IGNORED

"When I see God, I'm Gonna..."

Guest Robert

Guest Robert

We all tend to get upset at things in this life. As humans, it’s unavoidable. But how many times have we, or someone else said: "When I get to heaven and appear before God, I'm gonna tell him off!!!", or something to that effect?

I’ve heard this numerous times (most of the time from unbelievers), and it never fails to amaze me.

The thing is though; people were never in a habit of "telling" God anything in the Bible. In fact, when his "friends" saw him, “telling God” was the last thing that crossed their minds. With that, let’s go through a short list of their reactions when they did see God:

Moses (the one God chose to lead the Israelites out of Egypt):

"When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” He said also, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.” (Exodus 3:4-6, NASB)

Job (A servant of the Lord who went through a bunch of trouble):

"Then the LORD said to Job, "Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it." Then Job answered the LORD and said, “Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You? I lay my hand on my mouth. Once I have spoken, and I will not answer; Even twice, and I will add nothing more.” (Job 40:1-5, NASB)

Isaiah (A major prophet of the Lord):

"In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called out to another and said, “Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory.” And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. Then I said, “Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”  (Isaiah 6:1-6, NASB, emphasis mine)

Daniel (the one in the lion's den):

"On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, while I was by the bank of the great river, that is, the Tigris, I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult. Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves. So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength. But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground." (Daniel 10:4-9, NASB)

Peter, James and John (three of Jesus' disciples):

"Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, “Get up, and do not be afraid.” (Matthew 17:1-7, NASB, emphasis mine)

John (same as the one in the previous selection, but an old man now):

"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." (Revelation 1:12-18, NASB)

In all these instances, all of these people, whom loved the Lord, fell down in AWE when they saw Him as He truly is! No one had it in them to say much to the Lord in His presence, because His holiness, cleanness and pureness were that great. It was so awesome and beautiful that it silenced those who saw it, and caused them to fall to the ground in just sheer awe .

On that note, we need to keep in mind that God is not going to be impressed with how impressive some folks may think they are. Money, fame, power, prestige, a name, friends, you name it. None of these things affects God in the least. For one thing, they all pale in comparison to His glory and majesty anyways, as mentioned before. For another, He created everything in the world (including all of us), and owns everything in this world and universe. There’s not a thing that we have that isn’t actually His (save our sin condition).

More to the point: If all of God's FRIENDS fell in fear when he appeared before them, what do you think his ENEMIES will do when they stand before him?

So, the next time someone thinks that they’re going to give God “A piece of their mind”, they would do well to think twice on that account. We have free will in this life, but all of us saved and unsaved alike, will one day have to give an account. And it’s going to be in His full presence, with a full recollection of memories and witnesses who would testify to the events in question.

It’s a sad prospect if we don’t take the Lord seriously; a frightening one if you don’t have Him as your Saviour.

YBIC,

-Robert

Edited by RobertS

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

When I see Him I"m sure I will find myself face down at His Throne, Thanking Him for all His Blessings, for saving me for loving me so much and taking in all the beauty.  

Then I want to find my family, and be reunited, including my Worthy Family. 

I believe all the things that are past that were sad will be gone.  Then I"m going to realize that this is just the start of eternity.  So many things to do and see.... 

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, RobertS said:

We all tend to get upset at things in this life. As humans, it’s unavoidable. But how many times have we, or someone else said: "When I get to heaven and appear before God, I'm gonna tell him off!!!", or something to that effect?

I’ve heard this numerous times (most of the time from unbelievers), and it never fails to amaze me.

The thing is though; people were never in a habit of "telling" God anything in the Bible. In fact, when his "friends" saw him, “telling God” was the last thing that crossed their minds. With that, let’s go through a short list of their reactions when they did see God:

Moses (the one God chose to lead the Israelites out of Egypt):

"When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” He said also, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.” (Exodus 3:4-6, NASB)

Job (A servant of the Lord who went through a bunch of trouble):

"Then the LORD said to Job, "Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it." Then Job answered the LORD and said, “Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You? I lay my hand on my mouth. Once I have spoken, and I will not answer; Even twice, and I will add nothing more.” (Job 40:1-5, NASB)

Isaiah (A major prophet of the Lord):

"In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called out to another and said, “Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory.” And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. Then I said, “Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”  (Isaiah 6:1-6, NASB, emphasis mine)

Daniel (the one in the lion's den):

