AndyMan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Firstly this post is how I found this site when I googled the question and found a post that was placed on here last year.

I know a person that is claiming benifits frauduently they have a house that he claims housing benifit for but doesnt live there and claims sick benifit and works on the side. Would it be a sin to report him. Ive never in my life told on someone but this person is so blatent in his actions and has made his x partners life a missory lately. The thing is I think of lady magdalyn when she was about to be stoned and jesus said who hasnt sinned themselves etc etc. 

I could go on with things to say but I want to know if its a sin to tell tale ?

God bless.

AndyMan 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't believe that turning in a cheat is a sin at all but you have to be sure of your motivation for doing so.  Is it moral outrage or revenge? .  You have to follow your conscience on this one, Andyman.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It's not that the Pharisees turning the woman in to be stoned for adultery was wrong. It was what was in their hearts. One, they wanted to put Jesus in a corner and make Him trip up on something by asking if they should stone her, the second thing was that they intentionally brought the woman out in public to humiliate and look down upon her(and show how much better they were since they 'didn't sin'), third they let the man who was committing adultery with her get away(seriously, just think about this for a second; they might've known him), and lastly they themselves had big old logs in their own eyes since they had been committing possibly worse or similar sins as her as Jesus alluded to when He said 'He without sin cast the first stone'. The point was not that they were wrong for confronting her sin, they went about it the wrong way and also probably were committing similar or worse sins. It's okay to confront people about their wrong doings or turn people in as long as you go about it in the correct way, as the previous poster mentioned imo.

42How can you say, ‘Brother, let me take the speck outof your eye,’ while you yourself fail to see the beam in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Luke 6:42

Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Galatians 6:1

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

James 5:19-20

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The law said both the man and woman were to be brought forth to be stoned. The pharisees only brought forth the woman, so they were in the wrong there. 

Anyway, I do not think it is a sin to report someone breaking the law. I have done so and ended up saving lives as a result. 

For me its the prinsible, the fact that a young family could be living in the flat. But I'm not free from sin so I would feel hypercritical although i havent done the same as he.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

18 minutes ago, AndyMan said:

For me its the prinsible, the fact that a young family could be living in the flat. But I'm not free from sin so I would feel hypercritical although i havent done the same as he.  

I have often found myself thinking "well at least I don't do that". It is an easy trap to fall into. Instead of focusing on the "wrongs" others do I find I am better served when I am able to focus on my own walk with God. I am not always successful but when I am I seem to gain and learn more than when I am not. Just a thought.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Andyman

I do remember that Thread & we have had a few discussions of the subject but it is always a good one!

I don't believe that turning in a cheat is a sin at all but you have to be sure of your motivation for doing so.  Is it moral outrage or revenge? .  You have to follow your conscience on this one, Andyman.                                                   Morning Glory

I agree with our Sister MG,we are accountable for our own actions for sure and not for anyone els's ,,,,yet we do share 'responsibilty"especially when it comes to something that affects so many others......                                                                                 With love-in Christ,kwik

And a good one too. I think I'll take a leaf from your book on this one and just consintrate on my own path.

Take care & God bless.

AndyMan 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

they are stealing from us all when they do that.....   I'd have to check, but at one time it was illegal for you not to report them if you knew about it.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/9/2016 at 10:07 AM, MorningGlory said:

I don't believe that turning in a cheat is a sin at all but you have to be sure of your motivation for doing so.  Is it moral outrage or revenge? .  You have to follow your conscience on this one, Andyman.

I agree with my sister MG.  Not only is it not a sin but he needs to be turned in.  I would not think about it for  a second.  Just do it and leave the results in God's Hands.