• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/14/2016 at 4:10 PM, Natalie said:

I have never had a boyfriend before and never been on a date. Is God keeping me hidden from men for a reason? Why has no man ever asked me out on a date? Does God have a husband for me? I feel like I must be too ugly and invisible for a man to even notice me. I guess I am not beautiful enough. I would love to go on a date. Is there a special someone out there for me? Will it ever happen to me?

Keep praying for God to bring a man into your life who He wants you to be with. You will not be sorry for waiting and allowing God to open the door for that right someone. Just have faith and wait. I told that to my daughter and she said "Ya right". Well, it happened and she has been very happily married now for over 2 years. When that right someone does come into your life keep yourself only for him until you are married. Marriages are more successful in those instances.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/18/2016 at 5:09 PM, GoodFruit said:

Natalie, I feel for your need for a husband but I am suggesting that you not try to make this happen on your terms.  I speak from experience.  I could have saved myself a boatload of hurt and grief several times in my life if I hadn't tried to take matters into my own hands by seeking out someone to love me.  I have been married and divorced, almost married again (engaged), then married and divorced a second time all because I tried to control my own destiny.  I learned that I need to fall in love with Jesus first and foremost.  No one can take His place.  He must be your first true love.  I understand that this may be difficult for you to accept, but God may be keeping you for something greater.  Every time I attempted to make love happen for me, the Lord kept opening my eyes to the following scripture:

34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world--how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.  1 Cor. 7:34-35 NKJV

The relationships I had steered me away from focusing on God.  I continually put Him on the back burner and gave my attention to my mate.  Unless you have a mate who is truly committed to serving the Lord and you are mature in your faith, I would recommend that you seek God first and He may bring someone to you who is just right for you when the time is right...in His eyes.  Anytime you bring human reasoning and desire into the equation you are bound to botch things up.  Let God be God.  He knows what's best for you.

I would definitely stay away from the online dating sites, been there done that and you will not find your ideal mate there.  I know firsthand.  Christian Mingle is actually a bad dating site.  They get you to open an account with your credit card and then keep automatically charging your card to renew your subscription.  It's nearly impossible to get them to stop and they have virtually no customer service.  It is a credit card nightmare.  They are not a reputable company at all.  They operate several dating sites that are mostly all secular.  The bottom line with them is $$$.

Thanks so much GoodFruit! I have never done an online dating site before. I have no desire to do that anyway. Thanks for telling me about Christian Mingle. I have heard of Christian Mingle before but never knew about the credit card issue. I am glad I never opened an account. I am just going to focus on God for now everyday and fall more and more in love with Him everyday. God is the lover of my soul and my first love before my husband. No man will ever complete or love me like God does. I am just patiently waiting for God to send me the man that He has for me and I am not going to do online dating site.  I am just going to be still and let God be God. God knows what is best for me. Can't wait until God finally brings us together and I get to meet this man that God has for me. Thanks for everything.

On 9/18/2016 at 5:44 PM, missmuffet said:

Keep praying for God to bring a man into your life who He wants you to be with. You will not be sorry for waiting and allowing God to open the door for that right someone. Just have faith and wait. I told that to my daughter and she said "Ya right". Well, it happened and she has been very happily married now for over 2 years. When that right someone does come into your life keep yourself only for him until you are married. Marriages are more successful in those instances.

Thanks missmuffet! I pray everyday for my future husband and I am never going to give up or stop praying for this man even when he becomes my husband I will keep praying for him always and forever. I am just going to wait patiently for God to open the door for me to meet the right man that He has for me. Even though it is hard waiting, I am going to trust God because He knows who is best for me. I hope all my prayers for this man is making a difference in his life and a huge blessing. I don't know if he is praying for me, his future wife, but I am praying for him. Wow, that is awesome how it happened to your daughter and that she is happily married now for over 2 years. Can't wait until it is my turn to get married :)

On 9/18/2016 at 5:37 PM, Woman_At_The_Well said:

Isaiah 40:31King James Version

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

Thanks Woman_At_The_Well! I love this verse. It is a good one especially in my season of waiting for a husband. Good things come to those who wait. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me for my future. It is one of my favorites :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

17 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Thanks missmuffet! I pray everyday for my future husband and I am never going to give up or stop praying for this man even when he becomes my husband I will keep praying for him always and forever. I am just going to wait patiently for God to open the door for me to meet the right man that He has for me. Even though it is hard waiting, I am going to trust God because He knows who is best for me. I hope all my prayers for this man is making a difference in his life and a huge blessing. I don't know if he is praying for me, his future wife, but I am praying for him. Wow, that is awesome how it happened to your daughter and that she is happily married now for over 2 years. Can't wait until it is my turn to get married :)

nopressure.jpg

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

nopressure.jpg

Yes!!!!!! Exactly!!!!!! I love this. I never found this one before. I have lots of other future husband quotes that I have found for my collection. I am uploading them if you would like to look at them. I also write letters to my future husband in journals that I have. I put them all in a shoebox that I decorated with wrapping paper. It was a fun craft to make. I hope my future husband will love this wedding gift that I am going to give to him on our wedding night. I hope he will enjoy reading all of my letters. Also, I have a football piggy bank that I found at dollar tree that I put in the shoebox too. I had to buy the piggy bank it was just so cute. I put lots of coins that I have and dollar bills into the piggy bank. I hope my future husband will love it.

future_husband_quotes.docx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Natalie, have you tried volunteering? It is a great way to meet people. Maybe your church has a fall dance (unless youre baptist of course). You just gotta get out there! Remember, everyone is mostly shy at first, be brave and even if you are not fake it!! Good luck!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

Thanks Woman_At_The_Well! I love this verse. It is a good one especially in my season of waiting for a husband. Good things come to those who wait. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me for my future. It is one of my favorites :)

You are welcome. Be blessed.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/14/2016 at 8:10 PM, Natalie said:

I have never had a boyfriend before and never been on a date. Is God keeping me hidden from men for a reason? Why has no man ever asked me out on a date? Does God have a husband for me? I feel like I must be too ugly and invisible for a man to even notice me. I guess I am not beautiful enough. I would love to go on a date. Is there a special someone out there for me? Will it ever happen to me?

