IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I just think it's so sad for someone to condemn people on what they wear.  I"m still a born again Christian in a pair of jeans, I still serve Jesus, I still witness about my faith and I can do it in a pair of jeans and short hair.  If I wasn't a believer and someone came up to me and condemned me I not sure I would ever want to be a part of that church.  I want people to see my heart, not what I have on.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Amen!!! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 minute ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Amen!!! 

Thanks Shadows.

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

Thanks Shadows.

It is amazing the things that Christians find to divide themselves over. 

12 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

My rule of thumb is based on our current society, which is who always dictates such things, which is why they are constantly changing.  God knew this was the case thus He worded this bible in such away that people would not be able to make such things as unchanging dress codes.  But man always finds a way

I think there are people that go over the top when they dress.  I always dress like a lady and my husband always dressed like a gentleman.  He wore jeans all the time and a nice shirt.  Believe me no one ever miss took him to be a woman and no one has mistaken me for a man. 

He was always proud of how I looked , I always kept my hair nice and make up, nails He was always proud to introduce me to he friends and he always told me I looked beautiful.. I miss that.  He has been gone 8 years now but I will always remember how he spoke to me and how he treated me.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

17 minutes ago, Butero said:

Then I suppose you would be the first one to put your arms around a man in a cocktail dress that says he is a born again believer and welcome him to a leadership position in your church.  It would be a sad thing if you didn't, because he would still be "a born again Christian in a cocktail dress" and would still be serving Jesus.  He can witness his faith while wearing effeminate clothes and even have hair like Crystal Gayle.  There is a double standard. 

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

If we were to go along with societal changes to make such judgments, I could apply it to gay marriage and a host of other sinful things.  Fornication as a normal part of dating is something else that is widely accepted today.  Society changes, but God never does.  The thing is, there was an attempt made to make it acceptable for little boys to wear a skirt, and it was attacked by women.  I would about guarantee that those women wear pants.  The reason I know about the controversy is they sent me a solicitation based on that book.  I wrote them back and said I would be glad to help out with an offering if they would attack women in pants in the same way they are going after the little boy in a skirt.  I never heard back from them. 

I don't go by what society does to determine if something is ok.  Society might decide down the road it is ok for a man to wear a cocktail dress to church, but I know that is and always will be effeminate. 

You are comparing apples and oranges.  God told us what is marriage, he told us that fornication is sinful.  He didn't tell us it was wrong for a woman to wear jeans, this is just your own opinion.   Your view of what is appropriate for women and for men is based off of what society taught you as you were growing up,  had you been born 100 years earlier or a 100 years later you would have different views, if you were born in Nigeria or Bali your views of what is right would be different.  

12 minutes ago, Butero said:

People wear a cocktail dress that don't drink, and I never said you were wearing one.  I said a man wore one, perhaps to church. 

I misunderstood the statement you made. I"m sorry for that. We are never going to agree on this.  However I look forward to the time when we will stand side by side in Heaven, because we both worship the same God and love the same Jesus, and want to same thing and that is to see world saved.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

First off I don't drink, I never been to a cocktail party.  That is a pure insult on my character.  I just can't believe you can be so cruel and judgmental.  I see no double standard.  You really know how to hurt people. 

Rusty, he never said you went to a cocktail party he was talking about a man in a cocktail dress

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Most would not condemn you Rusty, I'd think,   but they would just not share in your opinion on this. 

Thanks Divida, your right of course.

Just now, Butero said:

You are making your own judgments, so you are just as guilty of that as I am. 

Except I do not judge nor condemn people that do not dress the way I expect them to, that is your realm alone.