IGNORED

It is not in the Bible ?

wincam

Guest Robert
19 hours ago, wincam said:

not at all - go take another careful look - wincam 

" Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?” And they took offense at Him." (Matthew 6:3, NASB)

Guest Robert
13 hours ago, wincam said:

it matters not a hoot about all your profundities - it is still not in the bible - wincam

We repeatedly posted scripture demonstrating your error, and you continually refused to acknowledge it, insisting on your own opinion. That being the case, I have no more to say to you, and I doubt anyone else here will make any progress either.

So, TItus 3:10-11 applies.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, MeCajunboy said:

Oh Shilpa,  you have gotten harder and almost bitter in the years I've been gone.   It only took me two posts to discover that.   Imagine the newbies that come to learn and see your tone?   Is this how God wants us to behave here or elsewhere?   

Or a woman so filled will the knowledge that you've always had I would have expected more from you dear heart of God.   

Nothing I said was bitter.  Wincam is claiming that things are not in the Bible that are clearly there and others quoted chapter and verse to prove it.   I am simply suggesting that he read the Bible and make sure he knows what is or isn't there before claiming that something is or isn't in the Bible and a concordance is a good tool to that end.

You are reading something into my response that isn't there.   And frankly, I don't appreciate your condescending tone and I am a man not a woman.   That is clearly marked just under my username.   My username is not shilpa.  It is Shiloh.  Please get your facts straight.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1983

Why waste your time arguing this. The scriptures have been given, explained and discussed. This person clearly asked the question to rile people into an argument rather than to seek the answer to the question...perhaps we should discuss why Catholics consider themselves a Christian denomination rather than a completely different religion and if they are in fact a different religion with their own version of the bible (including the apocrypha) as the Mormons and jws also do, why are we surprised when they have their own misguided beliefs/interpretations of scripture and why shouldn't we expect them to? This is not an issue of quibbling over differences in doctrine, this is an issue regarding the need for the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of the blind so that they can see the truth for themselves.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

On Friday, August 05, 2016 at 3:59 AM, wincam said:

True. I honestly think win cam is just trolling us. He really isn't offering any evidence to back his claims and is just pretty much insulting Protestants

Its pretty obvious thst . thr

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 8/5/2016 at 1:44 PM, wincam said:

not at all - it only says Jesus's mother is called Mary - not that His brothers are her children - slipshod, careless reading of the Bible has and is causing a lot of problems - wincam 

Who else's children could they possibly be? 

Thinking about this logically they have to have at least one parent in common with Jesus don't they? And as Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit within Mary that means he only had one biological parent - hence these brothers and sisters must her offspring. 

Now, we can quote: 

Matthew 12:46-47--"While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55--"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Mark 6:2-3--"And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

John 2:12--"After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

Acts 1:14--"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

1 Cor. 9:4-5--"Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"

Gal. 1:19--But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother."

And ask ourselves the question, 'if the bible wanted us to know Jesus had biological siblings how would it say it?' and of course the answer to that question is, 'in exactly the way it does say it'

But there is another very important point to notices, Matthew 1:24-25--"And Joseph arose from his sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took as his wife, and kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus." Notice that word 'until' it is significant, it means that once Jesus was born Joseph entered into a sexual relationship with Mary, the natural result of which (especially pre modern contraception) is virtually inevitably pregnancy. 

Now, you may call this 'slipshod' reading of the Bible if you wish, but I would challenge you instead to actually interact with the arguments presents and offer an alternative exegesis that is more reasonable then the one I have put forward :D 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When one conforms to God's Word the preeminence in itself ... it no longer becomes convoluted with opinion but
lays into the authority of living epistles made so by The Holy Spirit. The narrow gate is putting all else from this
place and submitting then to God Himself through His Word... till then you will remain in error