Dear sister Natalie,

Grace and mercy and Peace from our lord Jesus Christ.

The first thing you should worry about is to be in perfect communion with Jesus Christ.

·         “He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.” (Matthew 12.30).

Without this you are already against Christ (regardless of what you do, think or feel). Follow Paul's advice:

·         “But this I say, brethren, the time [ is ] short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing [ it ]: for the fashion of this world passeth away. But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: but he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please [ his ] wife. There is difference [ also ] between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please [ her ] husband. And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.” (1Corinthians 7.29-35).

Seek to hear Jesus' voice and be guided by Him (Romans 8:14). Be concerned only with how to be pleasing to Jesus, namely, receiving into yourself all that He is: His thoughts, feelings, plans and desires.

If you rest and wait on Jesus (Psalm 37.7; 46.10), delighting in His company, having Him as His tender and sure refuge (Psalm 46: 1, 91.1), He will satisfy every desire of your heart through His spirit dwelling in you.

In other words, you will not miss anything (Psalms 23: 1) because He will be your only joy, satisfaction and reason for living:

• ·         “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” (Psalms 37.4).
  •  “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4.19).
  • “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither [ shall ] fruit [ be ] in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and [ there shall be ] no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God [ is ] my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' [ feet ], and he will make me to walk upon mine high places…”(Habakkuk 3.17-19).

In fact, the more you pray, meditate on the Holy Scripture and accept His will in your life, the more your heart will yearn for Jesus (Psalm 42.1, 63.1, 69.3, 121.1, 84.1.2, 130.5.6, 132.3-5; 143: 6), by His holiness (Psalms 29: 2, 96: 9) and salvation (Psalms 9:14, 13: 5, 20: 5,1: 40,16: 51,12; 70.4; 119.81,166,174):

·         “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [ his ] good pleasure.” (Philippians 2.12,13).

Hence it is said that the Word of the Eternal is alive and effective to save our souls:

• ·         “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1.21).
  • “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1.16).
  • “For the word of God [ is ] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [ is ] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4.12).

At last, if you remain heard the voice of Jesus, He will cleanse you from within (Titus 3.4-6), so that you will have no eyes for anything or anyone that does not have to do with the good gift of the Eternal coming from above to you (James 1.16,17). You will be able to follow the counsel given by Paul:

·         Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. Art thou called [ being ] a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use [ it ] rather. For he that is called in the Lord, [ being ] a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, [ being ] free, is Christ's servant. Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.” (1Corinthians 7.20-23).

In short: do not let anything or anyone enslave your heart and keep you from fully dedicating yourself to Jesus. Until Jesus (in person, not by some prophet claiming to be speaking on His behalf) shows you the young man to whom you were made, remain in the state in which you were called: single.

Worry how to please the Eternal. As you do so, He is working your heart and that of your future husband, so that when the time comes, your home may be a true expression of His good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12: 2).

May Jesus never let us be tempted (Matthew 6:13), but deliver us be led by our deceitful and evil heart (Jeremiah 17: 9). May Jesus free us from the curse of having to trust any human being (including ourselves - Jeremiah 17: 5, Ps. 147: 10-11), so that we do not allow ourselves to be deceived not even by the appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22) or by the disguises of Ha -Satan (2 Corinthians 11: 13-15).

May Jesus give us a pure and holy heart that will never think of departing from the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus (2Corinthians 11.3).

PS: The important thing is not how many people like you, but rather how you recognize the love of Jesus through the people He brings to you.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Dear sister Natalie,

Grace and mercy and Peace from our lord Jesus Christ.

Cultivate a more and more beautiful heart in Christ Jesus, that is, filled with Christ's character, testimony, love, wisdom, truth and humility, and no one will even pay attention to your appearance.

On the contrary, you will receive the true blessing that comes from above (James 1:16,17) and will always be surrounded by people who will come to you specially to know Jesus through your life.

·        “Behold, thou shalt call a nation [ that ] thou knowest not, and nations [ that ] knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.” (Isaiah 55.5).

Never associate happiness with physical beauty. On the contrary, the more beautiful the woman is, the more difficult it is for her to enjoy true love. After all, her beauty will attract many unscrupulous men who will do anything to take advantage of this beauty.

On the other hand, the ugly woman can only attract the attention of a single man: the one that Jesus did specially to shelter her inside (remember that the woman was taken from the rib of Adam (Genesis 2:21) and, emotionally and spiritually must be put there again to assist man in the Eternal's mission for him - Genesis 2:18).

On 9/14/2016 at 8:10 PM, Natalie said:

I feel like I must be too ugly and invisible for a man to even notice me. I guess I am not beautiful enough.

So, if you really are ugly as you think you are, rejoice, for the chance of you being deceived by the sight of the eyes or the heart (unfortunately our heart is evil and deceitful - Jeremiah 17: 5,9) is minimal.

On 9/16/2016 at 1:00 AM, Natalie said:

Wow! That is a nice photo of you and your wife on the day that you two met. I can't wait to meet my husband someday.

May Jesus help us not to be anxious after our desires, but to grant us the grace to see the value of those whom He has already placed in our lives and to be happy with them.