wildflowerdreams

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What happened when we die? Does our soul goes directly to heaven and hell (depending on how we are judged)? Or we are asleep until the final judgement come?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hi Welcome to Worthy...sorry im not able to answer that but there are many here that sure can..you might also find the answer to that on this sites statement of Faith.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I can't give a 110% certainty of an answer.

Many times I hear preachers say at funerals, "The Bible says 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord'".  They are implying that once we die - in the blink of an eye we are in heaven.  That MAY be true, but that scripture is terribly misquoted and it gets on my nerves when it's used incorrectly like that.

Here's what it actually says:  "So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."  2 Corinthians 5:6-10

The whole point of that passage is not about when we go to heaven, but that no matter where we are - we need to be about pleasing God.  Actually, start with verse 1 to get the whole context.

Then there's the biblical teaching that "The dead in Christ shall rise and we shall meet them in the air." from the passage of 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

My best answer I can give you is that I can't give you an answer with absolute clarity.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

When a born again believer dies their soul goes immediately to heaven. Their body lies in the grave until the resurrection which is at the rapture of the Church.

Welcome to Worthy wildflower :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

wildflowerdreams,

Welcome to Worthy. The Worthy forums, have many areas for discussing all sorts of issues, and topics. Here, where you posted this question, is called Worthy Welcome. It has the purpose of being a place, where people being new to the forums, can introduce themselves, and other members, can say "Hi" and welcome them here.

This area of the forums, is not for asking questions about topics such as yours. Please, feel free to look around the forums and see all of the different topic areas that we have, and in the future, deposit you question in a place that seems like a match for what you are asking.

A lot of the time, you will find that others have asked the same sorts of questions, and others still, have made the effort to provide good answers.

Again, welcome to Worthy!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

I can't give a 110% certainty of an answer.

100% should be sufficient.:)

Anyone who has been born of the Spirit and has the indwelling Holy Spirit will be immediately in the presence of Christ in Heaven. And absent from the body is indeed to be present with the Lord.

There is no Purgatory and there is no Soul Sleep. That is why Christ said "Ye MUST be born again!". Because to be without Christ is to be in Hades, and then eternal Hell.

Thanks so much all to your inputs.My sincere apologies if I post a question here instead of introducing myself. I might have misunderstood the instruction of where to raise a topic. 

I really appreciate the bible verses shared. Thanks for the warm welcome. God bless

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/16/2016 at 4:06 PM, wildflowerdreams said:

What happened when we die? Does our soul goes directly to heaven and hell (depending on how we are judged)? Or we are asleep until the final judgement come?

According to the passage of the rich man and Lazarus, we are going to the Abraham's bosom:

• "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom." (Luke 1.19-23).

Welcome to Worthy and may Jesus edify you through this forum.

2 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

According to the passage of the rich man and Lazarus, we are going to the Abraham's bosom:

• "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom." (Luke 1.19-23).

Welcome to Worthy and may Jesus edify you through this forum.

Thank you so much.