• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Of course not. There are many missionaries that risk their lives in repressive Islamic countries. And we are to pray for all men.

The Jews need Jesus equally...but at least their book (OT) does not twist the truth about the Messiah like the Koran does, so in that sense they are better off.

No, that is the worst part of the Jews. Even with the OT, they fail to acknowledge Jesus.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

If you continued to say that Jews are His chosen people, it means that. 

1 Peter 2
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

So God cannot have two chosen people?    God has promises to Israel He has not fulfilled.  He is faithful to Keep His word.  

God says that they are still His nation:

Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD of hosts is his name: "If this fixed order departs from before me, declares the LORD, then shall the offspring of Israel cease from being a nation before me forever."
(Jer 31:35-36)

The last I checked the sun and moon and stars are still up there as they have always been. So Israel is still God's nation, whether your theology makes room for that fact, or not.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

No, he claimed apostleship all by himself.

You need to read your Bible:

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia:(2Co 1:1)

Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—
(Gal 1:1)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesusy by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope (1Ti 1:1)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,  (2Ti 1:1)

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Davida said:

You esteem and lift up  a prophet of a false religion that compels it's followers to slaughter  Christians and Jews?  Islam is a false religion  that is the antithesis of Christianity.   You post bizarre beliefs for someone who claims to Love the Jewish Messiah - JESUS Christ. Are you calling it idolatry to acknowledge the Deity of Christ Jesus? Do you believe Jesus is God?  What about the  Holy Trinity?  You seem to believe the Koran rather than the Bible as the Authority of GOD.

Yes, it sounds like what we have is a Muslim, here.

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Since 1967 more Jews have come to know Yeshua than all the previous 2000 years combined.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/religion/article/messianic_jewish_groups_claim_rapid_growth_20120612

It is happening in Muslim world too.

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Simply false..

(2Pe 3:15)  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(2Pe 3:16)  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Thus Paul's writings are as good as Scripture.

(Gal 2:7)  But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
(Gal 2:8)  (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
(Gal 2:9)  And when James, Cephas (Peter), and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
(Gal 2:10)  Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Peter an Apostle to the Jews; Paul an Apostle to the Gentiles and they both  were in agreement.

And considering 'apostle' means 'sent one', consider this...

(Act 22:21)  And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

As much as you claim the title Christian, your words are revealing yourself as an apologist for Islam.

Peter calls Paul as a brother, not as an apostle. Scripture refers to the OT. Logic can prove both ways. Quoting self-claims of Paul will not prove anything with regard to his assumed apostleship. Before Act 22:21, Paul was chosen as an instrument to witness to both Gentiles and Jews. He deviated from this commandment for convenience.

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So God cannot have two chosen people?    God has promises to Israel He has not fulfilled.  He is faithful to Keep His word.  

God says that they are still His nation:

Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD of hosts is his name: "If this fixed order departs from before me, declares the LORD, then shall the offspring of Israel cease from being a nation before me forever."
(Jer 31:35-36)

The last I checked the sun and moon and stars are still up there as they have always been. So Israel is still God's nation, whether your theology makes room for that fact, or not.

Quoting OT after the advent of the NT has no value without considering the work of Jesus. It is no longer a physical entity. It is spiritual Jerusalem now. There is no difference between Jews and Gentiles now. All through Jesus only, no special privileges for the transgressors.   

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You need to read your Bible:

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia:(2Co 1:1)

Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—
(Gal 1:1)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesusy by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope (1Ti 1:1)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,  (2Ti 1:1)

Jesus called twelve apostles to judge the twelve tribes. The betrayer Judas was replaced. So anyone claiming apostleship is a liar according to John in his Revelation. One cannot quote self-claim Paul to prove his claims.

8 hours ago, Davida said:

You esteem and lift up  a prophet of a false religion that compels it's followers to slaughter  Christians and Jews?  Islam is a false religion  that is the antithesis of Christianity.   You post bizarre beliefs for someone who claims to Love the Jewish Messiah - JESUS Christ. Are you calling it idolatry to acknowledge the Deity of Christ Jesus? Do you believe Jesus is God?  What about the  Holy Trinity?  You seem to believe the Koran rather than the Bible as the Authority of GOD.

Bible has revealed the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The rest is man-made doctrines. Some of them politically motivated through emperor Constantine. 

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Quoting OT after the advent of the NT has no value without considering the work of Jesus. It is no longer a physical entity. It is spiritual Jerusalem now. There is no difference between Jews and Gentiles now. All through Jesus only, no special privileges for the transgressors.   

You clearly do not understand the relationship of the OT to the NT.   The NT does not cancel out the OT.   The NT amplifies the OT, builds upon it.