• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter the kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell; where the worm never dies and the fire never goes out.

Christ's instructions didn't reveal anything new. He simply reiterated information that had already been released by an Old Testament prophet roughly 700 years before.

Isa 66:22-24 . . From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me-- speaks the Lord. And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against Me: their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.

That rather grisly scene depicts a sort of tourist attraction similar to the La Brea Tar Pits museum in Los Angeles where the remains of prehistoric creatures, excavated from ancient asphalt deposits, are on display.

A worm that thrives in flame is pretty amazing, but not unreasonable. The 4-inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176° Fahrenheit, hot enough to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even warmer.

Q: The human body is organic. So then, how can it survive in flame as perpetual nourishment for those worms?

A: The laws of nature are not absolute. They were created in the first chapter of Genesis to control the behavior of created matter, and as such are easily manipulated by the one who designed them.

For example: fire totally incinerated the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah but left unscathed a desert shrub that Moses encountered in the Sinai outback while tending his father-in-law's sheep. (Ex 3:1-3)

Compare Dan 3:8-27 where a blistering hot fire didn't even so much as singe the clothing of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego while slaying the guards that threw them in the furnace.

Q: Won't the worms eventually exhaust their food supply?

A: There are incidents in the Bible where small amounts of food stuffs were miraculously multiplied. One example is 1Kgs 17:8-16 where a tiny bit of flour and oil nourished Elijah and a widow woman, and her son, for a good many days during a time of prolonged drought.

Another incident is at 2Kgs 4:1-7 where a certain widow's husband died and left her deeply in debt. God multiplied her last pot of oil sufficiently to sell enough to pay off her debts, thereby saving her two sons from slavery.

No; I'm pretty sure those worms won't need to worry about running out of human remains with which to sustain themselves.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 12 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 669,720 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I totally reject the premise

John the revelator said the number of the redeemed were so many that no man could count. Jesus said "MANY will come from the east and from the west"

And God's house will be FULL

When they aksed Him "Lord will many be saved?" He didn't answer that question, He said [according to my understanding]

"That is not YOUR business, that is MY business.....your business is to enter in at the strait gate [if you really care about winning souls] for many shall seek to enter therein and shall not be able"

I meet many, many Christians who I know for sure are saved....but if you asked me have they entered in to LIFE?...ah I couldn't say they have. They are not in the narrow way they are still in the broad way...I am thankful they are saved, they are precious and they make up perhaps the bulk of the church.

John Wesley found the strait way, the narrow path and God sent him straight back to the broad way that leads to destruction to turn MILLIONS from Satan to God.

Don't believe it folks....there will be more than just a few shrivelled souls in heaven

Edited by TehMill

Nah, nah, it's all the wrong terminology see

Nobody strives to be saved, nobody is told to strive to be saved....people strive NOT to be saved. But the saving message goes out to all mankind and is for whosoever will. Believing is not striving....we see plenty folk striving and telling everyone they must work and strive to be saved

We who are saved know they are wrong for it's not by works of righteousness which we have done but by grace alone through faith

When Jesus says strive to enter in at the strait gate He is speaking about the discipleship necessary to win souls, they had asked Him about souls being saved...saving souls my friends is hard work, you cain't do it any old way.

Jesus said "lift up your eyes and SEE, the fields white already unto harvest [does that speak the language of few?] but the WORKERS are few.

Again in Hebrews we read "strive to enter His rest" He's talking to folks already saved

Look here

Suppose it's true the virtuous maidens are the church, I don't think they are the church but most folk believe the wise virgins is the church...the BRIDE is the church, she is already at the wedding feast with the Groom when the maidens seek to enter.

But suppose they are the church...well they represent half the world population, 5 are wise and 5 foolish. So at least half the world will be saved for starters. But I believe they are as well as the bride, the church.

Gotta start thinking through these scriptures again folks, they do not always say what they appear to on the surface.

Who strives to be saved, I never heard of it...people strive NOT to be saved.

The first thing people need if they want to become soulwinners is VISION. People talking about a few shrivelled souls being saved is not a vision, it is not even worth turning the telly off for.

"Lift up your eyes and SEE the fields already white unto harvest" that is not few, but the few are the reapers, the workers. Many are called but few are any good to be chosen for soulwinning work.

Jesus showed the disciples before He called them. He told them to cast their net for a catch....it wasn't even the time for catching fish. But they caught so many stinky fish that the net broke and the boat began to sink...they had to call in the Pentecostals

Then Jesus said "now let's catch men"

Go to your bible read what Jesus said. MANY will come from the east and from the west and sit at table with Abe, Ike and Jake.

• Group:  Members

10 hours ago, Davida said:

what point are you trying to make in this thread?

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or Donald Trump's wall.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Deleted post

Edited by Amore_Amibo

-

Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day old age catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years; and those stones won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to eventually understand orbital mechanics and string theory; the stones-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being intelligent? I said in my heart: This is meaningless For the intelligent man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the intelligent man too must die.

CRUNCH UPDATE: 14 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 781,340 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Aug 4, 2016.

/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:09 PM, WebersHome said:

-

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Aug 04, 2016 @ 10:58 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 324,160,394 with a death rate of approximately one every 13 seconds; which translates to an average of 6,646 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 4,832 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,464 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 103 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 51 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,464 condemned souls per 324,160,394 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,342,269,401 people, would suggest something like 55,810 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,325 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 22 hours and 17 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 04:17 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or Donald Trump's wall.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

I think its a bit callous to speak of those going to hell as broiler chickens. We weep for those unsaved who have perished and do our best to keep others from the flames of hell.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hell ain't no joke, that's for sure. 

It's absolutely heartbreaking to think there are so many people dying everyday and spending eternity in such an awful place. I bet the worst tortures on the face of this planet don't even BEGIN to scratch the surface of Hell's horrors.