• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 25/07/2016 at 6:07 AM, Retrobyter said:

Time for all to go back to the drawing board. First, one must understand that there is a difference, however subtle, between the 1/2 of a Seven,  the 42 months, the time, times and half a time, and the 1260 days. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS to assume that they are all the same time period. That's why there are FOUR different ways of saying it!

I agree with you. I dont think this 42 months, time, times and half of time, or 1260 days are the earths day. That is accepted that the 70 weeks of Jeremy is 490 years, corresponding 1 day for one year. and that the first half of the last week was the ministery of Jesus for 3 and half years.

So If you take 1 day for one year, that means that " Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time" can be 1260 years (maybe the catholic  church 539-1799).
Another interpretation is that the 42 months are generations. In the evengelium of  Lukas is wroten that from David until Jesus was 42  generations. And that from Adam to Jesus was 77. And here I quote Daniel8:" 1And he said unto me, Until two thousand and three hundred evenings [and] mornings: then shall the sanctuary be vindicated". (Or 76,666.... months). Interesting too that he spokes about the sanctuary in sky too. The only other vers in the biblie were is written evenings and mornings is in genesis, the first 7 days ( the sun was created in the 4th day, so is not referred to our 24 hours day). But again it could be years, then from Noah till Jesus were again circa 2300 years. And for the last 3 and half days of Jesus, in Revelation is said that the two testimonies will lay in the saint city for 3 and half days...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 10/30/2016 at 6:33 AM, tleichs said:

I agree with you. I dont think this 42 months, time, times and half of time, or 1260 days are the earths day. That is accepted that the 70 weeks of Jeremy is 490 years, corresponding 1 day for one year. and that the first half of the last week was the ministery of Jesus for 3 and half years.

So If you take 1 day for one year, that means that " Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time" can be 1260 years (maybe the catholic  church 539-1799).
Another interpretation is that the 42 months are generations. In the evengelium of  Lukas is wroten that from David until Jesus was 42  generations. And that from Adam to Jesus was 77. And here I quote Daniel8:" 1And he said unto me, Until two thousand and three hundred evenings [and] mornings: then shall the sanctuary be vindicated". (Or 76,666.... months). Interesting too that he spokes about the sanctuary in sky too. The only other vers in the biblie were is written evenings and mornings is in genesis, the first 7 days ( the sun was created in the 4th day, so is not referred to our 24 hours day). But again it could be years, then from Noah till Jesus were again circa 2300 years. And for the last 3 and half days of Jesus, in Revelation is said that the two testimonies will lay in the saint city for 3 and half days...

Shalom, tleichs.

Sorry, but one doesn't have to do that. One simply has to know how the Jewish calendar works.

The 1,260 days is just that.

A month or true "moonth" is the cycle from a new moon to the next new moon. Thus, the length of a month is 29.5 days. That means that 42 months x 29.5 days/month = 1,239 days, which is shorter than 1,260 days by 21 days! On the Jewish calendar, the months alternate between 29 days and 30 days to make the 29.5 days/month.

A year is still a solar year in the Jewish timeline economy, and a solar year takes 365.2422 days. Thus, mow`eed mo`adiym vaacheetsiy ("a-holiday-cycle, holiday-cycles [dual], and-a-half") is 3.5 holiday-cycles x 1 year/holiday-cycle x 365.2422 days/year = 1,278.3477 days, which would be 18 (or 19) days on the high side. Since the Jewish calendar adds another leap-month every so often (7 times in a 19-year cycle that makes a leap year every 2 or 3 years). The typical scenario is that two of these years would be 12-month non-leap-years and one would be a 13-month leap-year. Also, the half-year would be based on the 12-month year. Therefore, the number of days would be 354 days + 354 days + 384 days+ 177 days = 1,269 days, nine days longer than the 1,260 days.

This is what I meant by being three different lengths of time.

Shalom, again, tleichs.

