• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

No it's standing on the only foundation God has given us 'His Word' and you may think this foolish :noidea: I know
all that have The Resident Truth Teacher do not have problems with making God's Word their only source for truth...
Love, Steven

You have to understand your English translation of the Bible needs to be studied. Somethings may sound cut and dry, but upon further study you might find something that you may have misinterpreted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Mateo said:

You have to understand your English translation of the Bible needs to be studied. Somethings may sound cut and dry, but upon further study you might find something that you may have misinterpreted.

Mateo it would behoove you to get acquainted with those to whom you post before you make assumptions about their
scholastic deficits :thumbsup:  Love, Steven

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Mateo it would behoove you to get acquainted with those to whom you post before you make assumptions about their
scholastic deficits :thumbsup:  Love, Steven

All I'm saying is that to say something in the Bible is "there in black and white" is a bit ignorant(no offense) and arrogant. People make a living studying the Bible because some things don't seem black and white.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, John1:18 said:

It clearly states GOD hovered over the face of the water and darkness was upon the deep . 
If God our God of TRUTH  created the water MOSES would have written: and God said let there be water ! And God saw the water and it was good .... But it's written the spirit of GOD hovered over water ...
And then it's written and GOD SAID let the waters be gathered to one place that dry land appear ... 
Saint Peter announces 2peter3:5 the world refuses to believe God made all things from by His word from water ...
So what camp are you in ?
The truth is written in black and white for all to see for 1000's of years perhaps your not as born again as you think you are ? 
Water first just like water baptism 1st 
Fire 2nd just like fire baptism 2nd 
 Peace in Christ 

Do you realizee John you're the only one who believes what you are posting?

I didn't see many people agree with you,are there any?

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Do you realizee John you're the only one who believes what you are posting?

I didn't see many people agree with you,are there any?

I'm always weary when many people agree with something. I would not use the majority disagreeing as validation for an agreement being wrong, I would use scripture. 

I disagree with this argument based on scripture being rightly divided.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This is what happens when you make a "teaching" out of ONE VERSE!  To solidify any position you need to FULL context of Scriptures!  What do the "entirety" of the Scriptures teach?  There you will find your answer! :)

• This is Worthy 1

6 minutes ago, George said:

This is what happens when you make a "teaching" out of ONE VERSE!  To solidify any position you need to FULL context of Scriptures!  What do the "entirety" of the Scriptures teach?  There you will find your answer! :)

But isn't the Bible written in Black and white? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 minutes ago, Mateo said:

But isn't the Bible written in Black and white? 

nope, mine also has red and lots of blue and yellow highlighter.   and those highlight places are usually in an area where there really isn't an english word that means the whole context of Hebrew and Greek... or a dependency in the old manuscripts...  No it isn't black and white.    and it's dangerous doctrine wise to make a dogmatic serious decision on one and sometimes two verses unless they agree with the whole text of the Bible.  

If you want to look at that single verse, I would ask what it the earth......   it is a molten core of mainly iron/nickle from what I have been taught  There are layers molten rock of all kinds and a upper crust that we all reside on, and most of the surface is water.....

When Genesis tells us he made the heavens and the earth, the core,molten rock, curust and oceans were all there.....   however there apparently were not any mountains and the water covered the whole face of the earth.....

How did he divide the waters  just from looking at the present day make up of the earth it appears that he just smashed the solid part and caused the individual parts to over ride each other and push up out of the water.  as the huge plates moved new molten rock came up out of the cracks and we have the present day envoronment still in motion....

but there really isn't any real reason to believe that the water existed before creation.....   where did it come from if not from God through the Word?   I am confused as to what you are trying to say here.

Edited by other one

1 minute ago, other one said:

nope, mine also has red and lots of blue and yellow highlighter.   and those highlight places are usually in an area where there really isn't an english word that means the whole context of Hebrew and Greek... or a dependency in the old manuscripts...  No it isn't black and white.    and it's dangerous doctrine wise to make a dogmatic serious decision on one and sometimes two verses unless they agree with the whole text of the Bible.  

If only we applied this to all parts of the Bible. I think many have pet doctrines that no matter what other scriptures say they still interpret it their way and ridicule those who believes their doctrine is flawed. I usually look at the fruit of the person. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Nehemiah 9:6 “You are the Lord, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

Rev 4:11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

Col 1:16-17 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Acts 14:15  “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.

Rev 14:7 And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

There's LOTS more ... but my point is made I believe! :)

What do the ENTIRETY of the Scriptures teach?