IGNORED

Christians at what point is one saved? At the point where new Hope/Faith is birthed, or at the point of Baptism?

psalmone

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:7-10

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/14/2016 at 1:58 PM, psalmone said:

Personally I feel it's when new Hope in Christ is birthed, because at that point one's whole world becomes new.

Amen.  I said yes to that tug on my heart at 16, when the Holy Spirit touched me.   My friend said no, she still does.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I think everyone else has answered nicely, so I don't have anything to add to what others have already said. Its been a long time since you were last here psalmone. Nice to see you back on worthy. :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/14/2016 at 2:58 PM, psalmone said:

Personally I feel it's when new Hope in Christ is birthed, because at that point one's whole world becomes new.

I was born from Christian parents, sometimes I am thinking that my parents had the life of Jesus Christ in them.

And what about their offspring, are they born with the life of God in them?

Can life conceived and give birth to death? 

If I can have these questions answered, perhaps I can answer the question, am I born with the life of God in me? 

And If I continue to hold in the faith my parents as Christians gave me.

Was I ever lost? (Not belonging to Jesus Christ).

If I die would I go to Hell?  

Or would I go to Heaven!!!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I was born from Christian parents, sometimes I am thinking that my parents had the life of Jesus Christ in them.

And what about their offspring, are they born with the life of God in them?

Can life conceived and give birth to death? 

If I can have these questions answered, perhaps I can answer the question, am I born with the life of God in me? 

And If I continue to hold in the faith my parents as Christians gave me.

Was I ever lost? (Not belonging to Jesus Christ).

If I die would I go to Hell?  

Or would I go to Heaven!!!!!

As Jesus explained to Nicodemus, being saved is being "born again".  The physical birth does not save, does not promise, does not guarantee.

To belong to Jesus Christ and to live eternally with him, one must experience the NEW birth - the spiritual birth - and the condition one's parents have nothing to do with that.

If you were never lost, then how can you be saved?  What are you saved from if you were never lost?  We are all lost - born to sin.  And we all must be born again.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 14/04/2016 at 2:58 AM, psalmone said:

Hi Psalmone

Jesus already answered your question

Matthew 10:22   And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

It's at the end of our walk we will be saved, not in the beginning, many do not stay on the narrow road.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/15/2016 at 6:13 PM, algots said:

Just as a corpse cannot choose to live, so a dead Spirit cannot choose to live.

And as Pat said, we can go back and forth all day, but, to me, it's obvious.

To me, it's simple. Dead men make no choices.

It is all God, lest we have occasion to boast.

:emot-heartbeat:

Christians at what point is one saved? At the point where new Hope/Faith is birthed, or at the point of Baptism?

:emot-heartbeat:

At What Point Does A Believer Die To Self

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

And Rises Up A New Born

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

Child

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

As Jesus explained to Nicodemus, being saved is being "born again".  The physical birth does not save, does not promise, does not guarantee.

To belong to Jesus Christ and to live eternally with him, one must experience the NEW birth - the spiritual birth - and the condition one's parents have nothing to do with that.

If you were never lost, then how can you be saved?  What are you saved from if you were never lost?  We are all lost - born to sin.  And we all must be born again.

Thank you for trying to reach out to me. I am trying to play the part of Nicodemus, but I really don't know much about him to realy get into his shoes and then maybe be able to understand what Jesus meant to say. 

Knowing something about him, it would really help to understand how he was perceiving these kinds of things Jesus was talking about. 

But probably you wouldn't know, thanks for your consern anyway.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Immediately upon belief of the Gospel the sinner is saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

"Ephesians 1:13-14 NIV
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, [14] who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession---to the praise of his glory."

"2 Corinthians 5:5 NIV
Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

Scripture also speaks of being saved in the future tense where Christ will come back for us and save us from the presence of sin. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you for trying to reach out to me. I am trying to play the part of Nicodemus, but I really don't know much about him to realy get into his shoes and then maybe be able to understand what Jesus meant to say. 

Knowing something about him, it would really help to understand how he was perceiving these kinds of things Jesus was talking about. 

But probably you wouldn't know, thanks for your consern anyway.

Well, the Bible tells us three things about Nicodemus - all in the book of John.

Nicodemus was a Pharisee.  He was a member of the group that wanted Jesus dead, but he secretly did not want this.  The Pharisees and the Sadducees were sort of like the Republicans and Democrats of today.  The Pharisees were conservative and believed in an after-life.  The Sadducees were more liberal and believed that death was death - no after-life.  The two groups differed on other matters, but together, they made up the legal body called the Sanhedrin.

John 3 - Because Nicodemus believes in the after-life, he comes to Jesus by night (in secret) to talk to him about how to inherit eternal life.  The Pharisees believed it was all about keeping the "rules".  Do this - don't do that.  They were so wrong.  Jesus explained to him about being born again and the new birth.

John 7 - Nicodemus tries to keep his Pharisee brothers from trying to destroying Jesus with their false judgments by telling them that their law demands that a person have a fair hearing.

John 19 - We see that Nicodemus, led by Joseph of Arimathea, took Jesus' body down from the cross, cleaned him, bound his body with linens, anointed his body with many pounds of spices, and buried him.

Edited by Jayne