See, the only reason I can see for wanting to use the "1 day = 1 year" theory is to provide more time in the prophecy to attempt a solution to solve the latest 2000-year gap in prophecy! However, it's simply not needed. The 2000 years is a time to bring in the Goyim (Gentiles) and to give the children of Israel time to suffer until they come back to God (and His Messiah, or rather, THROUGH His Messiah) as a UNIT! (They're not quite there, yet.)

However, to say, "I dont think this 42 months, time, times and half of time, or 1260 days are the earth's day," is the same nonsense that is used for the day-age theory in some's attempt to reconcile the Bible to the theory of Evolution! If a day is not a day, then it confuses all of time-keeping! The Hebrew word "yowm" ("day") was defined for us in Genesis 1:

Genesis 1:5
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
KJV

Don't go making "improvements" upon God's definition! Nothing in the Scriptures that use that word would make sense without this context!

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Don't go making "improvements" upon God's definition! Nothing in the Scriptures that use that word would make sense without this context!

Well. What language speak God? And who did write the bible, God or human? The only think I know that God wrote was the 10 commandments. All other books was written from humans. We use the language to interpret the reality, but the reality is not words. Words is a code that infer signifies to the life. And a code can have more than one meanings and one meanings can have more than one code. When you say Gods definition, that is the definition that we humans put in it. But one think is fact: at the begin there is no sun and earth and although we interpret the creation of God with day (but no night). So the words used to the earth day and spiritually day are the same (Is there a earth rotation in heaven to definy one day?). But there is only one place in the bible that explains the day in earth and in heaven, and that is 2nd Peter 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day {is} with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So because we dont know how it was in the past, I like to use bible to interpret the bible. And in the profecies there is few times that God put a time to happen anything. But one of them are the 70 weeks of Daniel and Jeremy. And is commonly accept that each day of this profecy represents one year. So, why to interpret this days like 24 hours day if there is no other fundament to interpret it?

And if Daniel says that the santuary will be purified after 2300 days, and Jesus came after 77 generations and about after 2300 years of the deluge, can we still interpret this days as 24 hours?

15 hours ago, tleichs said:

Well. What language speak God? And who did write the bible, God or human? The only think I know that God wrote was the 10 commandments. All other books was written from humans. We use the language to interpret the reality, but the reality is not words. Words is a code that infer signifies to the life. And a code can have more than one meanings and one meanings can have more than one code. When you say Gods definition, that is the definition that we humans put in it. But one think is fact: at the begin there is no sun and earth and although we interpret the creation of God with day (but no night). So the words used to the earth day and spiritually day are the same (Is there a earth rotation in heaven to definy one day?). But there is only one place in the bible that explains the day in earth and in heaven, and that is 2nd Peter 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day {is} with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So because we dont know how it was in the past, I like to use bible to interpret the bible. And in the profecies there is few times that God put a time to happen anything. But one of them are the 70 weeks of Daniel and Jeremy. And is commonly accept that each day of this profecy represents one year. So, why to interpret this days like 24 hours day if there is no other fundament to interpret it?

And if Daniel says that the santuary will be purified after 2300 days, and Jesus came after 77 generations and about after 2300 years of the deluge, can we still interpret this days as 24 hours?

Shalom, tleichs.

LOL! You don't know me very well, do you? I'm the one who doesn't believe in "Heaven!" (Well, technically, that's not true because I DO believe in the New Jerusalem, and it's the description of the city that is usually used for a description of "Heaven.")

You asked, "What language (does) ... God ... speak?" Well, Paul said,

Acts 26:13-15
13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue,
Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord (Master, Sir)? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
KJV

The thing about Daniel's 70 SEVENS (Hebrew: shaavu'iym) is that it was TRANSLATED as "weeks" but was NEVER said to be seven "DAYS!" All it says is that they were 70 SEVENS! And, the Torah gives such a precedent:

Leviticus 25:8-13
8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.
9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
11 A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.
12 For it is the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
13 In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession.
KJV

Much of Daniel's writing (which includes prophecies conveyed by the "messengers" sent to him), was FULFILLED in the past! Often erroneously said to be about the "antichrist," the prophecies in Daniel 11 are actually talking about the Seleucian king Antiochus IV "Epiphanes." HE was the one who defiled the Temple, and it was HE who set up the "abomination that maketh desolate."

