• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, nebula said:

Why was the Queen mother writing this to her king son?

Because all Christians are kings and priests.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/8/2016 at 11:08 PM, Sister said:

Hi missmuffet

Yes, not literal but symbolic.  It's not about us, but about God's woman.  "She" is symbolic of "truth". 

It looks like you are amillennial. So I do not have anything in common with your belief.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, worthy said:

I think when reading this chapter you should take what you can out of it and apply it to your life it is not saying to do everything like this chapter describe. Because if you love the Lord and truly want to do right then you already are a virtuous woman

I wish more women would realize this.  Doing what is right makes you virtuous in it's finest essence. 

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We've been really busy playing in Branson and I just now came across this thread.   I just wanted to add:

What can we learn from the virtuous woman Proverbs 31??   I think God put that there so you would know my wife....     she doesn't do social media so you could not really get to know her well, so this is here just so I can let you know.....    God puts it into words much better than I ever could.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, other one said:

We've been really busy playing in Branson and I just now came across this thread.   I just wanted to add:

What can we learn from the virtuous woman Proverbs 31??   I think God put that there so you would know my wife....     she doesn't do social media so you could not really get to know her well, so this is here just so I can let you know.....    God puts it into words much better than I ever could.

That is quite a compliment to your wife oo :)

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It looks like you have are amillennial. So I do not have anything in common with your belief.

Proverbs 9:12   If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

Proverbs 31:1   The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him.

Proverbs 31:4   It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

Who was King Lemuel by the way?  Can anyone tell me?

On 10/09/2016 at 0:12 PM, Davida said:

I don't think for a moment it is meant to be allegorical , that opinion misses the powerful , practical guiding message in this scripture.

Hi Davida, Ezra and missmuffet

Then in your opinion the proverb is straight forward and needs no interpretation? 

Look at the introduction to proverbs, and you will see what a proverb is all about.

Proverbs 1:1   The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

Proverbs 1:2   To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

Proverbs 1:3   To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

Proverbs 1:4   To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

Proverbs 1:5   A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Proverbs 1:6   To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Proverbs 1:7   The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What can we learn from the virtuous woman Proverbs 31?

One can always dream :happyhappy: 

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

What can we learn from the virtuous woman Proverbs 31?

One can always dream :happyhappy: 

enoob57

....meaning? 

I say this parable is about the woman in Rev 12.  Her name is Zion and she is God's woman.  "She" represents God's truth, his teachings, and all the wisdom one can seek is dwelling with "her".   We either become a child of Zion, or a child of Babylon.  Both dwellings are represented by a woman who produces children, and both have their teachings and fruits.  I have come to realise that God glorifies "his truth", and likens it to a marriage that cannot be broken.  That's ok, if you want to take this proverb as a literal meaning and apply it to that, but I know that God does not praise and glorify flesh, but only his Word and truth, and we know him through this, that what he says is true.

The OP did ask "what can we learn from this", and I answered what I thought and all I got was an insult.  Seeing as I know this proverb is about "wisdom", only the type God can give us, through his woman, (not man's), I have at least enough wisdom to know that God does not like it when we scorn others.  Wisdom is not something to be taken lightly, for in it is life.

Proverbs 31:29   Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

So, the focus is on ONE WOMAN here, who excells all others.  And although many of you have excellent wives, don't forget nothing can be compared to this one.

Proverbs 21:11   When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.

Wisdom has more to it than just learning how a loyal wife does her duties well to makes her husband proud, it's actually listening to instruction on everything that comes out of God's mouth and what he has instructed us.  That's wisdom, to take heed.