IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Your expecting God to care about things that "man" care about. Like clothes and how good someone looks on the outside. It is my believe that God is not concern rather or not I wear a dress to church or if I came in jeans and a t-shirt. And judgment is being passed on those dressing down if you think that dressing down means that God is not important. In truth, most people dress to please other people around them. They dress the way they do so that they may be accepted by the other people.  So dressing nice is not a sign of  righteous anymore then someone wearing jeans a sign of disrespect for God.

You can go to the church in a nice  pair of jeans and nice  T-shirt, is that not dressed?

I'm talking about suggestive  or skimpy clothing~~~

Clothes make the man but God sees the inner man :)

If my heart is not right , and I come in a golden dress it means nothing~~~

But if I'm on holidays and I'm wearing shorts and see a church , I would still go to church~~~:)

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Your expecting God to care about things that "man" care about. Like clothes and how good someone looks on the outside. It is my believe that God is not concern rather or not I wear a dress to church or if I came in jeans and a t-shirt. And judgment is being passed on those dressing down if you think that dressing down means that God is not important. In truth, most people dress to please other people around them. They dress the way they do so that they may be accepted by the other people.  So dressing nice is not a sign of  righteous anymore then someone wearing jeans a sign of disrespect for God.

To me, the issue is far more about women wearing clothing that pertains to a man, and I believe God does care about that, just as I expect your church would have a problem with a male member who chose to wear a dress to church.  That would not only be disrespectful to God, but it would be sinful.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Our church allowed a man dressed as a woman attend church, but drew the line when he wanted to use the women's restroom.

Guest Butero
36 minutes ago, CATerri said:

Our church allowed a man dressed as a woman attend church, but drew the line when he wanted to use the women's restroom.

That seems reasonable for a visitor.  We need to allow sinners to come to church in the hopes they will hear the gospel and change.  At the same time, I would imagine your church likely wouldn't want a man dressed like a woman in a position of authority. 

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

No, Lady, you are missing the point.   It's all not about how a person looks on the outside.   No one cares if you wear jeans to church or not.  

The issue is about choosing modesty and simply dressing in a modest and respectable, appropriate manner that doesn't appear seductive or revealing. It's about honoring God.  There is something to be said for people who dress in a way that shows you that they respect you and that meeting with you is important to them.   We, as Christians should govern ourselves when it comes to honoring God the same way in EVERYTHING we do, including what we wear.   We all fail, I fail at times to honor God in everything.  

It is not that we dress up to be a sign of righteousness.   That is not what is being said.  What is being said is that we should honor God even more than we honor other people.  If I am invited to a dinner party, I am not going to embarrass my host by showing up in sweats and a t-shirt, unshaven.  They deserve better. I will dress in a way that is appropriate to the occasion   

In the same way, the One who created me, who is my King and Redeemer deserves to honored the best I can muster up in every area, even in how I dress, and that is not just about going to church, but in the every day world.  Nothing I wear should EVER bring a reproach to Him.   But this is especially true at church.   If someone is dressed seductively or too revealing, that is not honoring God.  

It's not about blue jeans vs. a suit.   That's not what anyone cares about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

In truth, most people dress to please other people around them. They dress the way they do so that they may be accepted by the other people. 

posted by LadytKay

Blessings Lady,,,,

Quite frankly,I'm very surprised that you would say something like this,,,,,,,,now,who is judging who?To be perfectly honest with you,even when I have gone into the church at 9pm ,when there is no one around,I change into something fit for my KING,,,,,,,because I want to give HIM my very best,,,,,,,,,I am but "filthy rags' if it were not for the Precious Blood that covers me,,,,,,,I am the Lord's Temple & I am going to present myself as such ,in the very finest way I possibly can,,,,,,,,I could care less about what anyone thinks,,,,,,,but that is just me,my Heavenly Father Provided me with everything I have because He loves me ,,,,,it is the very least I can do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Blessings Morning Glory,,,,,

Yes Sis,it has been an interesting journey,,,,,,I will be just fine,,,,,,,I'm still here,,,,,,,,to Glorify God,Jehovah Rapha,,,Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/7/2016 at 10:07 PM, Butero said:

To me, the issue is far more about women wearing clothing that pertains to a man, and I believe God does care about that, just as I expect your church would have a problem with a male member who chose to wear a dress to church.  That would not only be disrespectful to God, but it would be sinful.

:emot-heartbeat:

Female Paints (?), A Big Sin....

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 4:2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

the 'head pastor' at the congregation i attend has actually talked about this from the pulpit, though looking around at everyone it hardly needed to be said, but he told us that the only thing he would hold us to is that he highly recommends we do not show up in our pajamas.

'
nobody wants to see that'
he said, in so many words. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/6/2016 at 11:25 PM, shiloh357 said:

I was visiting a church one time and one of the girls in the praise team was wearing a sweater than was so tight that it left little to the imagination.  It was very distracting and for myself and ( I found out later) for several male members of the church, it was hard to keep one's mind on worship.   I found out it was a regular thing with her, but she was the pastor's daughter and so no one complained.  

I never said there should be a dress code.  I just think it is important for people to govern themselves and use basic modesty and not look at church as a place to show off their physical assets.

The Pastors daughter? would that really surprise you? A tease? That is common for women who dress provocatively.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On 6/7/2016 at 7:15 PM, LadyKay said:

I think you made an excellent point there, LK.  Most of us DO dress for other people and we instinctively know God doesn't care if we wear a potato sack; all He cares about is what is going on in the heart.  We humans need to get over ourselves and realize that HE is reason we go to church.  If we're clean and modestly dressed, we're okay.  Our clothes don't make us righteous nor do they show indifference.  Would our Lord turn us away because  we're wearing jeans and a tee shirt?  NO!  He would turn us away because He never knew us.