Daniel 11:21-40
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.
26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27 And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.
28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.
29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. (These are the Maccabees [the "Hammer"] and his brothers!)
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
KJV

But, you see, if one fails to learn from history, then he or she will continue to think that these prophecies have NOT yet been fulfilled and will seek a future time when some "antichrist" will fulfill them!

The Bible gives us the prophecies, but sometimes we have to look to history to see if and/or when those prophecies have been fulfilled. Some of that history is given in the "non-canonical" books, such as 1 and 2 Maccabees. While these books are included in the Apocrypha, they are not tauted as "God's Word." Just the same, they ARE important history books that give us information about the intertestamental period.

Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it's FULFILLED; it's DONE! Some suggest that a prophecy can be fulfilled more than once, but then how would one know when that prophecy is complete? It makes NO sense to suggest that a prophecy can be fulfilled a second time! Could the 400 or so prophecies about the Messiah be fulfilled a SECOND time, and we have a SECOND MESSIAH?! NO! Of course not! Once fulfilled, the prophecy is complete. PERIOD! And, these prophecies about Antiochus IV "Epiphanes" are DONE!

There is such a thing as a "Double Reference," but this is talking about a PART of a prophecy being completed at one time and a DIFFERENT PART of the prophecy being completed at a different time. Bible Prophecy For Blockheads by Douglas Connelly  (Zondervan, 2002, p. 33) says it this way:

Double Reference

The term double reference is used to describe a Scripture passage in which part of the passage is fulfilled at one time while another part is fulfilled at a later time. Zechariah 9:9-10 is a clear example. Verse 9 was fulfilled during Jesus' earthly ministry; verse 10 will be fulfilled at Jesus' second coming.

Don't confuse this with the suggestion that a prophecy can be fulfilled more than once!

Edited by Retrobyter
to correct grammar

10 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, tleichs.

LOL! You don't know me very well, do you?  Why do you think I know you??? I'm the one who doesn't believe in "Heaven!" where does God live? (Well, technically, that's not true because I DO believe in the New Jerusalem, and it's the description of the city that is usually used for a description of "Heaven.")

You asked, "What language (does) ... God ... speak?" Well, Paul said, Why would God speak with Paul in Chinese?

Acts 26:13-15
13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Do you have any fonte that says Gods original language are Hebrew? Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord (Master, Sir)? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
KJV
And What is a language for you?

The thing about Daniel's 70 SEVENS (Hebrew: shaavu'iym) is that it was TRANSLATED as "weeks" but was NEVER said to be seven "DAYS!" All it says is that they were 70 SEVENS! And, the Torah gives such a precedent:

Leviticus 25:8-13
8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.
9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
11 A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.
12 For it is the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
13 In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession.
KJV

That is a good point although, i didnt know that, still you didnt explain me the coincidense about the 77 generations and 2300 years. PS. From David to Jesus are 42 generations, iteresting, isnt?

Much of Daniel's writing (which includes prophecies conveyed by the "messengers" sent to him), was FULFILLED  where did I said that the profecies below are not fulilled? in the past! Often erroneously said to be about the "antichrist," the prophecies in Daniel 11 are actually talking about the Seleucian king Antiochus IV "Epiphanes." HE was the one who defiled the Temple, and it was HE who set up the "abomination that maketh desolate."

Daniel 11:21-40
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.
26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27 And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.
28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.
29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. (These are the Maccabees [the "Hammer"] and his brothers!)
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
KJV

But, you see, if one fails to learn from history, then he or she will continue to think that these prophecies have NOT yet been fulfilled and will seek a future time when some "antichrist" will fulfill them!

The Bible gives us the prophecies, but sometimes we have to look to history to see if and/or when those prophecies have been fulfilled. Some of that history is given in the "non-canonical" books, such as 1 and 2 Maccabees. While these books are included in the Apocrypha, they are not tauted as "God's Word." Just the same, they ARE important history books that give us information about the intertestamental period.

Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it's FULFILLED; it's DONE! Some suggest that a prophecy can be fulfilled more than once, but then how would one know when that prophecy is complete? It makes NO sense to suggest that a prophecy can be fulfilled a second time! Could the 400 or so prophecies about the Messiah be fulfilled a SECOND time, and we have a SECOND MESSIAH?! NO! Of course not! Once fulfilled, the prophecy is complete. PERIOD! And, these prophecies about Antiochus IV "Epiphanes" are DONE!

There is such a thing as a "Double Reference," but this is talking about a PART of a prophecy being completed at one time and a DIFFERENT PART of the prophecy being completed at a different time. Bible Prophecy For Blockheads by Douglas Connelly  (Zondervan, 2002, p. 33) says it this way:

Don't confuse this with the suggestion that a prophecy can be fulfilled more than once!

Shalom, tleichs.

9 hours ago, tleichs said:

Shalom, tleichs.

LOL! You don't know me very well, do you?  Why do you think I know you???

I don't really think you would know me, but maybe you might have read some of the things I've written. It's a figure of speech here in the United States to say the opposite. I.e., "you don't know me at all."

Edited by Retrobyter
to answer the first question

9 hours ago, tleichs said:

I'm the one who doesn't believe in "Heaven!" where does God live?

Shalom, tleichs.

God lives everywhere! It might be more accurate to ask "where doesn't God live?" or "where does God NOT live?" He is "omnipresent." That is, He is everywhere all the time. So, why does one think that God must live in some place "other" called "Heaven?"

11 hours ago, tleichs said:

Do you have any fonte that says Gods original language are Hebrew?

Shalom, again, tleichs.

I'm assuming that you are asking, "Do you have any PROOF that says God's original language was Hebrew?" No, I don't; however, the Torah, which has only been written in Hebrew, to my knowledge, tells us that God spoke with Adam and Chavah (Eve) in the garden, and their words were written in Hebrew in the record we have of their conversations! The words that are recorded in the Torah about the Creation were also written in Hebrew and those words that named the "day" and the "night" and the "heavens" and the "earth" and the "seas" were the Hebrew words "yowm," "laaylaah," "shaamaayim," "erets," and "yamiym," respectively. So, I have NO reason to think that the original language used for communication between God and the man and his wife was NOT Hebrew. In fact, I believe the original language HAD TO BE Hebrew.

Something else I should add: Yeshua` (Jesus), God's Messiah, spoke Aramaic, which is close to Hebrew. He knew Hebrew. He could converse in Hebrew with the rabbis and priests in Jerusalem, and He could quote the Scriptures which were written in Hebrew. Yeshua` spoke Hebrew.

When He returns, He will rule and reign from Israel for a THOUSAND YEARS! Don't you think that the language of His country would be Hebrew? Don't you think that His "lingua franca" would be Hebrew? My native language is American English, but I'm studying Hebrew because I believe it will be the majority language of the Millennium. Why would anyone want to waste time going through an interpreter for a THOUSAND YEARS?!

God's very Name revealed to Mosheh (Moses) was "YHWH," based on a Hebrew verb!

Some people think that we will have "instant knowledge" after we receive our new bodies, but I don't think so. The Scriptures never promise that. Our new bodies may have better concentration and a better memory, but we will still need to follow the normal learning process. So, if we need Hebrew and we don't study Hebrew now, we will have to spend some time learning it at the beginning of the Millennium.

Edited by Retrobyter
to add more about the Hebrew language

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

JOSHUA 7:20 And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:

JOSHUA 7:21  When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they [are] hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.

200,000,000 ... 5 Months ... Abaddon called Apollyon, called Achan, called Anathema Maranatha (1 Corinthians 16:22, which is to say Jesus Christ), called  Antipatris (Acts 23:31), called Antipas the Martyr (Antichrist/Rev. 2:13) .................... 5 Months/50 Shekels or "HALF" ........................ Jesus and 10,000 Saints (Deu. 33:2) ... Babylon and 200,000,000 ...................... Jesus cast 2000 into the Sea, Jesus is the Head of Joseph (Joseph/Babylon was his Father), so BABYLON can only be another description of the Gospel's Program:

How Does "Time, Times, Half a Time" described Jesus Christ as Babylon, Good Question?

