• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I just wish this whole topic would go away.  We know the answer.  The homosexual lifestyle is a sin.  God said that Himself. He loves the person but He hates the sin.  I just don't understand why this keeps coming up.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Agreed.  There a lot of fine, decent men out there who know how to treat a woman and know how to be a gentleman.  Don't let this one man do this to you.  It actually sounds to me as if your asking permission to live this lifestyle.  We cannot say it's OK because it's not.  As I see it you have two choices.  Ask Jesus to come into your heart.  As Him to the Lord and Savior of your life.  He will change you and take that fear away.  You can be free of this if that is what you want.  If you want to stay where you are, hiding, and making this thing happen to you as an excuse to live in just the opposite kind of life God wants for you, or you can ask God to make you into the person and give you the life He wants you to have.  

Again it is not OK to be a lesbian.  God did not create you that way and in His Eyes it is a sin.  As long as you live like that  you will never have any peace in your life.  Just what are you looking for?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

When I was 10 years old a man in a beat up blue truck asked me for directions.  As I neared the truck he grabbed my arm and began dragging into the truck.  It was about 10 o'clock at night one block away from my home.  I fought off the attacker, went home and did not speak about it for 20 years.

I was sexually abused by males as a child and did not speak about it for 20 years.

I was severely beaten by my father at 16 for asking permission to go to the local arcade after all festivities were over on Thanksgiving Day.

I watched my step father physically abuse my step brother and one time experienced his wrath by his hands choking me while lifted off the ground against the wall.

I have suffered at the hands of men all throughout my life.  When I was brought to Jesus Christ January 26th 2008, I was perplexed at what I saw.  Here was a man who was locked up, blind sided, beaten and crucified for telling the truth, that he was King of the Jews.  Yet he never opened his mouth except to ask God to forgive them.  His justification was that they were ignorantly doing what they did.  As I began to grow in Christ, I began to have a different outlook upon those who had offended against me.  As I looked upon Christ and bublical moral principles I began to see the wretch I truly have been.

By June of 2008, six months after coming to Christ, I met with my father and confessed my faults as a son unto him and felt no need to address any of his sin against me for I understood that the goodness of God would need to lead him to repentance and godly sorrow would be required to make it stick.  I could only offer my apology with a confirmed commitment to write anything that was wrong between us that I did.

My father died November 6th 2008.  I was there when he took his last breath.  I told him that it was OK to leave, that he could go to be with Jesus. He had never came to me to admit his error nor seek to righg his wrongs but I have nothing but sorrow in my heart for him.  For I know that it was the goodness of God that led me to repentance and enabled me to forgive my father and break free from the bondage of the multitude of sins committed both by me and against me.  It pains me to know that my father never received such a gift.

I walk a free man today by the grace of God and seek to not despise his grace given unto others whom he is giving space to repent.  Though I am not completely fixed up, I am growing in grace and the knowledge of the Lord.

Also, a woman whom I love dearly in the Lord confessed unto me that as a child she was sexually abused by men as well as violently attacked.  Her confession was that she later learned that she used these events to justify her sexual exploits later in life, including a lesbian affair.  She has owned her sin and repented of her part in things.  She has made amends to those who were injured while being careful not to injure them further.  She reported back to me that she is free from all of it except for some remaining fear of what she knows some men can be capable of.  She has shared that she is happily married to a man that she has had completely new experiences with concerning physical intimacy.  Letting go of old hurts and hangups by the power of Gods forgiveness, she has a whole new life with a brighter future.

May this testimony glorify God for God is able to heal the broken hearted and strengthen the weak and feable like me and this woman.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I just wish this whole topic would go away.  We know the answer.  The homosexual lifestyle is a sin.  God said that Himself. He loves the person but He hates the sin.  I just don't understand why this keeps coming up.

Rusty,

you know why it keeps coming up?  Mans itchy ears doesn't always want the will of God but rather the will of the flesh or the will of me. And that is why even churches are born that say just what you want to hear. It won't go away I'm afraid but get worse. Sigh!  Come Lord Jesus, Come! 

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

As long as there are hurt souls looking for help and salvation , this topic will never end, just like substance abuse/drug abuse topics will never end as those in hurt needing a physician are looking for help. I hope also there will always be a helping kind christian hand ready and never tired to receive and help the one coming to ask for help.

Sharing with one another our concerns can be very healing.

Thank you gdemoss for your sharing

and Pj, I will keep you in my prayers.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

People who come asking for help should receive that help....even from those who are so hard of heart they have little to give.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Granite is worn away by the constant dripping of rain.

Have you ever thought that maybe, they're not here just asking for help?

People who think everyone comes here asking for help is allowing wolves in to cause destruction. It's called being unwise.

Christ Jesus was always there to receive whoever came to Him, even the wolves in sheeps clothing.

I mean this site has rules, this site has moderators, if someone gets out of control there are established regulations that have been set up for the safeguarding of this site.

