• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Davida said:

It is puzzling because you hold an attitude of disbelief and hostility towards much of the Bible for someone who was baptized. Did the Pastor who baptized you know of these opinions?

I was baptized in 1987 on Easter Sunday. That pastor is no longer with the church. Now I attend a different church (non-denominational). I have been highly critical of practices of the church, and my articles are being published in their Christian monthly Newsletter. I admire their openness on this account.  I have published three books on my studies.

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The canon always existed.  The Church did not decide what the canon would be.  The correct books for the canon were discovered by the Church.  

But why should that matter you?  You don't believe the Bible, anyway.

God is infinite. He cannot be limited by man-made compilation of certain books.

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Sorry, but you don't appear to even believe Jesus' words.  You may claim to, but your posts don't reflect the attitude of a true follower of Jesus.

God in His great wisdom has given not just one but four books on the preaching of Jesus for understanding Jesus from four different directions, so to say. I am not a follower of Jesus since I don't fit into His definition of a disciple. I still don't have the courage to give up all and follow Him. I am just an humble believer.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Going to church...fine, being baptised...fine, claiming to be a believer...fine, question is have you been born again? Has the love for Jesus been shed abroad in your heart? Are your eyes being  opened to the Truths of Scripture?

I think I am born from above. I don't like the usage born-again. That is why I see the truths and capable of filtering out the contradictions in writings against Jesus' way.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

People don't receive Jesus and His words, instead they want to receive Paul....
who came up with his own title of apostleship because....
his epistles help in fabricating....
convenient concepts....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

For all have sinned,
and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 3:23 (King James Bible)

Convenient

As it is written,
There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:10 (King James Bible)

And Truthful Concepts

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23 (King James Bible)

Truly Truly

Much more then, being now justified by his blood,
we shall be saved from wrath through him.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,
much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
by whom we have now received the atonement.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world,
and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,
for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:9-12 (King James Bible)

True

But what saith it?
The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth,
and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God
hath raised him from the dead,
thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart
man believeth unto righteousness;
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:8-10 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed

Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD,
even thy salvation, according to thy word.
Psalms 119:41 (King James Bible)

And Be Happy Dear One

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

I think I am born from above. I don't like the usage born-again. That is why I see the truths and capable of filtering out the contradictions in writings against Jesus' way.

But you said you believe the words of Jesus and in John 3:3-6  Jesus said you must be born again.   So, either you believe the words of Jesus or you don't.

Guest shiloh357

God in His great wisdom has given not just one but four books on the preaching of Jesus for understanding Jesus from four different directions, so to say. I am not a follower of Jesus since I don't fit into His definition of a disciple. I still don't have the courage to give up all and follow Him. I am just an humble believer.

Well, the problem is that Jesus has no other standard for those who believe, than be His follower.   If you were a believer, you would follow Him.    Looks like you "believe" but are still trying to do it on your terms.

Guest shiloh357

God is infinite. He cannot be limited by man-made compilation of certain books.

The Bible is not a man-made compilation of books.  It is God's word. 

Yet you discount Luke and Acts (remember: by disqualifying Act, you also disqualified the Gospel of Luke, both of which contained Jesus' words), but insist you value Jesus' words.

As for "following Jesus"; it's not a "kind of" thing with following the Lord. You either are His or you are not. You follow Him or you don't.

Even the demons believe and shudder.

Edited by RobertS

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Bible is not a man-made compilation of books.  It is God's word. 

Yes, and we either take ALL of it or NONE of it; we do not have a choice. And no other book has the true word of God in it, and the Holy Spirit never contradicts what has been spoke in the Bible.