Short Answer, Matthew 1:17, reports Three Divisions with BABYLON as the THIRD, just like God gave Three Sets of 10 Commandments two copies to Moses and one Copy to Joshua.  When God talks about BABYLON then God is also talking about the THIRD KINGDOM, or Revelations (Old Testament, New Testament, Revelation/Babylon).  The payment for sin = Babylon/Joseph (Joseph is finally accounted with the Tribes in Revelation, with a unified figure, just as Jesus said "Twelve Legions of Angels" will bring the End Time, Jesus will bring his Body the Temple Stones or the Sign of Divorce to announce the Events of Revelation).

DANIEL 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which [was] upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that [it shall be] for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished.

EZRA 8:35 [Also] the children of those that had been carried away, which were come out of the captivity, offered burnt offerings unto the God of Israel, twelve bullocks for all Israel, ninety and six rams, seventy and seven lambs, twelve he goats [for] a sin offering: all [this was] a burnt offering unto the LORD.

70 = Time ... 70x7 = Times ... 42 = Half a Time

(1290 = Time ... 1260 (42 Months) Times ... 42 = Half a Time)

70 Weeks / 2 = 35 + 7 = 42 Months.  "HALF IS CALLED BABYLON THE SIGN OF DIVORCE" ... ... ... ... you rather we, have no legal right to a Sign of Divorce until the 42 Months of (Gentiles) Revelation.   God gives Three Measurements of the Covenant:

70 Generations of Luke 3

70x7 Generations of Matthew 1:17

42 Generations of Matthew 1

144,000 Reuben

144,000 Benjamin

144,000 Joseph/Babylon

1 Chronicles 5:1/Job 42:13-17 ... God calls his Gospel by Three Divisions of 144,000 ... echoed in Revelation.  No More, No Less.  God gives is parallel measurements for the 144,000 Salvation Programs.........................First Set = 2300, 1290, 1335 ... Second Set = 2000, 1260, 153 ... Third Set = 200,000,000 ... 42 Months ... 5 Months

The Book of Daneil reveals the Dimension of the Ark which is the First Covenant of God to Bless Satan for the Judgment ................. The New Testament Reveals the Second Covenant of God to Bless Satan with Chastisement (Jesus cast 2000 into the sea, Peter 153 Fish, and John reveals 1260 is the same as 42 Months, these were corrections) ...................... THIRD COVENANT, God completes the Judgment of Satan, by uniting HEAVEN AND EARTH for 42 Months, then by calling forth a Remanent for 5 Months Exodus.

There are Two Ways to View the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9, as we have stated is one way.  Also the Old Way, 62 Weeks = 430 years in Egypt for the Hebrews, 7 Weeks = 49 for Sabbatical Sabbaths of Zacharias ending when God told Zacharias to be silent instead of sounding the Trumpet at the Jubilee of that Day for the Birth of Jesus, and Finally the Crucifixion of Jesus for the final Week of Daniel since Jesus is the Sacrifice and Oblation for Sin.

TIME, TIMES AND HALF A TIME = Conclusion of Jesus appointing the 144,000 of Joseph which began with Moses in Egypt (Rod of Joseph or Staff of Moses, Jannes and Jambres (Two Witnesses of Revelation, same as Moses)

TIME, TIMES AND HALF A TIME = Division of God's measurements denoting the Events of Revelation which begins at the 42 Month Mark

Love and Blessings (Some of the Figures are not literal, there is simply no coherent association, for example, 62 Weeks of Daniel is not denoting the  434 years, but only 430 Years as the Gospel states with the Hebrews in Egypt, 62 weeks is also not the same as 42 Months, so there is no coherent association in some circumstances .... nonetheless if God allows the antichrist to dictate if you have a sign or a vision or if God allows you to cause the Antichrist suffer and death as revelations states until the gospel's program is concluded, then you will simply suffer and die and that is all, we can only see what becomes necessary as you lose your inhibitions to keep hurting the Antichrist (nightly walk tonight after dark).