• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/18/2016 at 0:17 AM, everseeking said:

I think it is one for the counsellor rather than prayer but still.

So how is the counselor to respond if not hearing prayer? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/18/2016 at 0:17 AM, everseeking said:

Do you believe that a relationship with Jesus and God is a way of ensuring good mental health?

Sometimes I get anxiety worrying about Hell or having sinful thoughts. And guilt of course over past mistakes.

Currently I seem to have a transference issue. I have had difficult work relations with some women . But it seems to be a pattern now as I change workplaces. I seem to clash or attract rude behaviour from women especially those who have seniority over me. I know it is something I am doing or thinking but cant seem to stop it. Not all women of course as I have been happily married for 25 years. I think it is one for the counsellor rather than prayer but still.

Hi ever seeker.

15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

With that said, we are to seek the Lord in perseverance till his Spirit gives witness to our spirit we are indeed redeemed. So you might need to spend some time seeking the Lord instead of other peoples testimonies about their experience with Him if you getting anxiety. Second I wounder if you have been discipled by someone that has received the blessing of the Lords prayer in John 17. See verse 20 - cause if you truly were witnessed to and under the discipleship of one of these he prayed for you would know christ in us is our hope not our goodness.  

So the transference issue do you mean transference as in fantasies? Our a transference of negative feelings? I know I have to deal with rude behavior from people who have seniority over me a lot. I just thought it is because a lot of people have missed the manners and respect classes in their lives. People as a majority have gotten less considerate because so much communication is no longer face to face and people are not having their rudeness checked as often cause they do not see how their brash communication effects others. this is especially true when people get into a authority position because a lot of people put up with it because they need their job.

Try to be an empathetic listener. That is how I deal with it. I tell myself a person so rude must really have some challenges with relationships in their life. I do not take their ugly attitudes personal cause obviously they do not have the skills they need to be in a leadership position over anyone. It's an opportunity to shine the light of Christ in us.

I'm concerned most about the gospel and the doctrine you have received if you believe a generational curse has more power in your life then the redemptive work of Christ that brought blessing on us to a thousand generations.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:17 AM, everseeking said:

It is interesting for me to be on this forum because I am a typical cradle catholic of my generation, who has very little bible knowledge. I would like to get to that stage you are talking about.

Hello Everseeking , I am too from a long  R .Catholic background, and Worthy has been a wonderful place for me to come to relate to people who really love Jesus and are seeking too, like you are . Occasionally there are clashes ,little ones mainly , from  misunderstandings which can be cleared up by being patient and listening  .On an intellectual basis we do not always agree over eveything ,but here at least  you do have a real chance to hear what Jesus means to us individully  and a FREEDOM to discuss , which is not allowed in the RCC .

Today I learned that I had a warning from a website I visit because I criticise the Church . Because it is also part of my tradition, I have been loath to let go totally , but being in there ,twists my heart and mind ,as there is more attachment to the Institution of the RCC and the pope , than to God's word and to Jesus himself . They always talk about being catholic ,not about being christian  which says a lot .

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/18/2016 at 6:40 AM, everseeking said:

I sometimes think the quote "take up your cross and follow me" is such a daunting request. Isnt this the real reason we don't want to become Christian? That we are afraid God will ask too much of us? That He wants us to choose the painful route, the one where we receive insults and don't seek payback. We might get chewed out by our boss, and somehow try to see from his point of view. We get micro-managed by a line manager and silently suffer, instead of blowing a fuse. We choose to read our bible before going to bed, instead of playing our favourite computer game.

Take up your cross can sound daunting.  However remember Jesus also said His Burden is light.  He will never give you more to carry they you can handle, and He will always be there to help you with that cross.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Dear believer, 

Being a Christian & follower of God won't guarantee you won't suffer from Anxiety issues which it seems you are having. I would recommend you seek some professional advice & not just from a GP who are to prepared to push what the drug companies want. Thats not to say you don't need medication. 

Believe it or not but the latest research says Exercise is one of the best things for a anxiety depression disorder, obviously the drug companies won't tell you this, also the first sun of the morning which creates the melatonin for your system. A good way to start your day if you could would be early morning walk in the sun 

I didn't read all the other posts in full as their answers were giving me anxiety, I'm sure they are all well meaning but some parts are not helpful at. A few of the prophets in the bible had anxiety issues so you in good company.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

Just remember this "I will hear NO evil report"............

King James Bible
He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.                               Psalm 112:7

6For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. 7He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. 8His heart is upheld, he will not fear, Until he looks with satisfaction on his adversaries.…          Psalm 112:6-8

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.

Psalm 56:4
In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?

Psalm 57:7
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!

Psalm 108:1
A Song, a Psalm of David. My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing, I will sing praises, even with my soul.

Proverbs 1:33
"But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil."

So again I remind you,"Renew your mind","Take captive every thought",,,,,,,it is a willful,deliberate & conscious action.....a choice,"Who do I believe?"    Do you believe in mans FACTS or Gods TRuth,His Word?                                                        To God be the Glory                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

I agree-one CAN experience BETTER mental health after coming to Christ because we are a "new creation", "old things have passed away" and there is a "transformation of the mind." I had Bi-polar illness before I came to Christ and while my condition has gotten BETTER and their is definitely a RENEWING of my mind, I am not completely healed yet. I pray for healing because it is in God's power to do so. However, he may decide to not heal me altogether. This is no reflection of MY devotion to HIM. "His ways are not our ways".  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,872
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Having my faith and resolve to live for God strengthened has done more for my mental health than anything (and I saw several counselors and psychiatrists as a child). I am not perfect, and I still get depressed from time to time, but God relieves my weariness the more I turn to Him.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

I am not completely healed yet. I pray for healing because it is in God's power to do so. However, he may decide to not heal me altogether. This is no reflection of MY devotion to HIM. "His ways are not our ways".                                                                                                           posted by encouragedontjudge

I am glad you said"yet",Praise Jesus!    Praying for Healing is fine but Gods Word says that we ARE Healed by His Stripes & that He has given us a sound mind,,,,,Yes,He is ABLE but He has told us to "renew your mind"...it has nothing to with your devotion to Him but it has all to do with Receiving His Word by the Power of the Holy Spirit in which we are indwelled,,,,,,God most certainly CAN Heal you in a moment but as we become rooted & grounded we see that that is not how He does things commonly,,,,,,Jesus gave us very clear instruction on what we have the Authority to do,,,,to tread on serpents & scorpions,to do ALL things in Christ Jesus,to speak things that are not as though they are,that no weapon formed against us shall prosper,,,,,surrendering "self" completely is key....

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.   (Read More...)

2 Corinthians 4:16 - For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

Psalms 119:11 - Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Ephesians 4:23 - And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

1 Peter 1:13 - Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Philippians 4:6-7 - Be careful for nothing;

but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.   (Read More...)

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 - (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)   (Read More...)

Colossians 3:2 - Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Joshua 1:8-9 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.   (Read More...)

Philippians 2:5 - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

1 Corinthians 2:16 - For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Isaiah 42:1-8 - Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.   (Read More...)

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

With love-in Christ,Kwik