Quote Barnhouse:How To Know
I must tread with exceeding care for I do not wish to remove assurance from any true believer, but I do not wish to give false comfort to anyone who is deceived in the nature of Christ. There are three ways whereby any believer may know that he is truly saved. The first is, of course, the authority of the Word of God. This is the objective proof. The second is the witness of the Spirit in his heart. This is the subjective proof. The third is the demonstration of the power of Christ within the life of the man, bringing him to an experimental holiness, which, though not sinless perfection while in this body of flesh, is moving in that direction constantly.
(from Romans: Expositions of Bible Doctrines © 1966 by Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. All rights reserved.)
Quote from Is conscience the supreme rule of life
 Now this very obvious consideration shows that there must be a higher standard than conscience by which men should try all their opinions, however conscientiously they are held, and that therefore conscience cannot be regarded as a standard of opinion and practice in any such sense as to interfere with the supreme and exclusive authority of the Word of God, or to release men from the obligation to regulate their whole opinions and practice by its statements
(from The Biblical Illustrator Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 Ages Software, Inc. and Biblesoft, Inc.)
But more than all else in considerations of this-
Quote Owen:

(1.) There is in it a sense of the power of the word in giving peace with God. This is the difficultest thing in the world to be impressed on the mind of a man really and seriously convinced of the guilt of sin. Many ways such an one cannot but try, to find some rest and satisfaction; but all, after some vain promises, do issue in disappointments. But when the soul doth really close with that way which it is directed unto by the gospel, — that is, when it mixeth it with faith as a word of righteousness, — the authority of the word in the conscience doth secure it that its peace is firm and stable. This it is to have an experiment of the word, when we find our souls satisfied and fortified by the authority of it, against all oppositions, that through Christ we are accepted of God, and are at peace with him.

(2.) In satisfying the heart to choose and prefer spiritual, invisible, and eternal things, before those that are present, and offer us the security of their immediate enjoyment. When we are satisfied that it is good for us, that it is best for us, to forego present earthly things, which we see and handle, and know full well the comfort, benefit, and advantage of, for those things which eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor can they by any reasonings of our own take place in the conceptions of our hearts, merely on the authority of the word, testifying to the excellency and certainty of these invisible things, then have we an experiment of the power of the word. Now, as the experience intended consists in these things, so it is easy to discern of how great importance it is, and how much it is our duty to endeavor it.
(from Works of John Owen: Exposition of the Epistle to the Hebrews, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database Copyright © 2004, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. and Ages Software, Inc. All rights reserved.)

We all must search out the foundation upon which we stand for it is the foundation of the Word which shall remain forever...

1 Peter 1:22-25

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
KJV

Love, Steven

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

On 8/6/2016 at 4:06 AM, shiloh357 said:

Nothing I said was bitter.  Wincam is claiming that things are not in the Bible that are clearly there and others quoted chapter and verse to prove it.   I am simply suggesting that he read the Bible and make sure he knows what is or isn't there before claiming that something is or isn't in the Bible and a concordance is a good tool to that end.

You are reading something into my response that isn't there.   And frankly, I don't appreciate your condescending tone and I am a man not a woman.   That is clearly marked just under my username.   My username is not shilpa.  It is Shiloh.  Please get your facts straight.

Ma'am,  you live in a delusional world where you think everyone who disagrees with out is evil and wrong.  You w Dr e the reason I left years ago.   As long as you and I both know we can both be wrong and we can both be right at any given time, we will get along fine.   Just know,  I'm not the same person I was years ago.  And you do not own or dictate what I accept in life...  God Bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, MeCajunboy said:

Ma'am,  you live in a delusional world where you think everyone who disagrees with out is evil and wrong.  You w Dr e the reason I left years ago.   As long as you and I both know we can both be wrong and we can both be right at any given time, we will get along fine.   Just know,  I'm not the same person I was years ago.  And you do not own or dictate what I accept in life...  God Bless 

Cajun, shiloh is a male. Could you at least refer to him as a male?

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

Cajun, shiloh is a male. Could you at least refer to him as a male?

Certainly,  since you requested it.  But I always go with how a person behaves first.  Honestly,  I always identified you as female by your conversations.... If you are referencing me that is.   But I'll do even better.   I will unfollow you immediately.   That will satisfy both of us.   God knows everyone was no designed to live together in harmony..  That's why he allowed us to have fences. And borders and WALLS