• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, artsylady said:

The court system is not perfect.   The government is not perfect.   It can go into a country, invade the people living there, massacre them, take their land, make them dependent on paper money, give them land, take their land away and when they have a problem in fighting for water, ignore them or side with the big oil company.

You know, the tribes that are on the land now took it from the tribe who had it before them.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

You said this, and I quote " If it was white farmers who were having the exact same problem right now, all of America would be behind them supporting them. "

We had some white farmers/ranchers who were having some similar problems not long ago.  Did you find that all of America was behind them supporting them?

I had not heard about the story.  In any case, was there an abundance of people OPPOSING the white farmers? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

You know, the tribes that are on the land now took it from the tribe who had it before them.  

Great point!  We are here and now, let history be history and move on.  If my ancestors were wronged at any point, does it matter?  Every person of every race could play the victim on how their ancestors were wronged.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, artsylady said:

I had not heard about the story.  In any case, was there an abundance of people OPPOSING the white farmers? 

Yes, the vast majority of people were opposed to what they were doing.  You really should keep up with the news if you are going to accuse the whole country of being racist.  

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, artsylady said:

Who is opposing the people at standing rock?  The law officers?  The private land owners?  Not the media.  Not me.  They can have their day in court.  I oppose their violence, and playing the victim.  

I am done arguing here.  I had an epiphany.  You are all right.  100 percent.  I am 100 percent wrong.  Native Americans are lazy, greedy, pretending to care about water and their ancient burial sites when really it's about greed. They don't deserve the land they're on so maybe more of it should be taken away.  And they should just let the pipeline through the land because the nice oil people want to provide us with energy.  Oil leaks and spills have never happened before so why would we think it might happen here?  It's crazy really.  And putting money into developing clean energy to make it affordable?  Well that is just plain silly and should never happen. 

Thank you for your insight.  

I don't want to argue anymore.  It's totally absurd to do so.

One more thing I forgot to mention. 

Natives suffered a ton of abuse and genocide in the name of Christianity but that has nothing to do with me.  I don't need to care about them or their struggles.  They worship false gods, just like folks in Africa, but the natives here are none of my concern, even if they are asking for help or support.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

3 hours ago, artsylady said:

I am done arguing here.  I had an epiphany.  You are all right.  100 percent.  I am 100 percent wrong.  Native Americans are lazy, greedy, pretending to care about water and their ancient burial sites when really it's about greed. They don't deserve the land they're on so maybe more of it should be taken away.  And they should just let the pipeline through the land because the nice oil people want to provide us with energy.  Oil leaks and spills have never happened before so why would we think it might happen here?  It's crazy really.  And putting money into developing clean energy to make it affordable?  Well that is just plain silly and should never happen. 

Thank you for your insight.  

I don't want to argue anymore.  It's totally absurd to do so.

I'm not sure what to make of this specific subject but when it comes to renewable energy we really do not have an issue with making energy. The technology is there, the problem we have is with controlling the output of wind and solar, we can produce an abundance of energy but the technology of storing it and using it when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow is where the money is being spent. 

The grid system is old and does need updated, over time, but can still be used as we learn to harness control of renewable peak output. Oil, gas, coal, nuclear, hydro production can be controlled to drive the grid to what it needs and can handle. Adding more solar and wind can at this time blow transformers and shut the grid down shutting industry and causing massive blackouts.

There are places in the country, having an abundance of wind and solar, that actually call industries to use more power, "turn everything on", to keep the grid from blowing. Even calling wind companies to stop the windmills.

A new grid system is astronomical in price and not possible, especially when we aren't sure what the grid should even look like with renewable energy. Technology has come a long way but we just aren't there yet so Hilary's call for a new grid is actually at this time financially impossible and irresponsible and is a futuristic not in her life time promise. 

We will get there with renewable but the transition both technical and economical needs wisdom. Otherwise chaos will rule the day. There is always more to the picture and that's what I'm wanting to see about the pipeline issue. We can get passionate about many things but having all the perspectives helps bring levity. 

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, artsylady said:

I'm sure, being human, are prone to it.  This particular fight seems to be more about their rights and about water.  The fight of the opposing side in this matter seems to be greed driven.  It all comes down to money.

There are parts of the pipeline that cross Indian Reservation land and according to treaties, the Indians have to agree to it's crossing.   They are concerned with the pipeline crossing the river which is up stream from the most of the tribal lands and you would be correct in them being worried about spills.   Just yesterday a gasoline pipeline burst over in the eastern part of the country that dumped a quarter million gallons of gasoline into nature....   should that happen in the river where this is all happening it would be disastrous as the crude oil is hugely more difficult to clean up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, artsylady said:

The court system is not perfect.   The government is not perfect.   It can go into a country, invade the people living there, massacre them, take their land, make them dependent on paper money, give them land, take their land away and when they have a problem in fighting for water, ignore them or side with the big oil company.

Not perfect......   the court system is corrupt......   the government is corrupt    and always has been.....   and you can go along with it or perish....   reality sucks some times.