This is turning into a gun thread....goodbye sneaking-smiley.gif?1292867675

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

ISIS claimed responsibility for the nightclub shooting on Sunday, saying it was “carried out by an Islamic State fighter.” Law enforcement officials also said the suspect, Omar Mateen, called 911 before the attack and swore allegiance to ISIS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-orlando-shooting-suspect-hosted-233326524.html?nhp=1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

If some law-abiding people in that night club would have had guns, the death toll would have been much, much smaller.    The thing is that they try to use these incidents to promote gun regulation, but these incidents only serve to prove WHY law-abiding people SHOULD be armed.   

These mass shootings always happen when only ONE person has a gun and everyone else is defenseless.   If anything, it makes a case for increased gun ownership.

Liberals want to make our country less safe by disarming the public. 

well, one could argue there was one-according to the article the guman did trade shots with a armed cop before entering the club....but, on that same note, if there had been multiple armed gunmen on hand, it would have been harder for this guy to overpower them.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Looking at what's going on across the world, none of this should be any surprise, not even the presidents actions should be a surprise.  My question is can we exist long enough to rid ourselves of him......   and keep another female version from being elected?

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Not the first. The one in california was linked to someone who was pro isis. But with that too shhhhh its just "an angry person" not terrorism.

Thats the problem with denial on the part of our govt. Even people who think its terrorism dont realize others have happened here that are linked to isis.

I don't think ISIS took responsibility for it.   They praised it, but while the shooter was pro ISIS, it was not officially labeled an ISIS attack.   This one is different in that ISIS took responsibility.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

well, one could argue there was one-according to the article the guman did trade shots with a armed cop before entering the club....but, on that same note, if there had been multiple armed gunmen on hand, it would have been harder for this guy to overpower them.

Exactly.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

You can't avoid it and no one could have prevented every death that occurred. but leaving people unarmed and defenseless isn't the answer.  They need to give people a fighting chance.  We need to be armed because now we have ISIS to deal with.   This is the first ISIS attack on US soil.   This is what we have to look forward to beause our government can't say, "Islamic terrorism."  c

It is a good question as to how he circumvented security.  Maybe the bar didn't have good security, or maybe they didn't have armed security.  If all they had was bouncers who didn't have guns, they didn't stand a chance.

I believe it Shiloh,,,,,,I think we are going to see more & more of this sort of thing,,,,,,,you would think things like this would re-enforce the right to bear arms instead of the exact opposite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& Pat is right on target too,,,,

, if there had been multiple armed gunmen on hand, it would have been harder for this guy to overpower them

I didn't know anything about the exchange of fire with a police officer"before" the incident actually turned into a massacre,,,,,,,,,I was thinking "how did this guy get into the club armed like that?" I was even thinking he was perhaps a "familiar face" & slipped by unnoticed,,,,,,but this changes that theory entirely,,,,,,,

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,429
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

18 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

I am not even go to go the route of "gun control issues" that is a heated topic on Worthy. Not worth digging it up.

you got a gun buried somewhere :o

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I believe it Shiloh,,,,,,I think we are going to see more & more of this sort of thing,,,,,,,you would think things like this would re-enforce the right to bear arms instead of the exact opposite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& Pat is right on target too,,,,

I didn't know anything about the exchange of fire with a police officer"before" the incident actually turned into a massacre,,,,,,,,,I was thinking "how did this guy get into the club armed like that?" I was even thinking he was perhaps a "familiar face" & slipped by unnoticed,,,,,,but this changes that theory entirely,,,,,,,

The security at these things wouldn't stop a gun man. Most of them do not have armed security, its as easy as shooting the gaurd and walking right in. In this case I don't know it for a fact but I do recl reading there was a armed police officer, whom he engaged and shot first, but even then a single armed gaurd won't stop him.

I mean he shows up and says hey look they got a metal detector I guess I gotta go home....lol. No he's just gonna shoot the gaurd...and walk on in. Seeing how noisy most night clubs are chances are no one even heard the shot...or if they did, there's no way they'd have time to get out before he walked through the door.