  Some of my interests have definitely changed since when I was in my 20s.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

I hear you Deirdre,  there are not a lot of things which interest me either on the Internet, I do use Facebook , it can be a tool to witness to other people , you can have it as a testimony as unto the Lord , there are lots of good Christians website on Facebook which gives you very interesting articles to read. I love also the beautiful quotes which lift Jesus up which people post. But like you , I', not always that interested of what friends post that would take a day if I read all they post but my Christian friends often post something which lift the name of Jesus. I just know who will post something I would like to read. But as I said, I do like it to have Christian fellowship with people and to have contact with my family.

Jesus will give you different interest as you walk with Him and after a long time you will be amazed how much He changed you day by day~~~

Lift Jesus high:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Deidre

I agree 100% & although some people really do not want to hear it, it is the reason we have to keep decency & order at Worthy Christian Forums by being mindful of posting Appropriately (by Section)............we MUST do our part to keep this Blessed Place set apart from "the world) ,,,,,it can easily become another facebook,instagram etc,,,,,,,,    God Bless Worthy & to Him be the Glory!       With love -in Christ,Kwik