And if this person Tj is dishonest, it is more of a downfall for her than it is for this site or other Christians on this site

I pray that Christ Jesus pour down on you constant abundant slow drops of His Holy water. Amen! Amen! Amen!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

As others have said, it is satan who has corrupted and even possessed those who have harmed you.  Direct you anger at him,  God is present to help you heal.  The world's counselors sometimes have a warped view.  Those who counsel with God's Word, the Bible, see it all more clearly.  They know that you cannot love and forgive the unloveable and unforgivable without God's help.  He is the only One who can make you whole.  

By inviting Jesus to live in you by His Holy Spirit, you start understanding the Bible and are able to apply it to your life.  That is where the healing begins.  You will begin to see those who have abused you as being controlled by satan.  You may even start to pity them as they are also victims of satan and slaves of sin; some were themselves abused.   But becoming a lesbian is just as bad in God's eyes as the persons who have abused you.  Never use your abuse as an excuse for doing evil.

Many of us have traumatic fears.  We can't control them:  they are a "learned reflex" I was once told.  As we come to know the heights and depths of God's love, those fears start slowly melting away.  I also understand your fear of being alone and feeling unsafe.  It is paralyzing.  But God said He would never leave you or forsake you.  Give yourself to Him

Forgiving others is a choice.  Loving others is a choice.  These are not emotions.   However, good emotions often follow the choice.  Receiving Jesus into your life is a choice as well.  He is your Creator and He has a holy love for you that is so great, He was tortured to death taking the punishment for your sins so that you don't have to take the consequences.  He will set you free from self destruction.  He arose from the dead and was seen by hundreds of people.  Every one of the 12 men He mentored was tortured to death rather than renounce their trust in Him.  The last one, John, was abandoned on a island by himself for the rest of his life, I believe.  God does not promise that our lives will be easy.  He has said that He will never leave us or forsake us.

God truly wants good and blessing for your life.  He is the safest person to run to that you can ever imagine, and a faithful friend.

Willa

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, 1to3 said:

As long as there are hurt souls looking for help and salvation , this topic will never end, just like substance abuse/drug abuse topics will never end as those in hurt needing a physician are looking for help. I hope also there will always be a helping kind christian hand ready and never tired to receive and help the one coming to ask for help.

Sharing with one another our concerns can be very healing.

Thank you gdemoss for your sharing

and Pj, I will keep you in my prayers.

Amen

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, gdemoss said:

When I was 10 years old a man in a beat up blue truck asked me for directions.  As I neared the truck he grabbed my arm and began dragging into the truck.  It was about 10 o'clock at night one block away from my home.  I fought off the attacker, went home and did not speak about it for 20 years.

I was sexually abused by males as a child and did not speak about it for 20 years.

I was severely beaten by my father at 16 for asking permission to go to the local arcade after all festivities were over on Thanksgiving Day.

I watched my step father physically abuse my step brother and one time experienced his wrath by his hands choking me while lifted off the ground against the wall.

I have suffered at the hands of men all throughout my life.  When I was brought to Jesus Christ January 26th 2008, I was perplexed at what I saw.  Here was a man who was locked up, blind sided, beaten and crucified for telling the truth, that he was King of the Jews.  Yet he never opened his mouth except to ask God to forgive them.  His justification was that they were ignorantly doing what they did.  As I began to grow in Christ, I began to have a different outlook upon those who had offended against me.  As I looked upon Christ and bublical moral principles I began to see the wretch I truly have been.

By June of 2008, six months after coming to Christ, I met with my father and confessed my faults as a son unto him and felt no need to address any of his sin against me for I understood that the goodness of God would need to lead him to repentance and godly sorrow would be required to make it stick.  I could only offer my apology with a confirmed commitment to write anything that was wrong between us that I did.

My father died November 6th 2008.  I was there when he took his last breath.  I told him that it was OK to leave, that he could go to be with Jesus. He had never came to me to admit his error nor seek to righg his wrongs but I have nothing but sorrow in my heart for him.  For I know that it was the goodness of God that led me to repentance and enabled me to forgive my father and break free from the bondage of the multitude of sins committed both by me and against me.  It pains me to know that my father never received such a gift.

I walk a free man today by the grace of God and seek to not despise his grace given unto others whom he is giving space to repent.  Though I am not completely fixed up, I am growing in grace and the knowledge of the Lord.

Also, a woman whom I love dearly in the Lord confessed unto me that as a child she was sexually abused by men as well as violently attacked.  Her confession was that she later learned that she used these events to justify her sexual exploits later in life, including a lesbian affair.  She has owned her sin and repented of her part in things.  She has made amends to those who were injured while being careful not to injure them further.  She reported back to me that she is free from all of it except for some remaining fear of what she knows some men can be capable of.  She has shared that she is happily married to a man that she has had completely new experiences with concerning physical intimacy.  Letting go of old hurts and hangups by the power of Gods forgiveness, she has a whole new life with a brighter future.

May this testimony glorify God for God is able to heal the broken hearted and strengthen the weak and feable like me and this woman.

I just wanted to say Gary, that I have noticed such a humility in your posts lately, that it really makes me proud me to say I am a Christian.  What a testimony you have here, and your ability to share it, is such a demonstration of His power.  The people who are close to you in your life are very blessed.