"On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, while I was by the bank of the great river, that is, the Tigris, I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult. Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves. So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength. But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground." (Daniel 10:4-9, NASB)

Peter, James and John (three of Jesus' disciples):

"Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, “Get up, and do not be afraid.” (Matthew 17:1-7, NASB, emphasis mine)

John (same as the one in the previous selection, but an old man now):

"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." (Revelation 1:12-18, NASB)

In all these instances, all of these people, whom loved the Lord, fell down in AWE when they saw Him as He truly is! No one had it in them to say much to the Lord in His presence, because His holiness, cleanness and pureness were that great. It was so awesome and beautiful that it silenced those who saw it, and caused them to fall to the ground in just sheer awe .

On that note, we need to keep in mind that God is not going to be impressed with how impressive some folks may think they are. Money, fame, power, prestige, a name, friends, you name it. None of these things affects God in the least. For one thing, they all pale in comparison to His glory and majesty anyways, as mentioned before. For another, He created everything in the world (including all of us), and owns everything in this world and universe. There’s not a thing that we have that isn’t actually His (save our sin condition).

More to the point: If all of God's FRIENDS fell in fear when he appeared before them, what do you think his ENEMIES will do when they stand before him?

So, the next time someone thinks that they’re going to give God “A piece of their mind”, they would do well to think twice on that account. We have free will in this life, but all of us saved and unsaved alike, will one day have to give an account. And it’s going to be in His full presence, with a full recollection of memories and witnesses who would testify to the events in question.

It’s a sad prospect if we don’t take the Lord seriously; a frightening one if you don’t have Him as your Saviour.

YBIC,

-Robert

I often think this

We will never be more in His presence than we now are, it is recognition and understanding that which determines, our, faith, our walk and our fruit. Peoples's [Christian's]  whole lives can be turned right way up in an instance if they once understand this.

I was once sharing with an extremely intellectual but atheistic lady, she would only tolerate so much God talk be fore curtly dismissing me, and now she had come to the end of her tether "If you believe in miracles and all that stuff why aren't you in India making that nation a tolerable place to live"

I gently explained that I can only go through doors if God opens them "but I know God listens to what people say about Him."

Now this young woman had a much beloved candle plant [we were in her office] it is a succulent and should produce tiny candle-like flowers each year, but to her dismay after 5 years it had not produced so much as wick, despite all her loving attention.

I said "I can no more do miracles than I can make that candle plant flower"

The next morning I was summoned to her office, you know it, that darn plant had flowered overnight, not only so but it had produced such a mass of flowers that it had caused it's pot to fall over on it's saucer....I had been summoned to do a menial task but as I entered her office she looked at the plant, I looked at the plant, we looked at each other and neither of us said a word.

She used to suffer horrific migraines and when she came in white and tight nobody dared talk to her. Her job was vital and only she could do it so she had to come in.

One morning she came in white and tight and I gave her the morning mail and touched her head, barely touched and said "Jesus heals you" her eyes spat daggers at me, she turned away in a rage.....I had kicked her when she was down, unforgivable.

But she came back 30 minutes later saying she was well, it had never happened before, her migraine had left her.

I told her she would never have another migraine.

Was she saved? I'm sure she will be, she started talking about a little "happy band" of Christians who met near her home.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

From what I understand, when we see Jesus, every ones knee will go down without their will, Jesus has to speak first, and we have to follow , what I am waiting to see, and that if I could, is the expression on his face, that might say, thank you, for you did not live just for yourself and you open up to others with the good news, and things like that , 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Robert....

Well,as for me......

I Can Only Imagine
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk, by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When you face is before me
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
Surrounded by you glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus
Or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah
Will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes
When I find myself standing in the son
I can only imagine when all I would do is forever
Forever worship you
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus
Or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I

With love-in Christ,kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

40 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Robert....

Well,as for me......

With love-in Christ,kwik

And me too.

RustyAngeL

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

23 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Robert....

Well,as for me......

With love-in Christ,kwik

One of my favorite songs as well, Kwik.  

One of my favorite songs as well, Kwik.                                                                             Willa

:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I will  show him the respect he deserves, thank him and then approach the throne boldly as it says we can and ask,,,,   "what now"

I will  show him the respect he deserves, thank him and then approach the throne boldly as it says we can and ask,,,,   "what now"                       other one

Perhaps I will be able to do the same after the first couple of million years that  I am speechless & awe struck-lol                Love ya,Kwik